Gaming 1836 - The Europa Universalis 4 Experiment (Hands-off) - Map & stats in second post - Final Map and Stats update - Timelapse video

NotThatSoph

Man! I have no idea why
When you create an imgur file, instead of copying the url (imgur. com/etc), right click and choose "copy image address" (i.imgur. com/etc).

@Solius What works for me when those links won't load is to click on it so you enter the imgur site, then click on the url to highlight it, and reload the page by pressing enter. Just reloading by f5 or clicking the symbol thing won't do anything. I don't know why or if it's a universal fix.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
@hobbers . Your position is :drool: . All that trade money going through your hands. At the end of the game you will have enough to buy United.

AnotherLondonManc

I'll be indulging in vats of tapas when I get my hands on Ibiza. @Solius you're welcome to join from the other side and scissor the shit out of it, then join me for the tapas vats.
Nonsense. @Solius, I support your mission to unify the Iberian Peninsular. Leave those 'noisy neighbour' Romans to me. I basically have them surrounded by default.

Enjoy the freedom to expand west and conquer the Americas. You can leave your lands unguarded in the knowledge that I'll never ever stab you in the back. Like, ever. Promise :keano:

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting
When you create an imgur file, instead of copying the url (imgur. com/etc), right click and choose "copy image address" (i.imgur. com/etc).

@Solius What works for me when those links won't load is to click on it so you enter the imgur site, then click on the url to highlight it, and reload the page by pressing enter. Just reloading by f5 or clicking the symbol thing won't do anything. I don't know why or if it's a universal fix.
Finally I understand. Thanks!

nimic

something nice
Scout
I added a table on page 1, and I learned two things. First of all, tables are stupidly fiddly on this forum, and prone to breaking. Secondly, there's no way I'm going to update it too often. The Monarch part might just be left out entirely. In any case I'm not going to add anything to it yet, because it's nothing special (except @KirkDuyt who has 34 prestige for some reason, second highest in the world).

If I find that too fiddly, I might just replace it entirely with like a top 10 thing of various information (like the information I listed there).

nimic

something nice
Scout
Two things are happening here. Firstly @KirkDuyt seems to have wisely allied @adexkola. Secondly @KirkDuyt seems to have already attracted a rebellion. If he loses he'll still be around, but he'll be ruled by this Bartolomeus Wisch fellow instead of Dutch Jesus. Of course he could just combine his armies and I am pretty sure 16 is bigger than 15, but let's see if his "let this happen" strategy pays off.

hobbers

What good are fecking missionaries when the Christians and the Muslims are allying together against Constantinople :lol:

nimic

something nice
Scout
Just to explain some game mechanics here: alliances are not multilateral, only one to one. So Hobbers can be allied to Tiber, but he won't be allied to Denis79 just because Tiber is. The AI is more likely to form those relationships though, since they want to ally whomever their ally likes too. As the saying goes, the friend of my friend is my friend.

nimic

something nice
Scout
Also I have to apologize in advance, there's 33 of you so I'm not going to be able to update everyone all the time. If I'm not mentioning you, there's probably nothing very wrong (and maybe not something very right either). Alternatively, I might just miss it. Sorry!

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Ffs! So whole Balkans are in alliance. Shit. I hope AI is smart enough to take Hungary by marriage.
Royal marriage; strongest weapon in EU4.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Question for those that have played it, are alliances usually broken up at some point? Or is it usually that once an alliance is formed they stick together till the end?

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Question for those that have played it, are alliances usually broken up at some point? Or is it usually that once an alliance is formed they stick together till the end?
Of course thry are broken. In many ways

nimic

something nice
Scout
They can stick around for a long time, as long as they're mutually beneficial. If you're close it's likely at some point you'll want each other's provinces.