Gaming 1836 - The Europa Universalis 4 Experiment (Hands-off) - Map & stats in second post - Final Map and Stats update - Timelapse video

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Question for those that have played it, are alliances usually broken up at some point? Or is it usually that once an alliance is formed they stick together till the end?
Why do you want to spoil the game for the rest of us ffs?

nimic

something nice
Scout
@Crackers strikes back. He's allied the heathen @Shakesey (and also tiny Aragon and Navarra for some reason). Those striped provinces you'll be able to see sometimes from now in means that the country I've got selected (in this case in green) has claimed that province, meaning they can start a war over it.

Crackers

greasy ginfers
@Crackers strikes back. He's allied the heathen @Shakesey (and also tiny Aragon and Navarra for some reason) (Those striped provinces you'll be able to see sometimes from now in means that the country I've got selected (in this case in green) has claimed that province, meaning they can start a war over it.

Oh christ Tarcus you're either brave or stupid

nimic

something nice
Scout
We have our first player-involved war! @Walrus has invaded and is currently sieging the small country or Karaman. You can see that they have actually occupied one of his provinces (striped in their colours), but as soon as Walrus has finished taking their capital he will mop up the rest if he needs to.

I actually expected a lot more player on player wars, but you guys have balanced each other perfectly so far. Like some kind of 33-man Cold War.

The war is officially called the Walrus Conquest of Konya, which is a pretty cool name for a war.

nimic

something nice
Scout
@nimic out of interest, who's gotten the furthest west or east so far?
Nobody has gotten anywhere yet, and I wouldn't expect that for a while. We're still only a few years in. If you were actually Portugal you could be getting somewhere, but we're still at least 50 years away from anyone really exploring anything. Could be a lot longer too.

nimic

something nice
Scout
Also to be fair I've barely run the game a few years yet. The start was mostly just paused, trying to capture some of your alliances. Now I'm running it, but it'll still take a while. Also you guys are surprisingly slow to attack each other, but it will kick off sooner or later.

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting
@Crackers strikes back. He's allied the heathen @Shakesey (and also tiny Aragon and Navarra for some reason). Those striped provinces you'll be able to see sometimes from now in means that the country I've got selected (in this case in green) has claimed that province, meaning they can start a war over it.

The enemy of my enemy is my friend!

Let's get em @Crackers!

nimic

something nice
Scout
@Welsh Wonder trying to show his ally @KirkDuyt how to deal with rebels.

Also it does seem like both KirkDuyt and Welsh Wonder have lost their monarchs (possibly in battle against their respective rebels). KirkDuyt is now ruled by Queen Trude, Welsh Wonder by King Gawain. They both seem to have two regnal numbers, which probably means I fecked up the naming somehow.

nimic

something nice
Scout
@Eboue has decided he has had enough of the French, invading the small part of it that wasn't taken to make mostly him and RedSky. @Welsh Wonder has joined the war (while fighting rebels at home, a really bold move which might just pay off). The dark green means a war ally, so RedSky in blue down there is just an ally, not in the war.

nimic

something nice
Scout
BTW everyone should be warned that I might send a lot of alerts your way if things keep happening to you. If that annoys you, I think you can turn them off? If it really bothers you you can ask me to stop tagging you :lol:

nimic

something nice
Scout
A lot has happened here it seems. @Salt Bailly vassalized the small country of Ryazan, and then the Great Horde declade war on them. @Tiber jumped in to defend Salt Bailly, but it seems like in this picture Salt Bailly (with Badonkadonk in charge) just lost a battle, scattering some armies. Reinforcements are coming from the north. Also at the bottom you can clearly see Tiber not giving a feck about all of that and just calmly sieging some provinces.