2021 Summer Olympics (Tokyo)

Agent Red

Last night of the games and wondering how much to forgo sleep to watch it. The Omnium will be the best watch of our remaining races but is 2-5am…

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Bit odd that Brazilian runner falling down for no noticeable reason and then getting up and running again.

diarm

This Kenyan lad has just decimated a field in which world class runners were dropping like flies, and he doesn't even have the decency to be sweating a little bit.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
What a legend Kipchoge is

The other Kenyan lost a medal in the last 10 secounds, incredible

Agent Red

The Italian rider just fell and took out half the field in the Omnium scratch race, including Laura Kenny unfortunately. Hope they’re all ok and it’s not too decisive in the competition.

Carolina Red

Staff
So awesome. She’s been part of the US team since I was in high school. It’s gonna be different without her there, but damn. What a career.

Last edited:

Agent Red

Wow, Jack Carlin not even making the Keirin final is a disappointment. Kenny surprisingly does go through but I worry won’t have the legs for a win unless he finds something he hasn’t had all tournament.

Scarlett Dracarys

( . Y . )
This Kenyan lad has just decimated a field in which world class runners were dropping like flies, and he doesn't even have the decency to be sweating a little bit.
He must have had such a hard life. That's the first thing I think about when the underdogs are deservedly winning. They didn't have all the fancy equipment and trainers all they had was a hard life to toughen them up. His training probably includes running miles and miles for basic necessities.

Agent Red

Urgh no idea what happened to Laura Kenny there. She’s gone out really early in her strongest event and gold looking really unlikely now.

I should have stayed in bed.

Agent Red

That looked nasty
The crash? Yeah, it was bad. We’ve had two events since then and she looked fine in the second one but was way off her best in the third one. She either totally messed up her tactics or she’s injured/shaken from the crash.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
That was a lapse of concentration and unfortunately it came at the worst possible time for Laura. She felt that she had it covered and wasn’t even riding that hard

Agent Red

That was a lapse of concentration and unfortunately it came at the worst possible time for Laura. She felt that she had it covered and wasn’t even riding that hard
Yeah it did look that way. So frustrating. Think we’ve thrown away 4th place unless Jason Kenny pulls off a miracle.

Agent Red

Wow wow wow Jason Kenny!!!!

I thought he looked totally done this Olympics but he found it within himself to take this one event. What a fitting way to end his career.

Agent Red

I’m so pleased for him. I really remember the Kenny’s coming onto the scene and the controversy with Jason being chosen over Chris Hoy for the sprint in London but delivering the gold to back it up. It’s strange now to see him with thinning hair and clearly at the end of his career, but what a great way to end it.

I didn’t really think we had a chance in Keirin so at least it offsets the likely disappointment in the Omnium.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Well I was hoping for a Kenny to get a Gold today but that’s not the one I was expecting. Seriously like Chris Hoy just said this is a race that will be talked for ages . As soon as he pulled away no one wanted to chase him because they knew they would get screwed

Agent Red

Russia lose the Rhytmic Gymnastics one so now GB have it in their hands with Price
Yeah I saw that, never refreshed the rhythmic gymnastics before in my life! It’s been a real night of upsets. I thought we’d get Omnium gold and they’d get rhythmic gymnastics and then it would all be down to the Keirin/handball.

Let’s just hope Lauren Price delivers and there’s no upset there.

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
Just seen the so called punch by the German coach on the horse, it was more of a closed fist slap on the hind leg than a punch and that horse looked out of its depth for the games.

He must have had such a hard life. That's the first thing I think about when the underdogs are deservedly winning. They didn't have all the fancy equipment and trainers all they had was a hard life to toughen them up. His training probably includes running miles and miles for basic necessities.
Thousands have tried to research and understand the Kenyan effect. The more you read the more it comes down to some rather simple things such as running 8 miles to school and back home again all throughout childhood and a simplistic life with a basic diet & tonnes of sleep.
Running is also now so ingrained into Kenyan culture that it’s similar to rugby in New Zealand. It’s becomes even bigger than NZ Rugby though because Kenyan idols are all runners and it’s seen as the “way out” for so many.
Unlike world-class long-distance runners from other countries, the Kenyans do nothing else but “run sleep eat”, no fancy dinners, no nights out etc, just long training camps in Iten at altitude and racing.

Kipchoge even amongst Kenyans though is something else, despite his riches and success he is the most humble man on the planet and still lives in an incredibly simple home with his family. He fully understands why he is where he is.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
I knighthood surely awaits Jason Kenny. My fellow Boltonion.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
What a games for GB - especially considering how many medals they dropped in the rowing compared to previous years. Top effort.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Crazy how well Japan have done compared to previous games. Shows how big a difference home advantage cam make.