2021 American Civil War

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
DOJ is worried about infiltration within National Guard protecting Capitol. This shit is crazy.
Soon as I saw that report I immediately went to The Dark Knight and the policemen in the Joker's employ.

Must be mad as hell trying to work out who they can trust in their own country's national guard. Proper civil war mentality.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Yeah me too. Rep. Steve Cohen doesn't come a across as the most reliable witness. Why was he not able to say the exact date, for example?
Not surprising considering they probably didn't think much of it at the time. The 3rd is when Boebert was sworn in (so the first day she could have done it), and the 6th was, well the 6th. The weird thing here is that she has to know everything in that building is recorded, so she's either guilty and stupid or not guilty. My first thought was that maybe it was her family, which I think would be ok (although her mom sounds proper mental), so the fact she flat denied it makes me wonder what is up if she did indeed have people there.

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
Yeah me too. Rep. Steve Cohen doesn't come a across as the most reliable witness. Why was he not able to say the exact date, for example?
Yeah, I think we need to hear a full statement or have some corroborating witnesses come forward. Of course also see some CCTV footage. I absolutely refuse to believe there isn't any. Buildings like the Capitol must have it installed.

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
Nobody thinks it disgusting that there is a homeless camp near the US Capitol. I was shocked at just how shitty the area a few blocks from the Capitol is. I spent a month in DC on a research project at the National Archives and I saw a lot of the city and was struck by the difference between the likes of Georgetown and other cruddy parts of the city.

It really is a reflection of the US when you think about it.
I find more disgusting what happens in the capitol every "working" day...and extended to any parliament in the world

Amarsdd

Shit just got real.

I hope they have CCTV.
it'll go like this:
Deny.. Deny... Video proof (CCTV) .... Yes, I did but didn't know they were going to storm the Capitol the next day...

Eurotrash

Yeah, I think we need to hear a full statement or have some corroborating witnesses come forward. Of course also see some CCTV footage. I absolutely refuse to believe there isn't any. Buildings like the Capitol must have it installed.
I would have thought that any visitor must register before entering for any kind of tour. That is the requirement at my place of work, which is nowhere near as sensitive as the Capitol.

Penna

Kind Moderator (with a bit of a mean streak)
Staff

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
His wife said she didn't think he'd actually do it. Well, it's not a chance you can take, is it?
That's some good parenting there. "I know he threatened to shoot them but I don't think he's going to go through with it?" It's not like saying you'll ground the kids for a month if they don't put their washing in the basket.

Ananke

Did anyone see this from the daily show? Most likely was going through the cabbaged minds of all those rioters/terrorists...

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Did anyone see this from the daily show? Most likely was going through the cabbaged minds of all those rioters/terrorists...
How the hell isn't that illegal?

I'm stunned, honestly.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
I've wasted hours browsing Twitter threads where people engage in amateur sleuth work trying to identify individuals who stormed the Capitol - including the by now infamous "bullhorn lady": many are convinced she's Lauren Boebert's mother, others are convinced she's actually a man (based on an obviously enhanced/manipulated picture that's gone viral).

It's...interesting.

Many of the ridiculous traits associated with right wing conspiracy nuts are on full display in these threads - bombastic conclusions based on non-existent evidence, not least. People construct elaborate theories based on photographic "evidence" that is blatantly manipulated.

And, to be clear, I'm not talking about right wing conspiracy nuts - but people who claim to oppose them (but who fall into the too familiar pattern of embracing shoddy logic and "investigatory" methods).

"I did some research and it seems Sarah Palin's father was spotted in DC - in drag - just before the incident! OMG!"

Insert Spiderman pointing meme.

Corporate media and politicans, right and left, have whipped the people into a frenzy over various idpol 'issues' - issues that they're more than happy to be centre stage as long as wealth and class don't become talking points again.

Notice that this all ratcheted up after Occupy Wall Street. We've went from a burgeoning, flawed movement that actually united the working class against the 1%, billionaires and megacorps, to a movement in identity politics that intentionally and very purposefully divides them.

Libs went from 'People Before Profits' to 'Oh, Chase have a BLM emojii on their Twitter. I guess they're OK!" so damn quickly.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Insert Spiderman pointing meme.

Corporate media and politicans, right and left, have whipped the people into a frenzy over various idpol 'issues' - issues that they're more than happy to be centre stage as long as wealth and class don't become talking points again.

Notice that this all ratcheted up after Occupy Wall Street. We've went from a burgeoning, flawed movement that actually united the working class against the 1%, billionaires and megacorps, to a movement in identity politics that intentionally and very purposefully divides them.

Libs went from 'People Before Profits' to 'Oh, Chase have a BLM emojii on their Twitter. I guess they're OK!" so damn quickly.

Interesting. For sure, we need to focus again on the ever increasing divide between rich and poor. But I'm not quite sure if I'm reading you wrong but it looks like you're saying that highlighting the continuing racism in our society is just identity politics being stirred up by the media to distract from the 1%?

forevrared

How the hell isn't that illegal?

I'm stunned, honestly.
Sedition is illegal, to be fair. We just lack the collective backbone to hold the powerful accountable.

The same crowd that spent four years yelling "Lock her up!" and "feck your feelings!" suddenly expects the other side to pursue unity with them by not holding them accountable right after they've got finished trying to overthrow a democratic election because they lost (handily).

nimic

something nice
Scout
https://www.miaminewtimes.com/news/...-believes-parkland-shooting-was-hoax-11812031

I very actively hate this cnut. Even with Trump getting elected, and then getting 70 million votes even while losing, it's still completely unfathomable to me how a vile creature such as this could get a majority of people in a district to vote for her. I usually try to stay level-headed about voters who vote for demagogues and wannabe authoritarians, but there's no excuse here. These people are all terrible human beings.

Also: https://www.mediamatters.org/congre...-taylor-greenes-conspiracy-theories-and-toxic

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!

Oh....my....god, the smooth brains having second thoughts?
Someone vocal and visible needs to highlight how the Q movement is near identical to Scientology.

Many in Scientology get to a fork in the road with a path back to society. Sure, many choose the insane route. But it feels like many abandon it at that point.

Both cults have decent people wrapped up in their nonsense. I’d give every single person that entered the Capitol a custodial sentence, but the red hat wearing talkative attendees probably need a different kind of punishment.