2020 US Elections | Biden certified as President | Dems control Congress

Status
Not open for further replies.

RK

For anyone optimistic about Ohio, the betting my instinct says that it's significantly in favour of Trump, but not impossible for Biden.

My instinct factors in the ballots not yet counted and their expected breakdown.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Chill ... I'm confident Biden will win the election. Those quoting betting odds will be left with egg on their face.

SinNombre

For anyone optimistic about Ohio, the betting my instinct says that it's significantly in favour of Trump, but not impossible for Biden.

My instinct factors in the ballots not yet counted and their expected breakdown.
OH is 70-30 in Trump's favor as per my stats so Biden still has a chance.

No chance in GA.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
I'd appreciate if betting odds were still posted.

Gives really good insight. Kiddish to oppose it so strongly.
If we have the occasional betting post - 1 or 2 maximum per page being fine - nobody will comment. More than that and it starts pissing the majority off.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
No? He can afford to lose 2 of them if he keeps everything else.
Nah you’re mostly right, apologies it’s 4am here and I’m tired. He can take one if it’s MI or PA, but WI wouldn’t be enough. He’s not going to win any of them though, so the point is kind of moot.

prateik

Trump comfortably ahead in Ohio and TX

edit: leading big in MI as well.. but no clue how they are counting.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Makes sense. Seems like Democrats need to breach into Republican swing states. Interesting stuff.
In general, I suppose the US is slowly creeping left, like any western country - in the sense that issue that were leftist some decades ago are now centrist, centrist concepts have become conservative, and so on. The US seem to move more slowly and their conservatives seem to hang on to the past more tightly; but it's the same overall tendency.
I think it's more accurate to say the Republicans would need to reinvent themselves in that case. Saying they would never win again is a bit silly - they'd never win in their current guise, with their current focus.
Yeah, true - of course they would adjust their approach, not just slowly go down into oblivion. I guess I meant to say that, if right now this election were proportional (including some proportionality to senate seats), then the current Republican party would lose the presidency, senate, and house in an absolute landslide.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Results for the Georgia county that includes Atlanta - the state's capital and its most populous city - will be delayed after a water pipe burst in a room with absentee ballots, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports.

No ballots were damaged, voting officials say, but the incident has delayed counting by around four hours, dashing hopes of reported results by around 23:00 ET.

Donald Trump won the state in 2016 by a 5% margin, but Democrats are hoping it can be turned for Biden. We'll now have to wait a little longer to find out.

binary bot
Unless my screen is wrong the AP are showing most swing states where trump is leading...
Biden can afford to lose the majority of the swing states and still win. The worrying thing is if the remaining states follow the same trend.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
A basic question probably stupid as well. Can the electoral votes of a state split ? Say, of there are 19 votes , can 10 of them goto one and 9 of them goto another ?

Simbo

Ohio not based much on early vote like NC is, still lots of votes to come in the dem areas.

Cait Sith

Compared to the map from 2016 Biden didn't flip a single state so far. Only leading in NC by 0.2 percent points, going downhill every minute.

How are people confident Biden will win again?

Status
Not open for further replies.