2020 US Elections | Biden certified as President | Dems control Congress

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revan

Assumptionman
Sorry if this has already been asked and answered, but what happens if no candidate manages to get 50% votes in the run off elections? Another election or does the candidate with the most votes win?
There are only two candidates, so it would be a miracle for neither of them to win 50%+1 vote.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
When will results be known?
Barring any unforeseen circumstances (water main break, Meal Team Six performing maneuvers or other shenanigans, etc.), there’s a good chance we will know the likely outcome tonight. Might be a bit late in the evening, though.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Why can’t Twitter lock his account for 24 hours?! The amount of shit he’s said would get anyone else banned, let alone suspended. cnut.

Dudu

Why can’t Twitter lock his account for 24 hours?! The amount of shit he’s said would get anyone else banned, let alone suspended. cnut.
Not happening. He generates a ridiculous amount of traffic for them.

Many also seems to believe they will eventually suspend him, after he relinquishes the WH, but I'm honestly not even sure about that.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Not happening. He generates a ridiculous amount of traffic for them.

Many also seems to believe they will eventually suspend him, after he relinquishes the WH, but I'm honestly not even sure about that.
I recall an article from Forbes or Fortune years back stating that Twitter could potentially lose 1/5 of its value if Trump was permanently suspended, 2 or 3 billion dollars’ worth of value.

He is valuable to them, but I cannot fathom that he is that important to Twitter.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Am I reading this right - the Republican majority is trying to prevent the swearing in of an elected official, and kicked out the guy who disagreed with that approach?

This is very disturbing, right? (I guess it's obvious, and my brain is not just wanting to register what's really happening here.) What's next? Will this effectively prevent the senator from taking office?

Withnail

Am I reading this right - the Republican majority is trying to prevent the swearing in of an elected official, and kicked out the guy who disagreed with that approach?

This is very disturbing, right? (I guess it's obvious, and my brain is not just wanting to register what's really happening here.) What's next? Will this effectively prevent the senator from taking office?
It's the President of the Senate they've kicked out and yes they've denied an elected senator from being sworn in.

It's nuts.

Dudu

I recall an article from Forbes or Fortune years back stating that Twitter could potentially lose 1/5 of its value if Trump was permanently suspended, 2 or 3 billion dollars’ worth of value.

He is valuable to them, but I cannot fathom that he is that important to Twitter.
1/5 is no doubt a massive stretch, but I still fully expect twitter to let him get away with a ridiculous amount of BS (even without the protection of Presidency) with only minor consequences, if any.

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
PR stunt to get the Trump votes. After the 20th, everything will be back to normal....like when trump pivoted

Dudu

Could spin it either way, but at the very least it suggests strong dem turnout too. Biden and Ossoff had 80% + in Nov for DeKalb.

Last edited:

InfiniteBoredom

I would caution against looking too deep into Twitter anecdotes. Just in the last couple of hours, I have seen conflicting reports in both GOP/D strongholds. We also are making assumptions about the early votes. Some are projecting a make up as low as D+8 which means they are most likely toast even with 800k E-Day turnout, or D+14, which means both are sure to win. The thing is the kind of coalition Biden built to win the election is exactly the kind that leads to this kind of confusion, because you can’t bank on the wine/soccer moms and high income suburbanites to be reliable down ticket votes.

Status
Not open for further replies.