2015 Toyota AFL Premiership Season

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Give Hawthorn the premiership now. Jason Dunstall though will find a way to downplay their chances.

ZDwyr

Impressive win. We all know that premierships aren't won in July though. Just have to keep the momentum rolling and beat Carlton now. West Coast look very good, they worry me.

ZDwyr

They have a real ability to score like we do. Hawthorn usually are pretty capable of blowing away the defensive teams (Freo or Sydney) but when teams attack them (like Port or Richmond do) then it gets a bit tricky. McGovern injured his hamstring yesterday though, so without him maybe their defence will be unable to cope.

Archie Leach

Gooner
Supports
Arsenal
Eagles have only played Freo from the top four and they lost but at the same time they've been putting everyone in front of them to the sword. I've always thought Kennedy was a flat track bully so it'll be interesting to see in the coming weeks what they're made of. I'm nervous about facing them in a qualifying final, especially in the west.

ZDwyr

Yeah their fixture makes it hard to fully judge them. We'll know more in the next few weeks. Alex Woodward gone down again with a suspected ACL in the VFL. Would be rotten luck.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Brendan Rodgers was seen at the Showdown, wonder what he'd make of AFL. As for the Lions, four goals in a match is simply not good enough.

ZDwyr

Cracking Showdown. Great way to pay respect to Phil Walsh.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Hawks - just wow.

The showdown game as an absolute beauty too, what a game for the neutrals and for Liverpool to have witnessed. I would love to hear what Rodgers and co thought of the game/atmosphere.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Brendan Rodgers was seen at the Showdown, wonder what he'd make of AFL. As for the Lions, four goals in a match is simply not good enough.
Rodgers was in the box during the match. Henderson was interviewed and I also saw Rodgers on the ground pre-game with Hinkley having a chat and soaking up the atmosphere.

They picked a great game to watch, it was one of the best of this season to date no doubt.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Round 17

Carlton vs. Hawthorn
GWS GIANTS
vs. Geelong Cats
Adelaide Crows vs. Gold Coast SUNS
Richmond vs. Fremantle
Essendon vs. Port Adelaide
Brisbane Lions vs. North Melbourne
Western Bulldogs
vs. Collingwood
Melbourne vs. St Kilda
West Coast Eagles
vs. Sydney Swans

Archie Leach

Gooner
Supports
Arsenal
Carlton vs. Hawthorn
GWS GIANTS vs. Geelong Cats
Richmond vs. Fremantle
Western Bulldogs
vs. Collingwood
Melbourne vs. St Kilda
West Coast Eagles
vs. Sydney Swans

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Am i the only person finding the timing suspicious? A negative article on free agency coming from Adelaide's football director when in the midst of stories Dangerfield might join Geelong as a free agent.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Carlton vs. Hawthorn
GWS GIANTS vs. Geelong Cats
Richmond vs. Fremantle
Western Bulldogs
vs. Collingwood
Melbourne vs. St. Kilda
West Coast Eagles
vs. Sydney Swans

There are a few tricky games this week - Richmond v Fremantle and WCE v Sydney are huge games in the context of their seasons. No idea between GWS and Geelong too.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
He's worried that Adelaide won't receive fair compensation for a player of Dangerfield's calibre - which is true, they won't.

Hawthorn were totally and utterly stitched up with the compensation for once-in-a-lifetime player in Franklin. Melbourne got more for Tom farqing Scully for crying out loud!

Having said that - I think this will be the first time ever that the current club will match the offer. It will be really interesting to see what happens if/when Adelaide does.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Am i the only person finding the timing suspicious? A negative article on free agency coming from Adelaide's football director when in the midst of stories Dangerfield might join Geelong as a free agent.
Of course, but I guess it's more than topical in Adelaide at the moment. And after they've lost a string of fantastic players over the last several years they're up in arms. I think they will match the Dangerfield offer though.