2024 U.S. Elections

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
I dont know internally, but foreign policy it is difficult to imagine trump doing it worse than biden. Sure, can be "hold my beer" moment. But biden had:

- The afghanistan fiasco: A run for your life retreat
- supporting militarily and economically the palestinian genocide with and unprecedented destruction and cruelty
- Not only not being able (doesnt want it to be fair) to reign in israel about gaza, but the region being on the brink of a war israel vs iran

Very very difficult to make it worse. feck genocide joe
Honestly, that take is akin to the whole 'what does expertise really get us' that brought us Brexit and other such 'what could be worse' real life disasters.

I know this is clearly your passion, and typing Genocide Joe is very satisfying, but Trump has shown in every way to be a worse man, a worse mind, surrounds himself with worse people and gives no fcks whatsoever about anyone not called Donald J Trump.

There's a very real chance Russia would have seized several more countries and be at war with a US-less Nato at the moment if Trump was in power.

And Bibi is doing all he can to get Trump re elected. That could tell you something. But no. It's vastly easier to find a simple, catchy meme. What does experience and expertise really matter, the world sucks anyway. Let's burn it down.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
Honestly, that take is akin to the whole 'what does expertise really get us' that brought us Brexit and other such 'what could be worse' real life disasters.

I know this is clearly your passion, and typing Genocide Joe is very satisfying, but Trump has shown in every way to be a worse man, a worse mind, surrounds himself with worse people and gives no fcks whatsoever about anyone not called Donald J Trump.

There's a very real chance Russia would have seized several more countries and be at war with a US-less Nato at the moment if Trump was in power.

And Bibi is doing all he can to get Trump re elected. That could tell you something. But no. It's vastly easier to find a simple, catchy meme. What does experience and expertise really matter, the world sucks anyway. Let's burn it down.
I saw the poster's name before I read the post, and I instantly knew it was going to be some kind of ill-informed attempt to dig out Biden!

4bars

Supports
Barcelona

The " with trump would happened tgis and that" is an hypothesis. Could be true or not we will ndver know. We know that didnt happened as much when trump was POTUS though he planted some seeds that could well be why some of the things are happening now.

I dont have any problem to see how trump is derranged and i can see, but i dont know how, he could be worse in US external politics than biden, and sure i will agree with you that trump is worse in global and also for the influence of "making politics" that is resonating in the rest of the world and make the world shittier and more dangerous

I just picked a parcel of biden's policy, comportamentalized it and give my opinion about this piece of politics and my opinion is that is difficult to do it worse in foreign policy, specially in the middle east. And if it hurts your feelings that Biden is actively participating as a co-protahonist in a dreadful genocide and makes you sad the usage of a rightful earned nickname like genocide joe, is your problem. I will keep calling him genocide joe as i see fit bc he deserve to be remembered as genocide joe, because he is genocide joe...so satisfying...genocide joe...ahhh

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
I saw the poster's name before I read the post, and I instantly knew it was going to be some kind of ill-informed attempt to dig out Biden!
Easy, ignore button and you are relieved. Or you can proof why is ill informed.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
The " with trump would happened tgis and that" is an hypothesis. Could be true or not we will ndver know. We know that didnt happened as much when trump was POTUS though he planted some seeds that could well be why some of the things are happening now.

I dont have any problem to see how trump is derranged and i can see, but i dont know how, he could be worse in US external politics than biden, and sure i will agree with you that trump is worse in global and also for the influence of "making politics" that is resonating in the rest of the world and make the world shittier and more dangerous

I just picked a parcel of biden's policy, comportamentalized it and give my opinion about this piece of politics and my opinion is that is difficult to do it worse in foreign policy, specially in the middle east. And if it hurts your feelings that Biden is actively participating as a co-protahonist in a dreadful genocide and makes you sad the usage of a rightful earned nickname like genocide joe, is your problem. I will keep calling him genocide joe as i see fit bc he deserve to be remembered as genocide joe, because he is genocide joe...so satisfying...genocide joe...ahhh
Its very easy to do worse than Biden in foreign policy, Trump and Biden don't differ much on Israel, but the former would simply hand all of Ukraine to Russia, and also encourages Russia to attack NATO countries, he has admitted as much, so you can't even spin it.

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
Its very easy to do worse than Biden in foreign policy, Trump and Biden don't differ much on Israel, but the former would simply hand all of Ukraine to Russia, and also encourages Russia to attack NATO countries, he has admitted as much, so you can't even spin it.
As it is. Russia might well win this anyway

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I dont know internally, but foreign policy it is difficult to imagine trump doing it worse than biden. Sure, can be "hold my beer" moment. But biden had:

- The afghanistan fiasco: A run for your life retreat
- supporting militarily and economically the palestinian genocide with and unprecedented destruction and cruelty
- Not only not being able (doesnt want it to be fair) to reign in israel about gaza, but the region being on the brink of a war israel vs iran

Very very difficult to make it worse. feck genocide joe
Well, the Afghan retreat was initially a Trump decision, it was just executed poorly when it happened.

Trump wanting to pull out of NATO isn't particularly rosy news for hundreds of millions of people.

Trump pulling out of the nuclear agreement with Iran has now allowed it to be potentially days away from an offensive nuclear arsenal.

Tariffs against China basically turned into taxes on American consumers as well as hell on American farmers.

We all know how Trump will treat Russia.

Trump's travel bans speak for themselves.

Trump's distain for multilateral agreements & alliances aren't in the best interests of billions worldwide.

But, nah, can't get any worse than Biden.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid

Don't know what to say, this feels like some alternate reality.

If Hogan actually wins, dems has zero chance of holding the senate, and wont win it back anytime in the forseeable future either.

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
Well, the Afghan retreat was initially a Trump decision, it was just executed poorly when it happened.

Trump wanting to pull out of NATO isn't particularly rosy news for hundreds of millions of people.

Trump pulling out of the nuclear agreement with Iran has now allowed it to be potentially days away from an offensive nuclear arsenal.

Tariffs against China basically turned into taxes on American consumers as well as hell on American farmers.

We all know how Trump will treat Russia.

Trump's travel bans speak for themselves.

Trump's distain for multilateral agreements & alliances aren't in the best interests of billions worldwide.

But, nah, can't get any worse than Biden.
All fair points. In another post i already said that trump planted some seeds. Some if them, as you said the afghan retreat, but yo be honest, did you want to be in afghanistan forever? One day had to happen and US had other retreats. And biden knew the date and was an antological screw ip

Another seed is the iranian nuclear deal where trump pulled out bc it was an obama deal. Another "present" to deal with. But you dont deal with a potential nuclear power not reigning in israel, that by the way, says it will retaliate

Another seed that you dont mention, at least clearly, is how trump emboldened putin, and to be fair, is the conflict that biden managed better...till half a year ago. Also, i dont know if it is bc he wanted to thanks zelenski to not play into trumps request on his son when trump blackmailed zelensky into giving info from bidens son (true of fake...i believe fake) and zelensky didnt budge in. Also, i believe that US is not being honest on the goals of the conflict

Biden not only didnt revert or modify any major policy from trump against china but doubled down, but didnt receive the flak that trump received. So thats a Moo point.

Biden is doubling down on immigration

I agree with you that trump is a dangerous character and i trust him less than biden because he is derranged, dumb and specially highly corruptible. Maybe i didnt express myself well. More than forrign policy, i meant military conflicts. Is difficult doing it worse. I doubt that trump can ve worse than biden, but if somrone can be worse, is trump. I just can't imagine how REALISTICALY can be worse. We can ill-fantasize bombing gaza with an atomic bomb or going commando in iran, but i dont see them plausible...maybe iran

Who knows. I hope im rigth and it can get worse though

WPMUFC

Where's the fecking asteroid. Just end it now :lol:

Trump Supporter Tells CNN Ex-President Is Unfit for Office – ‘But I’m Voting for Him’

“They’ve both voted for Trump twice,” Tuchman added, before asking the couple, “What is your feeling today about Donald Trump’s moral character?”

It’s terrible. I can’t get much lower than it is,” Kay replied.

Kay added of Trump, “He continues to make crazy comments about being a dictator’s first day and repercussions against people who he feels have wronged him.”

Kay replied without hesitation, “I don’t think he’s fit, but I’m voting for him.”
https://www.mediaite.com/tv/trump-s...nt-is-unfit-for-office-but-im-voting-for-him/

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
All fair points. In another post i already said that trump planted some seeds. Some if them, as you said the afghan retreat, but yo be honest, did you want to be in afghanistan forever? One day had to happen and US had other retreats. And biden knew the date and was an antological screw ip

Another seed is the iranian nuclear deal where trump pulled out bc it was an obama deal. Another "present" to deal with. But you dont deal with a potential nuclear power not reigning in israel, that by the way, says it will retaliate

Another seed that you dont mention, at least clearly, is how trump emboldened putin, and to be fair, is the conflict that biden managed better...till half a year ago. Also, i dont know if it is bc he wanted to thanks zelenski to not play into trumps request on his son when trump blackmailed zelensky into giving info from bidens son (true of fake...i believe fake) and zelensky didnt budge in. Also, i believe that US is not being honest on the goals of the conflict

Biden not only didnt revert or modify any major policy from trump against china but doubled down, but didnt receive the flak that trump received. So thats a Moo point.

Biden is doubling down on immigration

I agree with you that trump is a dangerous character and i trust him less than biden because he is derranged, dumb and specially highly corruptible. Maybe i didnt express myself well. More than forrign policy, i meant military conflicts. Is difficult doing it worse. I doubt that trump can ve worse than biden, but if somrone can be worse, is trump. I just can't imagine how REALISTICALY can be worse. We can ill-fantasize bombing gaza with an atomic bomb or going commando in iran, but i dont see them plausible...maybe iran

Who knows. I hope im rigth and it can get worse though
You're not as bright as you think you are. There is lots of clear evidence about all these points out there, you don't need to speculate generally about them and apply false equivalencies, and it is easily imaginable that Trump would be doing worse on literally everything than Biden. It's not even a big leap of faith. For one, do you see any world where Trump urges restraint on Iran? Trump can't even control his own bowels.

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
You're not as bright as you think you are. There is lots of clear evidence about all these points out there, you don't need to speculate generally about them and apply false equivalencies, and it is easily imaginable that Trump would be doing worse on literally everything than Biden. It's not even a big leap of faith. For one, do you see any world where Trump urges restraint on Iran? Trump can't even control his own bowels.
Never claim i was bright. Luckly we have a lighthouse in you

I dont have to see any world were trump urges restrain. I have 4 years of trump 2016-20 vs 3 years ana half of biden.and Biden had been way worse. So there is that. Is not being bright or not, there are comparable facts

Trump will do worse? Maybe, bus ao far wasnt worse and i cant see being worse than than

Im sorry for a too simple comparaison. Im not very bright, as you know

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
In all honesty, go and read a book, any book written by a foreign policy professional about the Trump Presidency. There are multiple.

You're not going to get anywhere trying to convince educated, well-intentioned people that Donald f*cking Trump is a beacon of hope for sorting out global geopolitcs.

Be honest with yourself - you're so all-in on the Gaza situation that you're letting it cloud your judgement in entirely unrelated matters.

Biden's response to Ukraine has been good. He has managed an incredibly fraught situation without escalation, and if not for the aforementiond Donald f*cking Trump and his cult Ukraine would still be holding back Russia successfully for the forseeable future.

TwoSheds

In all honesty, go and read a book, any book written by a foreign policy professional about the Trump Presidency. There are multiple.

You're not going to get anywhere trying to convince educated, well-intentioned people that Donald f*cking Trump is a beacon of hope for sorting out global geopolitcs.

Be honest with yourself - you're so all-in on the Gaza situation that you're letting it cloud your judgement in entirely unrelated matters.

Biden's response to Ukraine has been good. He has managed an incredibly fraught situation without escalation, and if not for the aforementiond Donald f*cking Trump and his cult Ukraine would still be holding back Russia successfully for the forseeable future.
Basically this.

And I sympathise greatly on Gaza by the way, appalling situation and Biden could definitely have done better. I am just 1million% sure that Trump would be doing even worse in the same situation. Just like everything else he gets his hands on.

Precaution

Some days you kinda just wish Fallout was a real thing and a Vault would be ideal right now, least all the Trumpers would be ghouls still crying conspiracy of never being a Nuclear attack and it's all in our heads.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
If we put everything both trump and biden did, all the feck ups both did, nothing comes close to an ongoing genocide, so it's more than fair that people focus on the worst. Trump is human trash, no two ways about it, but biden is supporting a genocide and it's very difficult to imagine something worse. Trump may be more hawkish towards iran... is that worse than genocide? Trump may be more friendly to russia and twist zelenski's arm into conceding land... is that worse than genocide?

Every person will have different priorities, but this posture of looking at a genocide that has killed about 50k people so far , destroyed about 80% of livable areas and dislocated millions (not to mention the dozens and dozens of war crimes reported) can be brushed aside so easily as just one more thing in a list of foreign policy event. It is objectively the worst, so why on earth wouldn't people focus more on it?

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs

I dont have to see any world were trump urges restrain. I have 4 years of trump 2016-20 vs 3 years ana half of biden.and Biden had been way worse. So there is that. Is not being bright or not, there are comparable facts

Trump will do worse? Maybe, bus ao far wasnt worse and i cant see being worse than than

I'm not sure if you've been drinking for the CL matches today or just getting tons of typos but this is hard to read mate :lol:

The bolded bit though is apples to oranges because the Russian invasion and the Hamas attack + Israel response both happened during Biden's term. For me, I can't imagine a world where Trump would not have been significantly worse for foreign policy had he been elected in 2020 based on his 2016-2020 term (and that applies to Israel-Gaza, Russian-Ukraine, China, European security, etc).

That_Bloke

Supports
Leicester City
Basically this.

And I sympathise greatly on Gaza by the way, appalling situation and Biden could definitely have done better. I am just 1million% sure that Trump would be doing even worse in the same situation. Just like everything else he gets his hands on.
Yeah he would and that's not even close, despite Biden's horrific handling of the Gaza situation.

We partly owe Trump's policy in the Middle-East the tragedy of 10/7.

Revan

Assumptionman
While I think that Biden could have pushed Israel to be less cruel in Gaza and lower the number of civilian deaths, I don't have much doubt that Trump would have been far worse for the Gazans. Basically, would have given a carte blanche to Israel, while seriously threatening Iran and co to not intervene, which could have massively increased the number of deaths.

I think that Biden's foreign policy has been pretty shit, but I do not see a single point where Trump would have been better, and in most cases would have been far worse. As it is very often, if not always in the US, the election is between two bad choices. For what is worth, I think that Clinton has been the last good US president (Obama and Biden were good/ok internally but awful foreign policies, while the less we say about Bush and Trump, the better).

Cal?

CR7 fan
If we put everything both trump and biden did, all the feck ups both did, nothing comes close to an ongoing genocide, so it's more than fair that people focus on the worst. Trump is human trash, no two ways about it, but biden is supporting a genocide and it's very difficult to imagine something worse. Trump may be more hawkish towards iran... is that worse than genocide? Trump may be more friendly to russia and twist zelenski's arm into conceding land... is that worse than genocide?

Every person will have different priorities, but this posture of looking at a genocide that has killed about 50k people so far , destroyed about 80% of livable areas and dislocated millions (not to mention the dozens and dozens of war crimes reported) can be brushed aside so easily as just one more thing in a list of foreign policy event. It is objectively the worst, so why on earth wouldn't people focus more on it?
More Ukrainians have died in Putin's invasion which Trump is fully supporting, I don't think you can definitively say Gaza is worse.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
More Ukrainians have died in Putin's invasion which Trump is fully supporting, I don't think you can definitively say Gaza is worse.
Numbers only tell part of the story. What israelis have done to gazans is many times worse what the russians have done to ukrainians.

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
While I think that Biden could have pushed Israel to be less cruel in Gaza and lower the number of civilian deaths, I don't have much doubt that Trump would have been far worse for the Gazans. Basically, would have given a carte blanche to Israel, while seriously threatening Iran and co to not intervene, which could have massively increased the number of deaths.

I think that Biden's foreign policy has been pretty shit, but I do not see a single point where Trump would have been better, and in most cases would have been far worse. As it is very often, if not always in the US, the election is between two bad choices. For what is worth, I think that Clinton has been the last good US president (Obama and Biden were good/ok internally but awful foreign policies, while the less we say about Bush and Trump, the better).
A package of extra 14 bn to israel. Extra millions of sales bypassing the congress.

IDF tiktoking murders, brass, blowing up universities and houses

biden airdropping aid (failing miserably) instead of forcing getting trucks in

blocking any meaningful UN resolution till they dont and then they say is not binding

What more carte blanche do you want? Israel recieved full support

And sure trump would be worse. But i cant imagine how israel would destroy even more

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
A package of extra 14 bn to israel. Extra millions of sales bypassing the congress.

blocking any meaningful UN resolution till they dont and then they say is not binding

And sure trump would be worse. But i cant imagine how israel would destroy even more
We've reached a point where biden could nuke gaza and someone would say "yeah but trump would've also nuked iran and we would have ww3". It's impossible to win this game because regardless of how terrible biden is, someone will always imagine something worse done by trump, no matter how hypothetical it is.

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
I'm not sure if you've been drinking for the CL matches today or just getting tons of typos but this is hard to read mate :lol:

The bolded bit though is apples to oranges because the Russian invasion and the Hamas attack + Israel response both happened during Biden's term. For me, I can't imagine a world where Trump would not have been significantly worse for foreign policy had he been elected in 2020 based on his 2016-2020 term (and that applies to Israel-Gaza, Russian-Ukraine, China, European security, etc).
Again, if someone could be worse, is trump, but comparing both terms it wasnt like that. My opinion is that is difficult to do it worse because biden feck up every single conflict bar ukraine that he started in a good footing but he is weaning

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
We've reached a point where biden could nuke gaza and someone would say "yeah but trump would've also nuked iran and we would have ww3". It's impossible to win this game because regardless of how terrible biden is, someone will always imagine something worse done by trump, no matter how hypothetical it is.
I know, though i understand. Trump is deranges and corruptible. But biden has shown his evilness on what is happening in israel

Revan

Assumptionman

Biden is not the prime-minister of Israel, he doesn’t order Netanyahu what to do. While there is this perception that Israel is a puppet state of the US, that is not the case. Netanyahu himself for example, went before the US congress to criticize Obama. Israel in the past had entered wars without the US agreement (Suez crisis). So while he can urge Israel to be less cruel and bloodthirsty, he cannot make it happen if Israel does not listen.

Now, can Israel do worse? Of course they can. They can kill more, they can decide to not allow the aid to go there. Without US pressure, it is quite likely that they would have been even more aggressive.

While it is quite hypothetical, Trump showed in the past that he is an even bigger supporter of Israel. For example, he moved the embassy to Jerusalem and basically gave up in the two-state solution. Of course it is hypothetical, but there is no history of Trump to suggest that he would have given a shit about Palestinians and it is quite likely that even his rhetoric would have been far less balanced, which would have made Netanyahu more aggressive. Let’s hope that the war ends by next January so we do not find out.

atkar83

I know, though i understand. Trump is deranges and corruptible. But biden has shown his evilness on what is happening in israel
You do realize that Trump has said multiple times within the last month that Israel should carpet bomb (paraphrasing) Gaza. He isn't going to magically bring peace. Last time he put his son in law in charge of peace negotiations that didn't even include Hamas. Said it was job done and got a $2B (BILLION) bailout by the Saudis. But yes, Biden is somehow worse

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
Biden is not the prime-minister of Israel, he doesn’t order Netanyahu what to do. While there is this perception that Israel is a puppet state of the US, that is not the case. Netanyahu himself for example, went before the US congress to criticize Obama. Israel in the past had entered wars without the US agreement (Suez crisis). So while he can urge Israel to be less cruel and bloodthirsty, he cannot make it happen if Israel does not listen.

Now, can Israel do worse? Of course they can. They can kill more, they can decide to not allow the aid to go there. Without US pressure, it is quite likely that they would have been even more aggressive.

While it is quite hypothetical, Trump showed in the past that he is an even bigger supporter of Israel. For example, he moved the embassy to Jerusalem and basically gave up in the two-state solution. Of course it is hypothetical, but there is no history of Trump to suggest that he would have given a shit about Palestinians and it is quite likely that even his rhetoric would have been far less balanced, which would have made Netanyahu more aggressive. Let’s hope that the war ends by next January so we do not find out.
I know that is mot the israel PM, but if US would be really willing would be able to force israel hand. And instead, is just enabling them

And i agree, lets hope that the war stops asap, i dont want to know, because the same i believe that trump could not do worse, he would not do best either. I have 0 hopes with truml also

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
You do realize that Trump has said multiple times within the last month that Israel should carpet bomb (paraphrasing) Gaza. He isn't going to magically bring peace. Last time he put his son in law in charge of peace negotiations that didn't even include Hamas. Said it was job done and got a $2B (BILLION) bailout by the Saudis. But yes, Biden is somehow worse
And what do you think israel ia doing? Is carpet bombing gaza already. Trump would be the same bc is difficult to do worse. And being like trump doesnt tell anything good about biden

Abd his son in law getting 2 bn from saudis or jersualem embassy change 0 about the suffering of palestinians. Just benefits his son in law and the israelis

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Numbers only tell part of the story. What israelis have done to gazans is many times worse what the russians have done to ukrainians.
Uhm... dead is dead. Even beyond that there are the mass graves of Bucha and Hostomel, the countless cases of rape and torture, the deliberate targeting of civilians, the destruction of the Kakhovka Dam, etc. Your minimization of this as "numbers" is striking and your phrasing as such should maybe prompt a moment of reflection.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
Again, if someone could be worse, is trump, but comparing both terms it wasnt like that. My opinion is that is difficult to do it worse because biden feck up every single conflict bar ukraine that he started in a good footing but he is weaning
It's my opinion that with Trump you could easily see 20% more casualties. A genocide with 30k dead is worse than a genocide with 25k dead. I picked those numbers because they are round not to reflect actually death tolls btw.

And that's not even taking into account Ukraine, Taiwan, European security, etc.

Last edited:

Cal?

CR7 fan
How exactly? What has Israel done that Russia hasn't? Target civilians? Target infrastructure? Torture? Kill kids?

Both are terrible situations in different ways, but I haven't seen any reports of Israelis raping or kidnapping kids.

RedDevilQuebecois

This is going to be fun if this overall margin remains among female voters come November.

Courtesy of @RpsAgainstTrump on Twitter.

GiddyUp

I agree with the poster you are replying to.

TwoSheds

Is that unusual? Women are more left-wing than men on average, after all.
I think the degree is probably pretty unusual yes. If that poll is to be believed of course. They represent more than 50% of voters and the gap is seemingly 16%. The reverse would have to be more than true for men if turnout were equal. Surely 2/3 of men aren't dumb enough to favour Trump even if a slight majority are?

GiddyUp

In my opinion after living around magas they usually drop in to three categories.
Greedy and gluttonous with no care for other people outside your social class.
Super religious with a hard on for any false idol that will own the libs.
Dumb as dirt trash pretending to be intelligent because they live down conspiracy rabbit hole.

All three categories have no issue with sexual assault. They get all their information from the same cesspool that has misinformed them time and time again.They will also vote against their best interest over something as trivial as man wearing makeup or a Harry Potter book.

But to think Trump is superior on policy makes you a special kind fool. If you lived in the US or had any skin in the game you would fecking know an opinion like that makes you a look ill-informed on every domestic issue.