2020 US Elections | Biden certified as President | Dems control Congress

Status
Not open for further replies.

bazalini

The Baz Man - He made us laugh 2000 - 2012
Here we go.. john king saying the exact same thing he said 10 mins ago. USELESS

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
Has anything changed in the last 5 hours?

Smores

Seems highly unlikely that they wouldn't have had access, isn't every station full of observers?

I reckon they know it'll get rejected they're just ramping up the 'fixed' argument.

mu4c_20le

Seems like Nevada won't start counting again until tomorrow. If they hold the key to the race....hooboy

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
It will not be that easy. I got a few relatives in the US in NY, NJ, AZ. They are immigrants (albeit white Europeans). All of them are staunch Trump supporters, simply because they are quite religious and they are put off by Dems forever (gender debate was a big no no for them in 2016).

It's similar in Germany. For many, let's say, Turkish people the conservatives (although being a Christian party) have certainly a lot of in common with conservative immigrants from Turkey or other muslim states.

Yeah, their server is busy right now.
Pennsylvania votes
The religion thing is interesting and touches on what @Cheimoon so eloquently put. So I have a suggestion.

I am your new God. You will preach the gospel of me and in 4 years time we'll take over 400 electoral votes.

nimic

something nice
Scout
By the way, why did both North Carolina and Arizona get stuck at the same percentage for hours? Did they just... stop counting for some reason?
I don't know the reason, but I know that some states, or some counties in some states, basically said they were going to count until midnight and then go home for the night, regardless of where the count was at.

bazalini

Baz, they had Biden at $4.30 yesterday and Trump $1.20 in Australia...
Yeah. At that time. It's in-running. If you are looking instant news follow the markets. It moved 20 mins ago on that news out of Arizona

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Crazy that Vegas, Phoenix and their suburbs account for around 65% of the total votes of Nevada and Arizona combined, considering how big those states are.

At least for someone living in one of the smallest countries in Europe, it is.

bazalini

This whole election revolves around Arizona.

I'll give it 3 hours before CNN realise

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
They are not. Absolutely not.
Uh-huh, they’re so predictive:

Guys - markets have taken a serious jump in last 25mins.

There is polling been doing by private equity firms seemingly. Is this positive or negative for Biden
All gary Johnson vote going to Biden. This is massive.

I'm calling it.

Congrats president Biden
Hate to burst the bubble but Betfair and markets are swinging for Trump.
It's over bud.

There is hedge fund managers who have just pumped billions in to the markets knowing trump has it.

The people who know first is the markets and betfair.

4 more years of Trump. Calling it
In 2016 Betfair called the election trend long before any media.

Go back to that tread - I was updating it Every 30 mins
What's happened in last 10 mins to see markets tumbling again. Some more positive trump news must have come out
Mate is really putting himself out there this time. His tweets are now effecting the markets
Biden is back favorite. I Repeat

BIDEN IS NOW FAVORITE
Bit unfair

Most posters are on Betfair making green
Anyone mention Betfair has seen a massive shift in favour of Trump last few mins. Was 4-1 now in to 5/2
There is half a billion dollars on it.

I'm telling you, Betfair is an instant barometer on the election.

Reactions: Snowjoe

Precaution

Crazy that Vegas, Phoenix and their suburbs account for around 65% of the total votes of Nevada and Arizona combined, considering how big those states are.

At least for someone living in one of the smallest countries in Europe, it is.
Big state but mostly vast and desert, for the most part Phoneix and Vegas are the more largely populated areas

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
It's a shame RCP is going paywalled because the raw polls have been more insightful than poll+ type analysis.

Selective reading of polls.

RCP had Biden as +6.7 in WI, +1 in Florida, and Trump as +1 in Ohio, +1 in Texas. +2 in Iowa. None of actual results are within margin of error.

fergosaurus

You can tape what john King says on CNN on a 10 min loop and repeat it. He is offering no analyst. NONE

bring back the other guy. Miles better
The other guy got snarky when he was asked to do a couple of simple calculations, he said he's a journalist not a mathematician and didn't know how he ended up in front of the map board. What a gimp. I think he's intimidated by John King and his insecurities came out.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
There is half a billion dollars on it.

I'm telling you, Betfair is an instant barometer on the election.
You said last night that Trump would win, based on the swing in betting odds.

I said that those calling the election based on betting odds would be left with egg on their face and that Biden would win. I stand by that.

Jericholyte2

I wonder, is Trump going to shoot himself in the foot with this recount in Wisconsin? In effect he’s accepting that all the extra votes are valid, just that they were counted wrong. If he accepts the vote count of one state it surely makes a precedent that means he would have to accept the counts of other states?

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
How many times are CNN gonna say that Trump is 'well within his rights' to ask for a recount in Wisconsin?

Status
Not open for further replies.