2020 Champions League Final - Bayern Munich vs PSG (free on BT/YoutubeUK) - LIVE - Bayern 1-0 PSG as predicted by voters (79.4%)

Who will win

• Prefer Bayern but think PSG will win

Votes: 84 12.6%
  • Prefer Bayern and think they will win

Votes: 461 69.2%
  • Prefer PSG but think Bayern will win

Votes: 83 12.5%
  • Prefer PSG and think they will win

Votes: 38 5.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Josep Dowling

And we really need to think about making a bid for Alaba .. it’s like we are buying 3 players we really need player who plays is different positions

Bayren aren’t ready to match his requirements which is really high ... he’s asking 400k a week yes that’s too much but whether we like it or not we really need this kind of players ... and I think he’s professional so he will give 100% even if he’s coming for money
Great player but a defender can never earn £400k. If he earns that how much is a 30 goal a season striker going to want from us? It’s a spiral effect and we need to learn our lesson from Sanchez.

Rasendori

Man Of Culture
Here's my bets. Hoping for a big Bayern win with PSG scoring the final goal.

Ticket#GameDateDate PlacedSportDescriptionRisk/Win
19598649Aug 23 03:00 PMAug 22 08:22 PMMUSTRAIGHT BET[11697] BAYERN MUNICH -165
(BAYERN MUNICH vrs PSG) (TO LIFT THE TROPHY)
495 / 300
19613479Aug 23 03:00 PMAug 23 08:48 AMSOCSTRAIGHT BET[224301] BAYERN MUNICH -105300 / 286
19613499Aug 23 03:00 PMAug 23 08:50 AMMUSTRAIGHT BETLAST GOAL
[224815] PARIS SAINT GERMAIN SCORE LAST +105
(PARIS SAINT GERMAIN SCORE LAST vrs BAYERN MUNICH SCOR (LAST GOAL PARIS SAINT GERMAIN VS BAYERN MUNICH - N)
105 / 110
19613515Aug 23 03:00 PMAug 23 08:52 AMMUSTRAIGHT BETUEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE - TEAM TOTALS
[461511] TOTAL o2-112
(BAYERN MUNICH TOT GOALS vrs BAYERN MUNICH TOT GOALS) (TEAM TOTALS - BAYERN MUNICH VS PARIS SAINT GERMAIN)
112 / 100
Pending Bets: 4Total Amount: 1012 / 796
90 minutes. 9/4.

Was gonna do lift the trophy but the odds were only evens and I'm greedy!
Yeah I agree, I think PSG have a decent chance tonight tbf.
I just won £205 with £5 stake.
Build own odds = Muller and Silva to be carded in 90 mins, Neymar at least one shot on target 40/1

strongwalker

Supports
FC Bayern München
Congratulations to Bayern.
Kimmich, what a player, I did not follow him much but he is really good.
I don't like him too much but Thiago played a good final.
PSG need top midfielders, they can't depend so much on Verratti.
Kimmich is going to be captain of both FCB and the DFB team soon. I follow this for some time, and this guy has "natural leader" tatooed on his forehead like no one before.

Mercurial

There's something wrong with PSG youth but it's not them not being given a fair chance, I'd say it's mostly greedy parasitic agents being allowed to engineer moves away from Paris for profit.
All PSG youngsters have been given a fair amount of playtime if they were any good, often from a very young age. Our image may still suffer from the previous ownerships were the academy was indeed not valued at all.
They invest more in the academy, this is true. But evidently in the Coman case and others of less note like him they are offered a big pay-day by PSG and get to play the most dud bottom matches, or safe subs in League 1 and basically asked to sell out or stall their developmental years together with hopes of joining a successful NT under fiercest competition. They know that they won't be the standard bearers for their club, the demand for the talented youth is huge around EU and specially with resurgence of Serie A even more so, and the inflated prices trickle down. It's not an agent thing I think as much as its a directional choice from the club owners.

Mercurial

Kimmich is going to be captain of both FCB and the DFB team soon. I follow this for some time, and this guy has "natural leader" tatooed on his forehead like no one before.
And now the has the medals, and the big win on his CV too and will be accepted by the masses.

Hansinity

Supports
Bayern Munich
The better team won the game, but apart from the fact that all that really matters is that they lifted the trophy, I wonder how Bayern fans will perceive the quality of the performance tonight. Excellent goalkeeping, for sure, but the overall quality of play wasn't that great. With just a little tilting of the rub of the green, PSG, who themselves didn't put in a great performance, could have won the match.

Bayern fans?
First half was a great game by both teams I think. 2nd half it was a great fight where Bayern scored a beautiful goal and were lucky at the same time, since it was definitely a penalty for PSG ( Shocking that there was no use of VAR ).

Again, in finals teams rarely show their best performance ( Müller agreed in the interview and said it wasn't their best game obviously ). Finals is often about mentality , luck and fight. Bayern was a bit lucky and that tiny bit better today.

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
They invest more in the academy, this is true. But evidently in the Coman case and others of less note like him they are offered a big pay-day by PSG and get to play the most dud bottom matches, or safe subs in League 1 and basically asked to sell out or stall their developmental years together with hopes of joining a successful NT under fiercest competition. They know that they won't be the standard bearers for their club, the demand for the talented youth is huge around EU and specially with resurgence of Serie A even more so, and the inflated prices trickle down. It's not an agent thing I think as much as its a directional choice from the club owners.
Kimpembe, Rabiot have always played a lot. Areola showed that you could become first choice after a successful loan. Moussa Diaby found a lot more playtime in Paris than on loan in a relegation Serie A club. Coman was already making appearances at 17 and didn't find more success at Juve. Kouassi has consistently been prefered to Paredes and Herrera this season at only 17 without even signing a pro contract, see him being played a lot less next season in Munich.

Claiming youngsters don't get chances in Paris is really nonsense. We may even be the best "top club" in this respect.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Kimpembe, Rabiot have always played a lot. Areola showed that you could become first choice after a successful loan. Moussa Diaby found a lot more playtime in Paris than on loan in a relegation Serie A club. Coman was already making appearances at 17 and didn't find more success at Juve. Kouassi has consistently been prefered to Paredes and Herrera this season at only 17 without even signing a pro contract, see him being played a lot less next season in Munich.

Claiming youngsters don't get chances in Paris is really nonsense. We may even be the best "top club" in this respect.
So why do most of them leave?

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Congratulations to Bayern on their 6th European Cup. Great achievment. Just a matter of time before one of us catches Milan. Well deserved.

Lyricist

First half was a great game by both teams I think. 2nd half it was a great fight where Bayern scored a beautiful goal and were lucky at the same time, since it was definitely a penalty for PSG ( Shocking that there was no use of VAR ).

Again, in finals teams rarely show their best performance ( Müller agreed in the interview and said it wasn't their best game obviously ). Finals is often about mentality , luck and fight. Bayern was a bit lucky and that tiny bit better today.
Regarding the penalty incidents or rather the lack of VAR in the second half (first half could've had a pen too when Coman was fouled inside the box), I think it's pretty clear both the Mbappé as well as the Lewandowski scenes should've been penalties as well. Here's the studio analysis with a ref dissecting both situations (10 min 14 secs):

Superunknown

Well deserved for Bayern. Dominated most of this one and for the entirety of the tournament.

The way they play brings back memories of 1999 and before. A simple 4-4-2 with the entire team attacking and defending in tandem. Right down to the last man.

Wingers stay wingers. None of this inverted cutting inside nonsense. They stayed wide and the first priority was to get the ball in the box to the two strikers or beat their defender in doing so. Coman just glided past his fullback beautifully.

Fullbacks also kept the width and none of this coming into midfield nonsense. They were both capable of crossing and kept their defensive discipline at all times.

Two strikers in the box and always occupying the Centrebacks. Worked hard off the ball to win it back and never gave them a chance to build from the back.

Two central midfielders (gasp) dominating and playing direct passes to the wings and upfront as quickly as possible. No need to play 300 back passes to the defence and goalie go keep possession.

Reminds me of a time when we were capable of similar on a weekly basis. Kudos to Bayern for bringing excellent football back to the champs league.
Have to agree with all of this. Why complicit things? Nowt wrong with 4-4-2 if every knows what they are doing and works hard at it.

Thought PSG looked decent in the first half and the more likely to score, but Bayern came out in the second half and showed their class. Overall, I thought that the game was alright but it's typically how these big games go. Close, 1 goal in it, a few half chances. Overall, Bayern have been great over this tournament so deserve to win the whole thing. Well done to them.

They'll win it next year, as well. I can't really see why not. They'll walk their league again because they will continue to strengthen, meaning that they'll be suitably rested to defend the cup next year. They have a lot of things in their favour. Can't fault their recruitment either, because they consistently get in great players who do the business. Can't argue with how they're run.

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
So why do most of them leave?
Some because they (or their agents/families) are offered millions by predatory clubs like Red Bull & co. Some because they're not happy being a squad option (Diaby, Nkunku)... Some because they're stupid (Rabiot) and/or have greedy agents.

Mercurial

Since I love Zlatan and T Silva from their Milan days I watched tons of PSG first years they left for Paris, no offense to our french fans but I was shocked that so many matches are crushing victories in Ligue 1 and domestic cups, with very low quality arenas and opposition ( from what im used to with EPL and lesser extent Serie A, even during their decline days ) that PSG can easily play 3-6 reserves and still snag a good many win with a margin, in that sense sure, they rotate and let youth play but quality of that game time is mostly lower tier. Question remain, is that enough for budding top talents? Will it showcase them for NT selections? Some might gamble no.

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Since I love Zlatan and T Silva from their Milan days I watched tons of PSG first years they left for Paris, no offense to our french fans but I was shocked that so many matches are crushing victories in Ligue 1 and domestic cups, with very low quality arenas and opposition ( from what im used to with EPL and lesser extent Serie A, even during their decline days ) that PSG can easily play 3-6 reserves and still snag a good many win with a margin, in that sense sure, they rotate and let youth play but quality of that game time is mostly lower tier. Question remain, is that enough for budding top talents? Will it showcase them for NT selections? Some might gamble no.
L1 games are often easy because PSG may be the best team in Europe at crushing mid/low teams. We do the same in CL.
I don't know what you're on about NTs, almost all the academy talent are French from the Paris area, and if you can't start regularly for Paris, moving is unlikely to improve your chances to get in the France NT (you may just not be good enough).

Mercurial

L1 games are often easy because PSG may be the best team in Europe at crushing mid/low teams. We do the same in CL.
I don't know what you're on about NTs, almost all the academy talent are French from the Paris area, and if you can't start regularly for Paris, moving is unlikely to improve your chances to get in the France NT (you may just not be good enough).
Hard to impress from the bench or vs minnows.

Lyricist

He didn't know better, happens.
But what is it with the German clubs' twitter admins always looking for needless banter. :lol:

Last edited:

Paula

Supports
Bayern
Bayern was parking the bus in PSG’s half after they went 1-0 up.
Incredible energy.

Lyricist

Icardi hasn't been good since lockdown while Choupo was key against Atalanta.
How did he do before lockdown? I had only seen that you paid quite a bit for his transfer. But Hernandez sat on the bench for Bayern all evening as well, so I guess being a big money signing doesn't always equate to instant playing time.

Last edited:

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
How did he do before lockdown? I had only seen that you paid quite a bit for his transfer. But Hernandez sat on the bench for Bayern all evening as well, so I guess being a big money signing doesn't always eqaute to instant playing time.
He was not very involved in the build up, but kept opposing CBs busy, giving more freedom to the other forwads, plus poaching at a decent rate.
He cost €50m in the end, which isn't unreasonable for a proficient goalscorer.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Some because they (or their agents/families) are offered millions by predatory clubs like Red Bull & co. Some because they're not happy being a squad option (Diaby, Nkunku)... Some because they're stupid (Rabiot) and/or have greedy agents.
What’s in your opinion Kouassi left PSG for Munich? One of the reasons above or where the French players at Bayern also a reason?

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
How did he do before lockdown? I had only seen that you paid quite a bit for his transfer. But Hernandez sat on the bench for Bayern all evening as well, so I guess being a big money signing doesn't always eqaute to instant playing time.
Hernandez was never healthy for a couple of weeks in a row. Alaba - Hernandez - Süle - Pavard was the planned back 4. Then a lot of stuff happened (multiple injuries and some Canadian kid playing lights out).

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
What’s in your opinion Kouassi left PSG for Munich? One of the reasons above or where the French players at Bayern also a reason?
Kouassi (and probably his entourage) looked set on leaving very early and Bayern wasn't involved then. I have no idea why he chose Bayern in particular.

ReallyUSA

That Paredes-Marquinhos-Herrera midfield though... :lol:
It did really, really good in the first half. Paredes have two passes in a mtter of two minutes that could have been goals and the same for Ander. On paper, it isn't the sexy lineup, but they did a lot of good things that should have led to goals.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Well deserved for Bayern. Dominated most of this one and for the entirety of the tournament.

The way they play brings back memories of 1999 and before. A simple 4-4-2 with the entire team attacking and defending in tandem. Right down to the last man.

Wingers stay wingers. None of this inverted cutting inside nonsense. They stayed wide and the first priority was to get the ball in the box to the two strikers or beat their defender in doing so. Coman just glided past his fullback beautifully.

Fullbacks also kept the width and none of this coming into midfield nonsense. They were both capable of crossing and kept their defensive discipline at all times.

Two strikers in the box and always occupying the Centrebacks. Worked hard off the ball to win it back and never gave them a chance to build from the back.

Two central midfielders (gasp) dominating and playing direct passes to the wings and upfront as quickly as possible. No need to play 300 back passes to the defence and goalie go keep possession.

Reminds me of a time when we were capable of similar on a weekly basis. Kudos to Bayern for bringing excellent football back to the champs league.
I guess Flick would differ completely. That's a very inaccurate description of Bayern's style. They still have van Gaal's and Guardiola's ideas deeply ingrained in their philosophy. So lot's of "inverted cutting inside nonsense", "need to play 300 back passes to the defence and goalie to keep possession".

Bayern hat 61,6% possession and 433 passes to PSG's 240. They played a 4-4-2 against the ball and a 4-2-3-1 in possession as most German coaches do, especially those that press intensely. Their best player was also the prototype tiki taka player in Thiago. You could also argue that Bayern's success this season came by abandoning a system that essentially covered all your suggestions by sacking Kovac and promoting Flick - a coach who by the way was key to Germany adapting Spain's style of football. Neuer is also the prototype of the modern keeper that leaves his box a lot and prevents clearing the ball whenever possible.

Very weird interpretation, IMO. This game definitely had nothing in common with the EPL style pre-2015.