2017 Pre Season | Real Madrid vs Manchester United

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Awful game, I promised my girlfriend I'd skip the game vs Barcelona so I could watch this one!

I sure hope Herrera is ok though.
Wow, you are under the thumb. I wouldn't broadcast that mate tbh

frank lee madeer..

It's another game under their belts, so that's a plus, but we are still too negative when we take the lead, & given its only a warm up, that's a bit concerning. Also, our midfield play is still a bit ponderous and low risk.

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
One of Dier/Matic (preferably Matic out of those two, preferably Fabinho above both), Perisic and a full back. We need all three really, but certainly need cover in the centre and a starter up front.

Utdstar01

Jose didn't seem very happy that the players seemingly didn't give a shit in the 2nd half.

Zexstream

Anti-anti-racist
Game of two halves for me, we were half decent in the first half and then for some reason we went crap against the Real Madrid Youth team.

I half wonder if this was a plan for Jose, he told the team to go out and just get some fitness in, dont worry about the result because come the Super Cup he wants the team to play to different tactics and perform to beat them to the cup.

efraim

Can't be accused of being a gloryhunter
Wow, you are under the thumb. I wouldn't broadcast that mate tbh
I've been working all summer and now I finally have time off, and I kinda promised her all the romantic stuff and more attention. Thankfully it's just friendlies, but she doesn't need to know that.

Utdstar01

I've been working all summer and now I finally have time off, and I kinda promised her all the romantic stuff and more attention. Thankfully it's just friendlies, but she doesn't need to know that.
She sounds needy as feck. I hope she gives you as good as you give for your sake anyway.

Castia

The problem is it's almost the same squad. Zlatan out for Lukaku and a defender who looks like he will need time to settle is adding nothing to the squad.

We need 3 players. A LB, midfielder and winger this shit should have been sorted by now.

AXVnee7

Even the likes of Bale and Benzema didn't do anything. Bale was even worse than lingard tbf. TFM contained him very well.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
How the bugger Mourinho got two trophies out of this bunch I'll never know. Jose and the pussycats.

Robertd0803

That may have been one of the worst penalty shootouts Ive ever seen. Lindleofs penalty-jesus :eek:

Theo Hernandez looks quite handy doesnt he? Id almost forgotten Kovacic existed.

Poor second half from us, the midfield seemed all over the place with Pogba trying to do everything and not having a very good game. Luckily only a friendly.

On the positive side Pereiras energy was great to see.

The_Order

Probably not a good idea to play City, Barca, and RM (twice) in pre-season - they'll be knackered come start of the season.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Oh yes. High school football in Texas (anywhere in the Southeast really) is huge.

I've played and coached in front of 10,000 in South Carolina.

It's a way to measure how hot it "feels" outside. It takes into account temperature + humidity
Wow. Kudos!!

What is more intense? Being player or manager in front of such a crowd? can you hear crowd or do you soon zone out?

Never come close to such an experience! I've done conference presentation to 2000 people but 10000 is another level!

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Didn't see the game, what was the nature of Herrera's injury?

Carolina Red

Staff
Wow. Kudos!!

What is more intense? Being player or manager in front of such a crowd? can you hear crowd or do you soon zone out?

Never come close to such an experience! I've done conference presentation to 2000 people but 10000 is another level!
Playing is definitely more intense. Football is an emotional game and I was an emotional player. You've gotta dial it back a bit as a coach.

I've never paid much attention to the crowd once the game has started, except to say that no matter the crowd size, I could always hear 1 person in the stands... my dad. Everyone else was just white noise, but I could hear exactly what he'd say lol

Klopp_De_Klown

what a load of crap that was... But a win is a win and despite being out worked by a bunch of kids, which to be fair was predictable as they would get more naturally fit and sharp faster than lads a little older. It was a wee bit the reverse in the first half when our pace caugh them a little rusty, it was a good work out and should have us not too cocky thinking we are world beaters just yet.

Might focus Woody too

Theafonis

In love with @Eboue
Supports
Chelsea
I was at the game.

It was pretty hot, the sun was right above Levi stadium. Wasn't really surprising that the players didn't want to exert themselves. It was a dead match all around, but s decent experience for 110 bucks

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
I was at the game.

It was pretty hot, the sun was right above Levi stadium. Wasn't really surprising that the players didn't want to exert themselves. It was a dead match all around, but s decent experience for 110 bucks
I feel really lucky now that I was able to witness the Real - United game in Ann Arbor a few years back for a whooping 20 bucks.

Loublaze

ATLien
I was at the game.

I paid 140 :(. Dont regret it though.

Canuckred64

Burley complains about everything. It's his trademark
Was that Burley? Thought the commentary was horendus. He spent the second half talking about how great the Real kids where and how crap United's more experience players where. Also on about the crowd being pro Real and the The United fans being out sung. Where as the crowd scenes looked like it was majority United fans to me.

Theafonis

In love with @Eboue
Supports
Chelsea
I feel really lucky now that I was able to witness the Real - United game in Ann Arbor a few years back for a whooping 20 bucks.
Jeez lucky you. I bought my ticket last minute as I was in the Bay Area for the weekend. I think the cheapest was around 50 bucks and those were nosebleed seats

Theafonis

In love with @Eboue
Supports
Chelsea
I paid 140 :(. Dont regret it though.
I'm sure you had good seats though. I was hoping for more of a spectacle but the afternoon sun was beating down hard.

The chelsea match in Minneapolis was a much better experience last summer. Despite it being in summer, that new stadium has a roof and is air conditioned.

Wow, didn't the game change when Real Madrid introduced their youth team. They were all over us like a pack of pit bulls. They didn't give us an inch in possession, and for long periods we couldn't even get it off them. They had 5 missing from Spain's under 21 team too apparently. These guys will dominate for another decade. I shudder to think how many CLs they have to their name by then.
Our lack of mobility and agility in midfield was exposed against good opposition, once again. Our pedestrian midfield was nowhere in the 2nd half. And we're going to bring Matic in as well! Lol.
I wish we concentrated on bringing in quality young players like Real Madrid. Filling in the gaps with 28 years old journeyman will only put us further behind.