2020 US Elections | Biden certified as President | Dems control Congress

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Are we doing an all nighter for this or like the GE, it is going to take days?

Dudu

"Florida of our state"

What a start to election day :lol:

MTF

I reckon it will still take days. No way I'm staying up for this... I wouldn't have stayed up for the GE if my crystal ball had told me how long it would take. I'll check whatever the latest count and analysis is at around 10PM EST and then go to sleep.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Didn't it take over a week to do the November election?
I heard an interview with an AJC reporter who estimates it should be a day or two as the ballot is much shorter (only 3 races), they have had a ton of in person early voting, and they had a bit of practice in Nov to help speed things up. Hopefully they get it done ASAP. One thing to keep in mind though is that, just like in Nov, GA law prohibits the scanning of mail in ballots until AFTER the polls close. This means we can expect big dumps of dem allots well after the polls close. Just like in Nov. Queue the conspiracy nutjubs.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Yeah, I'm out on the all nighter. Once was enough and there is no way to ever recapture the highs of the Great Wisconsin Printer Ink Incident. Good times (I think??? I still am spotty on hours 36-48)

Fully Fledged

I heard an interview with an AJC reporter who estimates it should be a day or two as the ballot is much shorter (only 3 races), they have had a ton of in person early voting, and they had a bit of practice in Nov to help speed things up. Hopefully they get it done ASAP. One thing to keep in mind though is that, just like in Nov, GA law prohibits the scanning of mail in ballots until AFTER the polls close. This means we can expect big dumps of dem allots well after the polls close. Just like in Nov. Queue the conspiracy nutjubs.
Yeah that's gonna be wild. The biggest nutjob of them all will probably try and justify his loss by saying the same thing is happening again.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Yeah, I'm out on the all nighter. Once was enough and there is no way to ever recapture the highs of the Great Wisconsin Printer Ink Incident. Good times (I think??? I still am spotty on hours 36-48)
If you do decide to stay up, remember your charger.

alsabi

With the mail-in votes, military ballots etc., if it's close (and I imagine it will be either way) then I imagine it could drag on for a while.

The Firestarter

You were there for the burning wood so you didn't miss anything of note!

Dudu

This should follow a similar trend to Nov. Rs surge ahead with a larger chunk of in-person voting and with the smaller republican counties reporting first. Later comes the Dem counties and mail in ballots.

Given how close it is reportedly polling, I suspect we won't know by the end of the day.. but perhaps a call by the following day?

Precaution

Much as I'd love a $2k cheque, it ain't gunna happen, Georgia will keep Perdue but bin off Loeffler and we'll be back to hating Mitch for blocking Biden's every move and in 2024 we'll be back to a Republican presidency, rinse + repeat.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
When will the Georgia election results be ready? Tomorrow morning GMT?
Georgia’s been allowed to ‘precount’ all the mail in ballots (open them, remove them from envelopes, etc.), so it should go a bit quicker than the GE, even with the anticipated surge in turnout.

Result should be determined by tomorrow.

Sanche7

Sorry if this has already been asked and answered, but what happens if no candidate manages to get 50% votes in the run off elections? Another election or does the candidate with the most votes win?

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Sorry if this has already been asked and answered, but what happens if no candidate manages to get 50% votes in the run off elections? Another election or does the candidate with the most votes win?
Option 2

Dudu

:houllier:
Disappointing. But I also wonder how many people they actually asked before running with the story. I expect we'll hear both narratives.. already seen CNN run a story on a 'lifelong republican voter' now apparently voting for dems.

Hard to gauge how meaningful any of it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.