2015 Toyota AFL Premiership Season

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
I'm fairly happy with Buckley having never won flag as a player :lol:. If Gary Ablett Snr joined Hawthorn at the end of 88, the 89 Grand Final wouldn't have been the epic game it was. There's a thought.
:lol: True about Buckley.

Ablett Snr was actually at Hawthorn prior to joining Geelong. He moved out to the country in between playing for both clubs, though I can't remember why.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona

Ablett Snr was actually at Hawthorn prior to joining Geelong. He moved out to the country in between playing for both clubs, though I can't remember why.
Malcolm Blight had to talk Ablett Snr into staying with footy at the start if 89. He wasn't going to training among other things. If Hawthorn win three in a row this year, who will they beat?

Cooksen

The Millennium Falcao

He hated living in Melbourne and preferred the country.

He was from Drouin and my dad an uncles played against him (all 3 of them rate Jr higher for some reason.)

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Malcolm Blight had to talk Ablett Snr into staying with footy at the start if 89. He wasn't going to training among other things. If Hawthorn win three in a row this year, who will they beat?
It seems he had motivation issues, which is strange for someone so god damn gifted.

I reckon it will be between Sydney again or Port Adelaide. I just can't see Fremantle or Geelong pushing deep into finals again.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
It seems he had motivation issues, which is strange for someone so god damn gifted.

I reckon it will be between Sydney again or Port Adelaide. I just can't see Fremantle or Geelong pushing deep into finals again.
Freo can't kick enough goals which will be a big problem. Geelong are hard to read. They've been written off before and still been there or thereabouts last seasons straight sets exit aside. Port were only a kick away from last years grand final and you'd back them to kick on.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Port need to sort out their finances. They somehow made a considerable loss last season. They're been screwed on income from tickets.
I thought Koshie had steadied the ship?

Meanwhile we will take Gray, Boak and Wingard please.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Afl 360 featuring footys odd couple is back tonight, so too one the coach and open mike.

Cooksen

The Millennium Falcao
Speaking of Robbo he made a top 50 list and I am 99.99% sure that he was shit faced when he did it.

Cooksen

The Millennium Falcao
And 2 collingwood players have been busted for peds.

However St Kilda has not fecked up this off season so theres that.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Jonathan Brown on Open Mike tonight. Half of it will be devoted to three premierships and his concussions.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Speaking of Robbo he made a top 50 list and I am 99.99% sure that he was shit faced when he did it.
He's shit faced all the time, so that would not be surprising.

I really don't know how someone like him somehow lucked his way into being the chief Football writer for the Sun. Seriously, he can't string a sentence together without mumbling, bumbling, slurring, rambling and just generally coming across as a complete moron. He must have a few ghost writing spell checking and re-phrasing everything he types, because there's no way known he could write a legible paragraph without assistance.

But he is the typical blokey bloke that loves his beer, moite... Appealing to the masses I guess.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
So has anyone made a Supercoach side?

I've entered a normal Supercoach League and also the Supercoach Draft League. This is the one where no team can double-up on players (ie when Ablett Jnr is picked no one else can take him) and you pick in a strict draft order - I had pick 6 out of 10, and how it works is that once it gets to the 10th pick, that person will have the 11th pick and the order goes in reverse. So whoever has the first and last pick will end up having two picks in a row, but will have to wait for 18 picks in between their selections.

Here's my side:

I was doing it on my phone, and we gave ourselves 2 minutes for each selection. Naturally everyone's internet/the app was struggling so I accidentally chose Boyd when I was trying to click on A. Miles. I got Montagna and Gibson when my choices defaulted and I ran out of time to select because the app kept farqing up, though they aren't too bad to be fair.

ZDwyr

Nathan Buckley on AFL360 tonight too, he could not have picked a better night.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Nathan Buckley on AFL360 tonight too, he could not have picked a better night.
:lol:

Let's see if someone can get any sign of life from him. Seriously though, he will wheel out the party line and say it's being dealt with internally, etc.

Cooksen

The Millennium Falcao
So has anyone made a Supercoach side?

I've entered a normal Supercoach League and also the Supercoach Draft League. This is the one where no team can double-up on players (ie when Ablett Jnr is picked no one else can take him) and you pick in a strict draft order - I had pick 6 out of 10, and how it works is that once it gets to the 10th pick, that person will have the 11th pick and the order goes in reverse. So whoever has the first and last pick will end up having two picks in a row, but will have to wait for 18 picks in between their selections.

Here's my side:

I was doing it on my phone, and we gave ourselves 2 minutes for each selection. Naturally everyone's internet/the app was struggling so I accidentally chose Boyd when I was trying to click on A. Miles. I got Montagna and Gibson when my choices defaulted and I ran out of time to select because the app kept farqing up, though they aren't too bad to be fair.

Here is my team the cooksen crusaders.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
I'm not completely up to speed on the drugs saga at Essendon, but an interesting subplot is what might happen to Jobe Watson's Brownlow medal in the event of a guilty verdict?

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
I'm not completely up to speed on the drugs saga at Essendon, but an interesting subplot is what might happen to Jobe Watson's Brownlow medal in the event of a guilty verdict?
Sam Mitchell (and Cotchin I think?) could be awarded it retrospectively, however I remember Mitchell saying that he wouldn't accept a Brownlow in such circumstances a little while ago now.

He's a better player than Watson anyway, and as a good Hawthorn man I would love to see Mitchell win one - even in these circumstances.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal

Here is my team the cooksen crusaders.
Good team with your Midfield being particularly strong.

You're a Saints man I take it? Do you reckon Membrey will get solid game-time this season?

Here's my new incarnation of my side, which will probably change at least another dozen times today:

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
34 past and present Essendon players found not guilty of taking banned substances. ASADA &WADA has 21days to appeal the decision.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
The whole thing is an absolute circus.

No evidence, however they were injected numerous times weekly for a season. FFS and poor blokes like Saad, who bought an over-the-counter drink, gets done for 18 months (or two years?) for accidentally buying the wrong thing.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
The lovely Megan Barnard on fox sports news said ASADA will reportedly hold a press conference 10am EDT tomorrow regarding whether or not they'll appeal the verdict.

Cooksen

The Millennium Falcao
2 more players will be done for drugs soon. That rumor is going around.

I think i know who one is.