2015 Toyota AFL Premiership Season

ZDwyr

Tom Bell and Tom Hickey.

Another link is that most of the stuff is coming from queensland.
Was emphatically shot down by all the clubs though so maybe there was nothing to the story.

Flying Fox

@Flying Fox How do you think the Crows will go under Phil Walsh?
Better, I hope. I'll put my hand up and say I haven't watched much of our pre-season as I've been busy, but the general consensus is that the gameplan is a heck of a lot better than under Sando, with less reliance on handballs and greater overall intensity. Tex Walker at captain is a great choice.

Speaking of Sando, anyone see this effort in News Limited? It's a credit to him not using the Trigg/Tippettgate saga as a cop out. His tactics towards the end of last season were fecking stupid sometimes, but looking back on it, he had an absolute horror run of circumstances around him.

Cooksen

The Millennium Falcao
Better, I hope. I'll put my hand up and say I haven't watched much of our pre-season as I've been busy, but the general consensus is that the gameplan is a heck of a lot better than under Sando, with less reliance on handballs and greater overall intensity. Tex Walker at captain is a great choice.

Speaking of Sando, anyone see this effort in News Limited? It's a credit to him not using the Trigg/Tippettgate saga as a cop out. His tactics towards the end of last season were fecking stupid sometimes, but looking back on it, he had an absolute horror run of circumstances around him.
Are you worried that Sloane and Dangerfield might leave?

ZDwyr

I think Dangerfield will go to be honest. Think Sloane will stay though, which is big for Adelaide because I think he is a brilliant player. If Adelaide got Aish then I wouldn't be too fussed about losing Danger if I was them. For me Dangerfield is so overrated it isn't funny.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal

Considering the players that Adelaide have lost over the last few seasons he would have had a great case.

- Nathan Bock (since retired) - gun CHB and arguably the best in the game at that point in time
- Kurt Tippet - big KPP who can also trundle around in the ruck
- Jack Gunston - best third-tall in the comp? Either way he's a quality young player who is on his way to becoming an elite forward
- Phil Davis - gun CHB who could potentially become the best in the comp within the next few seasons

Put the last three back in the Adelaide line-up and they are looking golden.

Anyway back to Sando - I heard he was doing some dirty work, sleeping with a board member's partner or something like that.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
I think Dangerfield will go to be honest. Think Sloane will stay though, which is big for Adelaide because I think he is a brilliant player. If Adelaide got Aish then I wouldn't be too fussed about losing Danger if I was them. For me Dangerfield is so overrated it isn't funny.
Dangerfield to Geelong looks certain (although I hope we can jump in somehow) to happen.

Flying Fox

Are you worried that Sloane and Dangerfield might leave?
Sloane is far more likely to stay atm. Is making all the right noises to indicate he'd be staying

ZDwyr

Will be interesting to see if Collingwood make a play for Dangerfield. With Beams gone and them cutting a few other senior players the last few seasons they might have some cap space.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Dangerfield will be 26 next year i think. The prime of his career and he'll want to spend it at a club he thinks can win a flag. I don't think Collingwood can offer that. Geelong i think would be favourites.

ZDwyr

Dangerfield will be 26 next year i think. The prime of his career and he'll want to spend it at a club he thinks can win a flag. I don't think Collingwood can offer that. Geelong i think would be favourites.
I agree, Geelong definite favourites. I just think Collingwood will certainly have a look and see if they can get him.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
In media news, Nick Maxwell has joined Channel 7 and will be the boundary rider on their Sunday afternoon coverage working with Bruce McAvaney and Leigh Matthews on Sunday when the Crows host North Melbourne. Got a hunch Carlton will improve this season. Think they can sneak into the 8.

Cooksen

The Millennium Falcao
Maxwell was decent on 7 before hand so it could be good.

However Brian Taylor, Dickhead Darcy, Hamish and Basil can all feckoff.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona

Imagine if 7 keep the rights for 2017-2021. Dennis will be retiring at the end of next season, Bruce is getting on too.That leaves BT, Hamish and Basil left - it'll be pretty shit.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
It will indeed.

Hopefully 9 or 10 can get some games.
Can't see 9 bidding - they seem to only care about the NRL. 10 have the rights to Wallabies internationals on Saturday evenings plus the motor racing so it might be tricky. The Lions game is on 7 on Saturday night. feel they have a chance against Collingwood.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal

I agree wholeheartedly. Maxwell is great, but the others need to be put down.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Will be interesting to see if Collingwood make a play for Dangerfield. With Beams gone and them cutting a few other senior players the last few seasons they might have some cap space.
They should be if they have the cap room, they'd be mad not to. Swan has two top season's left (unless he continues to regress like last season), and they have a huge Beams-sized gap in their squad which can easily be filled by Dangerfield.

Any team would be after him really.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Tips for the weekend... There are some damn tough games to call, especially considering it's the first round.

Richmond v Carlton
Melb v Gold Coast
Sydney
v Essendon
Brisbane v Collingwood
Western Bulldogs v West Coast Eagles
St Kilda v Greater Western Sydney
Adelaide
v North Melbourne
Fremantle v Port Adelaide
Hawthorn v Geelong

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Carlton V Richmond
Gold Coast V Melbourne
Sydney V Essendon
Brisbane V Collingwood
Eagles V Dogs
GWS V St Kilda
Crows V the Kangaroos
Power V Fremantle
Hawks V Geelong.

Winners on the left and in bold.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Tigers are in front 7.10 52 to Carlton 6.9 45 at half time. Both sides have been inaccurate so far.

ZDwyr

Both teams look pretty average. Little runs of momentum but nothing too impressive. Some of the kicking/decision making has been poor. Maybe I am just spoiled as a Hawks supporter though.

Cooksen

The Millennium Falcao
Both teams look pretty average. Little runs of momentum but nothing too impressive. Some of the kicking/decision making has been poor. Maybe I am just spoiled as a Hawks supporter though.
Nah i think it has been poor too.

Outside of the top 5 teams most kick very badly.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Richmond easy winners by 27 points after a poor first quarter and a half.

ZDwyr

Demons top of the ladder. Just give them the premiership now then.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Can't help but be happy for them. Would be nice to see them have a good season nowhere near the spoon.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
They actually came from 40 points down to win by two goals. 10.12 72 to 8.12 60.
Crazy that Essendon let them back in there, especially in those conditions too. They really should have shut that game down and held out.

I was thinking Sydney were mentally destroyed by Hawthorn last season during this match, but fair farqs they did very well to come back that hard.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Crazy that Essendon let them back in there, especially in those conditions too. They really should have shut that game down and held out.

I was thinking Sydney were mentally destroyed by Hawthorn last season during this match, but fair farqs they did very well to come back that hard.
I put it down to fatigue from Essendon. Buddy and Kurt Tippett really came good in the last term. Collingwood's pressure too much for the Lions so far.

ZDwyr

Playing the giants today, i hope we can ambush them and win
I tipped the Giants but wouldn't mind a Saints win. Eli Templeton is the grandson of my nan's longtime partner. Hope he goes well.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Tipped the giants to win, but I've had a stinker when it comes to tips this weekend.