2016 US Presidential Elections | Trump Wins

Status
Not open for further replies.

prateik

Pence would have been nervous when Trump went up to all the ladies from the Pence family..

This has happened.

Spark

From Obama to Trump.

I hope Obama makes a political comeback in the senate (if that's even allowed)

Penna

Kind Moderator (with a bit of a mean streak)
Staff
Hilary has been working towards this moment for two decades. She lost out in a previous primary race when she was a comfortable favorite, she almost lost this primary process, but got through it and all the numbers were pointing to a comfortable victory. Obama's approval rating has been soaring and she must have been so convinced she was winning. She won the debates comfortably, her campaign was extremely well run and her entire party supported her, yet she lost out to a lunatic reality tv star who headed a divided party and whose campaign seemed to be in ruins at times

She probably already planned out the first year of her presidency.

But now comes that moment when you realize that people just don't like you and politics on a national scale isn't really your thing
The "people just don't like you" part is the key. They don't like Bill, either. People have long memories. To think that people have preferred Trump says a lot about how much they dislike her.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
Not surprising considering Bill Clinton's crime bill and welfare bill with minority's being jailed at a larger rate than ever and unemployment and poverty in black community's sky rocketing.
Not true at all and Trump still had a really low percent of the black vote even though it was higher than expected.

decorativeed

Jesus. What a depressing place the world has become in the last couple of years. How can this many people be so stupid?

JamesB__

Supports
Stoke City
Good. I big feck you to career politicians. I hope he can shakes things up. He is a lot smarter than he comes across.
A man who doesn't believe in climate change isn't smart.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
And I thought our Brexit result was fecked :houllier:

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
She will be remembered as one of the most spectacular failures in the history of the democratic party. McGovern could have won this election.

Don't think anyone has managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory in quite so spectacular fashion.

Can't argue with that.

bazalini

The Baz Man - He made us laugh 2000 - 2012
Just woke up to this nightmare.

Sure Clinton was 98% sure of winning at one stage during the Florida count

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I think Trump will go back to being the normal pre-election Trump now.
The Trump who only did all the pussy-grabbing/not paying his taxes stuff? About as good as we can hope for I guess.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
He's giving the speech that Sanders would have given. This is making me so angry right now. The Democrats can go feck themselves, they asked for this after the shenanigans in the primaries.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
He's giving the speech that Sanders would have given. This is making me so angry right now. The Democrats can go feck themselves, they asked for this after the shenanigans in the primaries.
Debbie Wasserman Schulz, John Podesta, Anthony Weiner.

MoBeats

Conspiracy Buff
They had a guy who would've destroyed trump and brought about real change but the stupid bastards went for 4 more years of lining their own pockets and cheated Sanders out of it. This is their own fault, no way could Clinton be allowed to run the country.
Now the country has to deal with the consequences.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
She will be remembered as one of the most spectacular failures in the history of the democratic party. McGovern could have won this election.

Don't think anyone has managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory in quite so spectacular fashion.
Absolutely. This will mark the end of Democrats long love affair with the Clintons. Won't be surprised if Bill too is now not as revered as before. A lot of heads need to roll in democratic establishment.

Wonder what status Obama will enjoy after his retirement since it is clear that he can't help others to win.

prateik

My parents who are looking down at me right now.... *nods head* great people :lol:

Dante

Average bang
I knew the polls would be wrong about Trump.

It'll be four bad years, but America will come out chastened on the other side. This will be good for the US in the long run.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
By making one of the monied elite an elected leader?
I know it sounds silly. I don't mean Trump by the way, I'm thinking of what will (hopefully) come after. I think after this result prospective leaders cannot go into elections to political office with the levels of contempt for their voters that the likes of Hillary Clinton clearly had. That is an undoubted positive from this result for me.

I understand many people, including some in this thread, are worried that after four years of Trump and a republican House and Senate (not to mention the power of the Supreme Court), there won't be enough of the world and the US left to save and that the harm done to people's lives in that time will not be worth any eventual positives we can conceive at this stage.

I don't have kids and am not in the US, and maybe I'd feel differently if I did and/or were, but I think there's an opportunity to come out of this mess with some real positive changes for the future.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Wonder what status Obama will enjoy after his retirement since it is clear that he can't help others to win.
I don't know if that is clear. This would have been a bigger landslide without him, i think. I could see him become a rallying point.

Though i think a more likely outcome is that the dems will have to hand the reigns to Warren and Sanders from here.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
A landmark moment in human stupidity. Makes the rest of us feel grateful for what we have (or what we don't).

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
"This political stuff is tough"

Inspiring words right there. I think he might have quoted Lincoln with those words...........

Skåre Willoch

I knew the polls would be wrong about Trump.

It'll be four bad years, but America will come out chastened on the other side. This will be good for the US in the long run.
I hope you're right. Maybe this will be a wake up call, for both the american people and the politicians.

Status
Not open for further replies.