g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

İlkay Gündoğan Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ekeke

He's really clever, not available this summer and we probably couldnt get him next summer anyway

Ekeke

I think Bayern are officially full on CMs for now. I expect he'll go to Madrid or Barcelona next summer instead

NoLogo

I think his availability in the near future will strongly depend on if he signs a new contract with Dortmund this season or not.

If he doesn't sign a new contract and he will only be with one year left next summer they might be willing to listen to offers from outside of the Bundesliga but we will probably face a lot of competition from all the other big teams in Europe.

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
I think Bayern are officially full on CMs for now. I expect he'll go to Madrid or Barcelona next summer instead

Surely all these bastards will run out of positions they need to fill with players that would be perfect for us at some point...:lol: Every youngster I see these days I end up thinking it's inevitable they'll end up elsewhere.

It's true though...Madrid written all over Gundogan.

Ekeke

I expect even if he does sign a contract with Dortmund, it'll still have clauses or agreements that he can move onto bigger things

Ekeke

Surely these bastards will run out of positions they need to fill with players that would be perfect for us at some point...:lol: It's true though...Madrid written all over Gundogan.
The thing is Madrid never get full because some of their high profile signings dont live up to the billing. And to be honest with Thiago moving on and Xavi in his 30s now, Iniesta into his prime years, I think its safe to say he'll be on the Barcelona radar in the next 18 months. He'd really fit into their style

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
If we're offering Barca 35 million for Fabregas who we can't get, we should be doing whatever we can to bring in Gundogan. Probably no chance of him leaving this summer but next summer we should do everything in our power to get him. Regardless of if we strengthen this summer or not, we'll need to replace Carrick soon so next season would be a great time to bring in Gundogan.

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
The thing is Madrid never get full because some of their high profile signings dont live up to the billing. And to be honest with Thiago moving on and Xavi in his 30s now, Iniesta into his prime years, I think its safe to say he'll be on the Barcelona radar in the next 18 months. He'd really fit into their style

True. As Kouroux also correctly points out, there'll be another spot after we inevitably sign Fabregas. Obviously...

They'll probably replace him with Oliver Torres. Wankers - he looks an outstanding youngster.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
I can't watch Dortmund any more. Every time I see Gundogan all I can think is...he's perfect. No homo

Devil may care

Voted for him in the poll and nothing has changed my mind, he's the best possible CM buy we could make IMO, we really should be throwing the whole transfer effort in his direction.

bosnian_red

Voted for him in the poll and nothing has changed my mind, he's the best possible CM buy we could make IMO, we really should be throwing the whole transfer effort in his direction.
I went for Thiago because he was the best of the ones that could actually happen. Gundogan would be perfect though, sadly there isn't a chance of that happening this summer.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Would Dortmund really not sell if we offered them the 45-50m it'll probably take to get Fabregas? How much will he actually cost when he leaves Dortmund? I reckon Barca will be his eventual destination, he seems like a good fit for their very specific style of play.

jem

What's his contract status? If he only has a year or two left and doesn't sign a new one, then Dortmund may well be tempted by a large offer (and if I remember correctly, Gundogan has said that he fancies playing England.)

binary bot
He has 2 years left and already said he wants to stay for at least a year more.

NoLogo

He has 2 years left and already said he wants to stay for at least a year more.

I think his father and agent said that he wants to renew the contract with Dortmund and that he should stay for another 2-3 years before going abroad.

It also looks that he would fancy a move abroad after playing a few more years for Dortmund and as far as I can tell he isn't dead set on playing for Real or Barca, so I guess we might have a chance to be an option in the near future, the problem is that we need quality in midfield now and not in 2-3 years.

bosnian_red

Because of the World Cup?
No, more so because he and Dortmund have said he won't be going anywhere this summer, and he recently signed a contract extension I think. Next summer there's a better chance, but I think he'll stay at Dortmund for another 2 years to be honest.

NoLogo

No, more so because he and Dortmund have said he won't be going anywhere this summer, and he recently signed a contract extension I think. Next summer there's a better chance, but I think he'll stay at Dortmund for another 2 years to be honest.

He has signed no new contract yet but he is negotiating for one of course out of a very good position, most of Europes top clubs are interested in him and he has only 2 years left on his contract so I guess his extension will get really expensive for Dortmund.

bosnian_red

He has signed no new contract yet but he is negotiating for one of course out of a very good position, most of Europes top clubs are interested in him and he has only 2 years left on his contract so I guess his extension will get really expensive for Dortmund.
I thought I read that he signed one recently, must have confused him with someone. He did say that he won't be going anywhere this summer right?

NoLogo

I thought I read that he signed one recently, must have confused him with someone. He did say that he won't be going anywhere this summer right?

His father, who is also his agent, said he wants to renew his contract and stay at Dortmund for another 2-3 years and then look for a move abroad if possible because they feel it would be the best for his development to stay at Dortmund atm.

Hard to disagree with him here but I think there might be chance he won't renew his contract if Dortmund can't or won't meet his wage demands, like with Lewandowski at the start, then he might not renew and look for a new team next summer.

But Dortmund would be crazy to not offer him a very good new contract, considering how important he is for the team but of course you never know.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
Because of the World Cup?

Why? Are we now that much of an impotent force in the market and undesirable destination without Fergie??
No but there are those two-three teams that seem to pick everything from the market. And then there are the russian/arab billionare plastics that mop up whoever they can by throwing ridiculous wages and fees around. It's a tough competition and I'm realistic.

Siorac

Why? Are we now that much of an impotent force in the market and undesirable destination without Fergie??

We could never compete with Real Madrid and Barcelona for the best continental players. With or without Fergie, that's just the reality. It didn't stop us from winning a lot of stuff - but it's going to be hard, if Germany and Spain keep producing brilliant talent at the rate they've been doing recently while Britain is falling behind more and more.

Peasplease

How do you pronounce his first name ? On ESPN the pundits were going ending "Ilkay" like "OK", I thought they were ridiculous.

The "I" makes the same sound as it does in the word pick and the "a" makes the same sound as the "u" does in up.

Devil may care

If he's signed a new contract that would definitely be it as I imagine it'll have a ridiculous buyout clause.

No but there are those two-three teams that seem to pick everything from the market. And then there are the russian/arab billionare plastics that mop up whoever they can by throwing ridiculous wages and fees around. It's a tough competition and I'm realistic.
We could never compete with Real Madrid and Barcelona for the best continental players. With or without Fergie, that's just the reality. It didn't stop us from winning a lot of stuff - but it's going to be hard, if Germany and Spain keep producing brilliant talent at the rate they've been doing recently while Britain is falling behind more and more.
I don't see him going to Russia and Real and Barca are pretty stocked in that position. I'm not saying we would be favourites but I don't see how we are just completely ruled out at this juncture.

jem

The only thing i can see holding us back is money (otherwise how do you explain City getting the likes of Aguero and Silva.) Apparently money isnt an issue these days, so we should therefore be ambitious.

Tibs

May as well lock this thread now to avoid future heartbreak.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Gundogan said:
"Manchester United would obviously be a dream club."
I wouldn't rule this one out yet. Naturally his opinion will have changed a bit since then as he's went on to be a star for a CL finalist and will likely have every top club in Europe looking at him, but there could be something to this. Not sure he'll end up a better player than Thiago or Fábregas but I think he'd be better suited to us.

Mainoldo

If we are truly interested he will be easier to get than Fabregas. I would assume they would sell around the £30m mark even though that is a bit pricey for him.

Siorac

I wouldn't rule this one out yet. Naturally his opinion will have changed a bit since then as he's went on to be a star for a CL finalist and will likely have every top club in Europe looking at him, but there could be something to this. Not sure he'll end up a better player than Thiago or Fábregas but I think he'd be better suited to us.
Understatement of the century. He'd be absolutely perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.