Ángel Di María | Transferred to PSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcomanmufc

I have always been reasonably pragmatic about these kind of things. While i'd obviously love to keep ADM (assuming we were reasonably confident he'd find some of him best for again) i'm of the opinion that any player who's not got the bottle to fight for their place or is in a position to unsettle a dressing room, then its better that they just get the boot...however, this is assuming we can get a reasonable return for said player.

If Jamie Jackson et al, are true and its less than £30m then its insulting, as people have already mentioned. However, I would argue that the French press have been running this story for weeks and never once mentioned anything less than about 60m euros...which to me means they're either talking rubbish, and know nothing about the deal (which if true is interesting as that's what's fueled this entire transfer), or its not PSG who are supplying this story.

If it was in anyone's interest to try and advertise an extremely low offer, it would normally be Le Parisien and L'equipe who are both in PSG's pockets so to gain favour with the fans.

This case is different however with the British press the ones who are breaking the low offer. I may be completely wrong, but i think this is MUFC using the British press to get the fans on side with us selling ADM for less than we bought him....

10 days ago i was completely against ADM going for any less than we bought him for, but now given PSG's "opening offer" of £28.5m, i'd be happy for us to get the 65m euros. So in essence, if i'm the "normal fan" then this physiology experiment has worked.

I honestly can't see why it'd only be the British press saying this (although the Times were saying that it'll be £46 rising to £51m a couple days ago) when the French are continuing with the numbers they've always mentioned, unless this is all just a minimsing anger exercise.

Also with Woodward the apple of the fans eye 2 weeks ago, he'd save face by basically adding 70% to their "opening offer"...

Just a thought. :-)

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Emm, so sign Schweinsteiger and Schneiderlin, and tell them sorry we found someone better?

One of them or Carrick would not get many games if Verratti was brought in.
If they were willing and Verratti became available, we should bite their hands off, no question! Carrick is coming to the end of his career anyway. Not a chance we should turn down that option, but yeah, I agree though - they'd never let him go. I even said so in my post!

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
If PSG doesn't play, I'll happily watch AdM freeze his balls off in the stands at OT every night.

JustAFan

The Adebayo Akinfenwa of football photoshoppers
An evil little city in the NE United States
Quite a few posters were critical of DeGea fr putting the club in a poor negotiating position. What about DiMaria? More time on the contract of course but by not showing up isn't putting the club in a poor position to negotiate a deal? Not to mention his poor play when it appears he gave up in the 2nd half of the season.

Guy might be a great player but a class act he is not.

I actually think we need someone like Lucas more. Van Gaal seems to agree as well from his recent interview. We need creativity and pace more than anything else, we need it bad.
We dodged a bullet with that one. Hes turned out to be nothing special even in a mickey mouse league. We could have spent 40 odd million on him. Verratti is the only player i would pay them money for.

I also dont worry about ADM lighting Ligue 1 up. Hes been here and hasnt the stomach for the pressure. Why would we be sad about him going if thats the case? We need players who are mentally capable too.

Ole90+3

We dodged a bullet with that one. Hes turned out to be nothing special even in a mickey mouse league. We could have spent 40 odd million on him. Verratti is the only player i would pay them money for.

I also dont worry about ADM lighting Ligue 1 up. Hes been here and hasnt the stomach for the pressure. Why would we be sad about him going if thats the case? We need players who are mentally capable too.
:lol:

Do you watch much Ligue 1?

Lucas has been a consistent performer for PSG. Last season he got himself 7 goals and 5 assists, despite missing the last 3 months of the season due to injury.

He is also 22, the same age ADM was when he moved to Real Madrid for £20m. At that stage, in 2010, most posters on here really weren't too fussed about signing Di Maria.

Edit: on checking whoscored.com - he is listed the 5th top performer in the squad last season, beating Luiz, Marquinhos and Cavani. Also grabbed himself 6 MOTM awards in 22 Appearances, equalling the most MOTM performances in the team last year, yet again while missing 3 months of the season.

Last edited:

predator

Youth NITK
How is that having the last laugh? Having the last laugh would be to get a top player or 2 from them while keeping Di Maria. Calling it even would be selling Di Maria but getting someone from them. Your scenario is detrimental to the club.
letting a player leave, who clearly doesnt want to play for the club and has disrespected the club by refusing to meet up on tour, isn't detrimental to the club imo. Each to their own I guess.

Roman Bellic

Prick

Lucas has been a consistent performer for PSG. Last season he got himself 7 goals and 5 assists, despite missing the last 3 months of the season due to injury.

He is also 22, the same age ADM was when he moved to Real Madrid for £20m. At that stage, in 2010, most posters on here really weren't too fussed about signing Di Maria.

Edit: on checking whoscored.com - he is listed the 5th top performer in the squad last season, beating Luiz, Marquinhos and Cavani. Also grabbed himself 6 MOTM awards in 22 Appearances, equalling the most MOTM performances in the team last year, yet again while missing 3 months of the season.
Quite impressive.

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.

Do you watch a lot of Ligue 1 too ? Lucas is a joke, and except running head down, he's not a real class player. He shows quality in a team that is walking on this poor League.

I'm very happy that he didn't came to us few years ago. He was described as the second best player of his generation behind Neymar, and ahead Oscar.... What Dunga or Scolari think about him ? No selection. Blanc ? He prefers Lavezzi.

He has incredible speed, and the ability to break a defense on the first 3/4 meters, but after, he's not clever enough, or technical enough to do the difference, what Pastore, Veratti does

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Quite a few posters were critical of DeGea fr putting the club in a poor negotiating position. What about DiMaria? More time on the contract of course but by not showing up isn't putting the club in a poor position to negotiate a deal? Not to mention his poor play when it appears he gave up in the 2nd half of the season.

Guy might be a great player but a class act he is not.
DDG didn't do anything classless, refusing to sign a contract is well within his rights. ADM is being a pussy. If you wanna move, assume it.

dirkey

Glad to see the back of Di Maria, he may well go on and do the business at PSG, but I don't really care. Plainly doesn't want to be here, put his head down and shrunk at the first sign of trouble.

Varun

Staff
letting a player leave, who clearly doesnt want to play for the club and has disrespected the club by refusing to meet up on tour, isn't detrimental to the club imo. Each to their own I guess.
That wasn't what my post was about. You said Woodward would have the last laugh which obviously isn't the case if Di Maria leaves just for cash. Whether or not few of their players end up on bigger contracts means feck all when it comes to us.

If they want him and he's adamant on going, they should be made to pay top dollar. Even better would be getting someone like Marquinhos in return.

predator

Youth NITK
That wasn't what my post was about. You said Woodward would have the last laugh which obviously isn't the case if Di Maria leaves just for cash. Whether or not few of their players end up on bigger contracts means feck all when it comes to us.

If they want him and he's adamant on going, they should be made to pay top dollar. Even better would be getting someone like Marquinhos in return.
I dont think my scenario is detrimental to united as you originally said. Psg arent the only club we can buy from.
I'd take 60 million gbp with no players from them in a heartbeat. feck their players there are plenty more out there from other clubs.

Ole90+3

Do you watch a lot of Ligue 1 too ? Lucas is a joke, and except running head down, he's not a real class player. He shows quality in a team that is walking on this poor League.

I'm very happy that he didn't came to us few years ago. He was described as the second best player of his generation behind Neymar, and ahead Oscar.... What Dunga or Scolari think about him ? No selection. Blanc ? He prefers Lavezzi.

He has incredible speed, and the ability to break a defense on the first 3/4 meters, but after, he's not clever enough, or technical enough to do the difference, what Pastore, Veratti does
Of course I watch PSG, otherwise there would be no way I'd be making such claims about a player being quality.

You should know that the selection of the Brazilian team at an international level is a total joke.

I'm also a big fan of Pastore. He may even be a better option, however he doesn't possess Lucas's pace, I think he has a better IQ in terms of what pass to make. He's also 4 years older than Lucas.

Van Gaal could make Lucas into a very special player. He has all the technical abilities.

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
Of course I watch PSG, otherwise there would be no way I'd be making such claims about a player being quality.

You should know that the selection of the Brazilian team at an international level is a total joke.

I'm also a big fan of Pastore. He may even be a better option, however he doesn't possess Lucas's pace, I think he has a better IQ in terms of what pass to make. He's also 4 years older than Lucas.

Van Gaal could make Lucas into a very special player. He has all the technical abilities.
I don't really understand how can you say that Lucas is good enough to play with us, when he's not good enough to play for Paris ? Not saying that Paris are inferior to us, but not very superior

In terms of IQ, Lucas is close to nothing. Ancelotti and Blanc asked him to play as a winger, close to the line... He always comes inside, try to dribble. He would never be favorite under LVG because he doesn't suit the philosophy. Remember LVG said that he trains the brains and not only the legs

Lucas will be outcast once ADM will arrive

Ole90+3

I don't really understand how can you say that Lucas is good enough to play with us, when he's not good enough to play for Paris ? Not saying that Paris are inferior to us, but not very superior

In terms of IQ, Lucas is close to nothing. Ancelotti and Blanc asked him to play as a winger, close to the line... He always comes inside, try to dribble. He would never be favorite under LVG because he doesn't suit the philosophy. Remember LVG said that he trains the brains and not only the legs

Lucas was a started for PSG all season until he picked up a bad muscle injury in February.

tippex

Isnt a bit strange that he's been missing for 3 days now. More time passes more it's evident he's on strike in Argentina.
What I find crazy is the fact that LVG said he had no idea why DiMaria missed the flight and there has been nothing since.

I watch probably one in every 3 games, and the games involving PSG are the only ones that get televised here.

Lucas has been decent enough, but nothing stands out other than his pace. Considering he was touted as THE talent to watch only 3 or 4 years ago he's had an extraordinarily lacklustre career so far with PSG. Being listed as 5th best performer basically means he is middle of the pack, yet playing in a very poor league.

fallengt

Though I don't claim that I watch PSG a lot but do watch all of their maches in UCL for the past few years and have to agree with Chaky_Best here. Moura is definitely gifted with talent but when it comes to football intelligence, he's on Phil Jones level.
He's still young and can be elevated to next level in few years who knows but right now, he's not a finished product. Not sure if he's Lvg's player at all.

Jonnymufc

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
So where exactly is he right now?
I was wondering this too. Was expecting to see an announcement about a fee being agreed almost immediately after the missed flight, if he's not in the USA shouldn't he be at training in Carrington like Valdes?

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
I want to know where the feck Mendes is?! Should't he be sorting this situation out with his client? All he does is get the best deals for Madrid and his clients. Does nothing for United. Wouldn't surprise me if he's not encouraging Di Maria in his attitude. Really pisses me off that a player contracted to the club is behaving so unprofessionally. I honestly cannot believe this.
And PSG better feck off with their shitty offer. They've been chasing him for ages so let them pay up or feck off. If Pep still wants Di Maria let's open negotiations with Bayern. Cannot wait for the bastard to go.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
I hope we're not paying his wages right now!
I think he will receive a heavy fine for his current behaviour absence.
Basically, he is on strike and when you strike, it is accepted that you don't get paid.

I do hope we dont sell this guy for a low fee, considering what we paid.

I realise that £30-£40M is the right fee for Di Maria - he is not as good as many fans believe him to be. Last year I believe he had 2 great games, then he was "done".
But to let him go for a low fee, would feel like a kick in testicles.

mexos

Academy player
Whenever I played CM/FM and realized a player of mine was lost, I used my resources to retrain the player to play in a whole other position, mainly GK. I feel this is the kind of pettiness this situation needs.

Van Gaalacticos

I think he will receive a heavy fine for his current behaviour absence.
Basically, he is on strike and when you strike, it is accepted that you don't get paid.

I do hope we dont sell this guy for a low fee, considering what we paid.

I realise that £30-£40M is the right fee for Di Maria - he is not as good as many fans believe him to be. Last year I believe he had 2 great games, then he was "done".
But to let him go for a low fee, would feel like a kick in testicles.
I'd genuinely play him in the U21's before selling for less than £50m. I think it's a good message to send out that if you want to play for United then you honour your contract or you leave on our terms, we shouldn't be letting players dictate to us a year in to their contracts. I'd honestly be tempted with the money we have to sign a replacement and just not play Di Maria or only play him as cover for others injuries and suspensions.

What a weasel.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
If the bid is lower than £45m, we should stick two fingers up at PSG, keep Di Maria, and never do business with them again. He has 4 years left on his contract. We didn't buy him to keep him a year and preserve his re-sale value. We hold all the power here. It's the exact opposite of the De Gea situation, so we shouldn't be bullied.

If the right bid doesn't come in, we should be telling Di Maria to shut up and deal with it. You don't sign a 5 year deal, if your intention is to weasel out 10 months later.

LilRicky

Guys if anyone has seen him, can the please report it to their local police station ;)

Bestie07

My underlying memory of him will always be from the final game against West Brom and how he couldn't wait to get off the pitch after one heavy challenge. He's a very good player but I wouldn't be sad to see him go, in fact as long as we are adequately compensated and get a good wide player in, a part of me will be happy to see that kind of attitude leave the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.