Çağlar Söyüncü - Leicester's 'Diamond in the rough'...

Kostov

Massively overrated in the first half of the season. Mostly because of the whole Maguire narrative. Piss poor in the second half of the season. Laughable that people have been selecting him in their team of the year.
People on here are using him as an example to slag of Maguire, probably never seem him play. The Turkish David Luiz, without the afro hair

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
He has been very good when I have watched them, but he has made a big mistake there which could cost them everything this season.

Bojan11

He’s a hot head and has no composure. Was literally booting everything that comes to him rather than controlling it.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Massively overrated in the first half of the season. Mostly because of the whole Maguire narrative. Piss poor in the second half of the season. Laughable that people have been selecting him in their team of the year.
He’s constantly making mistakes but nobody really cares. Like you say; most of it was simply narrative of people gagging for him to be better than Maguire. That @Jimmy Skitz guy used to talk so much shite, now he’s ran to Arsenal forums to hope our players break their legs. :lol:

Infestissumam

dumbest red card I've seen in a while, totally deserves the 3 games for violent conduct. Leicester must be fuming, this one could be costly.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Shit hair, looks like a prick.

He's going to be banned for 3 games right? Big blow for their chances.

Bojan11

He’s constantly making mistakes but nobody really cares. Like you say; most of it was simply narrative of people gagging for him to be better than Maguire. That @Jimmy Skitz guy used to talk so much shite, now he’s ran to Arsenal forums to hope our players break their legs. :lol:
He’s always been a WUM. Just a Leicester version of Glaston.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Used to support Liverpool too.

Nick7

He’s been utter bollocks since the restart. Cherry on top this evening.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
Used to support Liverpool too.
if by used to you mean when I was 8 and thought the only football that happened was what was on MOTD then yeah go for it
He’s been utter bollocks since the restart. Cherry on top this evening.
he's actually been one of our better players since restart, which isn't saying much, he has genuinely been superb for us on the whole this season but that was inexcusable and pretty much sums up our performances since restart, lost our heads

cyberman

Seriously? That should be ban worthy if true

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
Is Morgan their backup CB as he has hardly played this season?
he doesn't play much, if he played he would have to play in the middle of the back 3 and that's Evans role, would suspect we'll go to a back 4 with Bennett and Evans or if Chilwell is back play Fuchs there as well

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
Seriously? That should be ban worthy if true
I explained it in the VAR thread, Arsenal fan said Villa should refuse to come out second half so I mocked him with something equally dumb and never going to happen, I even posted in that same post I wasn't being serious

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
If our CBs make as many mistakes they would be written off as not good enough. That's the difference in expectations.

Wayne's World

His form has dramatically fallen off a cliff for the past 6 months. He hasn't been anywhere near as good as he was at the start

Robbie Boy

He's a decent player that's playing in a struggling team. Leicester look a shambles at the minute. Maguire is clearly the superior player and only salty Leicester fans would say otherwise. The Maguire transfer broke a lot of Leicester fans on here.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
He's a decent player that's playing in a struggling team. Leicester look a shambles at the minute. Maguire is clearly the superior player and only salty Leicester fans would say otherwise. The Maguire transfer broke a lot of Leicester fans on here.
our defensive record improved this season, as to who's better I don't really care, Maguire is gone so it makes no odds to me, I'm more concerned at the lack of mental strength of my side currently, its bizarre

ROFLUTION

Was a bit over-aggressive. But Wilson provoked him and pushed him into the net with no punishment. Seemed like both should have seen red imo.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He's a good CB and only turned 24 not long ago. I don't think he's the problem for Leicester but rather the CBs that partner him. Evans for example has been shockingly bad IMO and at 32 should be leading the like of Söyüncü.

But I couldn't care less because we're now in a fantastic position to qualify for the UCL and build a very strong team potentially.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
He's a good CB and only turned 24 not long ago. I don't think he's the problem for Leicester but rather the CBs that partner him. Evans for example has been shockingly bad IMO and at 32 should be leading the like of Söyüncü.

But I couldn't care less because we're now in a fantastic position to qualify for the UCL and build a very strong team potentially.
first half of the season Evans was superb, since restart he's been crap, there was a period of play first half when we were defending and the only voice you could hear was Kasper's, Evans should have been vocal as well as the senior CB.

mu4c_20le

Was a bit over-aggressive. But Wilson provoked him and pushed him into the net with no punishment. Seemed like both should have seen red imo.
Nah they were both going for the ball, he lost his head because of the circumstances.

Bojan11

first half of the season Evans was superb, since restart he's been crap, there was a period of play first half when we were defending and the only voice you could hear was Kasper's, Evans should have been vocal as well as the senior CB.
Evans has never been vocal that’s why he struggled with us especially when Vidic and Rio regressed or left. He was supposed to be the leader and couldn’t handle it.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
our defensive record improved this season, as to who's better I don't really care, Maguire is gone so it makes no odds to me, I'm more concerned at the lack of mental strength of my side currently, its bizarre
Improved because Rodgers though. If you only count last season games under Rodgers, your defensive record was better than this season. Losing Maguire weakened your defense especially in that mental strength, bottled it. Still, it's understandable since Soyuncu is still young.

Skills

Snitch
Evans has never been vocal that’s why he struggled with us especially when Vidic and Rio regressed or left. He was supposed to be the leader and couldn’t handle it.
That's weird. The caf would have you know, that leadership was coded into the Irish part of Evans' genetic code.

Eddy_JukeZ

His defending for the 2nd is some of the worst defending I've ever seen at top level football.

I still don't get what he was doing.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
he was more vocal than this in the first half of the season, Leicester have serious lack of leaders in the team, only good thing of the last couple of games is Chilwell's absence has shown the idiots in our fans base that seem to hate him how vital he is to our play, same with Ricardo down the other flank
Improved because Rodgers though. If you only count last season games under Rodgers, your defensive record was better than this season. Losing Maguire weakened your defense especially in that mental strength, bottled it. Still, it's understandable since Soyuncu is still young.
possibly but I've seen enough good players leave and be replaced by a so called "lesser" player and the overall team improve because of the balance or a partnership that clicks etc.

prateik

That defending before the red was not even worthy of being called defending.. he was running away from the ball. what the actual feck was he thinking?

Shocking.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Your keeper cost you, because if he had done his job this thread would be very quiet right now.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
possibly but I've seen enough good players leave and be replaced by a so called "lesser" player and the overall team improve because of the balance or a partnership that clicks etc.
My point is that Maguire's leadership influence has been underappreciated. There is a reason why we went for him because our other defenders including the past never step up. It also reflects to the stage of United & Leicester defense now.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
That defending before the red was not even worthy of being called defending.. he was running away from the ball. what the actual feck was he thinking?

Shocking.
looked like he was trying to block the cut back and leaving Kasper to save the shot, which he should have done it was pretty tame
Your keeper cost you, because if he had done his job this thread would be very quiet right now.
well yeah if he saves that shot the incident in the net never happens