63% of Liverpool squad "asthmatic" - any substance to this article?

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
100% this Liverpool team are doping but it's a pure cover up job, something extremely unnatural with their levels of fitness and playing the same 11 every week without any injuries yet and playing more games then ever before
I've wondered this as well. They play so many games with the same 11. How Mane, Salah, Van Dijk etc. all look so fresh week in week out despite playing in midweek is strange.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
The only fair thing to do is to strip City and Liverpool off all titles won since 2015 and award them to the next available side that isn't City or Liverpool.

Congratulations to Spurs on their CL win and to us for our two or three additional league titles.

Mercurial

True sufferers of Asthma won't ever win anything if we are being perfectly honest here, if they have an asthma attack and take the Wada approved dose Salbutamol of 1,600 micrograms over 24 hours basically they will get a bit better during the day, kinda like from shit to less shit in their breething. That's equivalent of taking up to 8 puffs (8x200micrograms) of the blue spray spread out during morning to evening just to feel somewhat close to normal.

Most "Asthmatic" athletes take like 4+4 puffs in one or two go before the match, race or whatever and it just act like having massive adrenaline boost and blood flow increase in the lungs. X-country skiiers even take it through a nebulizer for that deep misty PEDilicious effect and perfect deep tissue distribution and cold climate recovery. Assuming the abundance of misfortunate athletes that suffer asthma, that usage also is a fully legal practice that taint any sporting events connected to VO2-MAX including football... Klopp must have taken a masterclass in ze gegenpress zweipunktnull from PedPep, he too has been plagued for years with same type of rumors.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
I've said this before and it always made me think when watching the looks on some of the 'Pool players.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
Who was that Spanish doctor that said he drugged Real, Barca and Spain?

I believe him. I expect City and Liverpool both cheat. We clearly don't because we're too bad to be cheaters.

crossy1686

career ending
Makes a mockery of Rio’s drug ban for missing the test, and then taking it the next day anyway.
It happens all the time, and I’m guessing by drug ban they also include recreational drugs in that statistic. The FA leave a lot of it up to the clubs to handle and they do internal bans then say the player is injured and out for a couple of months.

crossy1686

career ending
Who was that Spanish doctor that said he drugged Real, Barca and Spain?

I believe him. I expect City and Liverpool both cheat. We clearly don't because we're too bad to be cheaters.
Is that not the doctor Pep has taken with him everywhere and wanted to take to Bayern with him?

90 + 5min

Really wouldn’t be surprised if serveral of their players have a therapeutic use exemption for asthma. No smoke..
Transparency is leading word. Or lack of it. Same as when we discuss VAR and referees.

Why are they not giving out names of players involved is the main question? Why is it important to hide facts?

Corridor of Uncertainty

Maybe that Alan Moore bloke was right after all. He published the article in September saying they won't win the league as they'll need to cycle off, and be back on it for next season.

An interview with the guy here. Pretty interesting stuff

Last edited:

kps88

I've wondered this as well. They play so many games with the same 11. How Mane, Salah, Van Dijk etc. all look so fresh week in week out despite playing in midweek is strange.
Meh, I think this impression people have that they always look fresh and play high energy football is just a myth built up by people who don't watch them closely.

Klopp has been rotating this season; they played a second string in a CL quarter final just this week. And they have had a lot of games over the last couple of months where they have looked the opposite of fresh but they still manage to grind out results.

It's lazy analysis. People could have said the same thing about us under SAF. "How do Ronaldo, Rooney, Tevez, Rio, Evra etc. look so fresh week in week out despite never being rested?".

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Or only some people take them.
Which is literally cheating… it’s weird that you doesn’t bother you.

If it turned out that City and Liverpool had been systematically doping their players for the last 5 years and not only got away with it but actually were known to be doping and had it covered up instead… that would mean the likes of Chelsea, United and Spurs have been defrauded.

What would be the point of watching football if that was the case?

If the FA is covering it, it’s also likely to be those teams. They’re the English teams which have the most players in the national team and they’re the English teams who have represented the FA Premier League in the latter stages of the Champions League. It’s no surprise if the FA chose to protect their product.

Judas

Open to offers
I can't imagine not being bothered by it. It totally just makes a mockery of the whole thing and stops it being a level playing field. Either everyone is drugged up to make it even, or no one is.

Hopefully one day the truth comes out.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Anyone else not really give a shit about PEDs in sports?
It's just speculation right now, but if it turns out that players from both Liverpool and City are/were doping, would you be surprised?

The season Liverpool finished second to City with 90+ points is the biggest stand out for me. They played with an intensity rarely seen in football that year, and they managed to sustain that level for the entire season without picking up injuries. I remember being perplexed by it, and I wasn't the only one.

All joking and banter aside, there was/is something fishy about this Liverpool team.

Hammondo

Meh, I think this impression people have that they always look fresh and play high energy football is just a myth built up by people who don't watch them closely.

Klopp has been rotating this season; they played a second string in a CL quarter final just this week. And they have had a lot of games over the last couple of months where they have looked the opposite of fresh but they still manage to grind out results.

It's lazy analysis. People could have said the same thing about us under SAF. "How do Ronaldo, Rooney, Tevez, Rio, Evra etc. look so fresh week in week out despite never being rested?".
If they want to cry and make up conspiracies, let them. They only embarass themselves.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
It's just speculation right now, but if it turns out that players from both Liverpool and City are/were doping, would you be surprised?

The season Liverpool finished second to City with 90+ points is the biggest stand out for me. They played with an intensity rarely seen in football that year, and they managed to sustain that level for the entire season without picking up injuries. I remember being perplexed by it, and I wasn't the only one.

All joking and banter aside, there was/is something fishy about this Liverpool team.
I love it. Random, whatever drugs you're on this Easter weekend, take it easy. :lol:

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
Erm, yes. Completely unfair to those that do not take them. You may argue just let everyone take them but then you run into two problems:

1st) Is that teams with the best medical research team will have a disproportionate advantage.

2nd) Long term health consequences of those that become dependent.

Sorry, but it is completely unfair.

KeanoMagicHat

Ah it’s the speed that Man City and Liverpool play is something else… United never pressed like that or played with that intensity, for example a few years ago where Bernardo Silva ran like 13km and was still going at the end of the game with perfect passing and dribbling. It’s like what they said about the Tour de France when Lance Armstrong was going up the worst mountains in the Alps and didn’t look tired. You can choose to suspend your belief and continue calling it ‘unbelievable’ or ‘incredible’ or think hmm there’s something dodgy about this.

Pablo18th

The reason we are so far behind is that for past 5 or 6 years, both City and Liverpool's training methods have been consistently better than ours. Their players improve, ours decline.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
I'd be incredibly surprised if they're not all trying to get as close to the line as possible.

John Terry had daily injections of pain killers for an entire season a few years ago. If that's not a PED then I don't know what is. He got lauded for putting his body on the line for the club. Was he cheating? Maybe he was, I don't really care though.

kps88

Ah it’s the speed that Man City and Liverpool play is something else… United never pressed like that or played with that intensity, for example a few years ago where Bernardo Silva ran like 13km and was still going at the end of the game with perfect passing and dribbling. It’s like what they said about the Tour de France when Lance Armstrong was going up the worst mountains in the Alps and didn’t look tired. You can choose to suspend your belief and continue calling it ‘unbelievable’ or ‘incredible’ or think hmm there’s something dodgy about this.
And I'm saying they really don't play like that every game. Have you watched Liverpool and City over the last month apart from when they played each other? If that's them on PEDs, I'd ask for a refund.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
The reason we are so far behind is that for past 5 or 6 years, both City and Liverpool's training methods have been consistently better than ours. Their players improve, ours decline.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
And I'm saying they really don't play like that every game. Have you watched Liverpool and City over the last month apart from when they played each other? If that's them on PEDs, I'd ask for a refund.
You realise PED is less about being stronger and faster and more about recovery times and staving off fatigue which means maintaining mental sharpness?

Hammondo

Can I have a source for the 13km please.

kps88

You realise PED is less about being stronger and faster and more about recovery times and staving off fatigue which means maintaining mental sharpness?
Doesn't seem to be working with Salah then, he looks fatigued as feck. And why have they both rested key players in key matches just this last week if they have a magic cure for fatigue and recovery times?

beer&grill

Does anyone still believe that top athletes are not using PEDs? Can anyone say with a straight face that Ronaldo isn’t taking PEDs? Search for South Africa’s rugby world cup winning team dressing room photo and tell me one player who isn’t juiced up. Hell, we’ve had Adama Traore playing week in week out in the EPL and you don’t even need anything more than an eye test to see that he’s taking roids for breakfast. The authorities are turning a blind eye, roids are very much permitted so we can have 70 games a season. There’s only so much the normal human body can do.

GazTheLegend

Isn’t football the only sport at the Olympics that doesn’t drug test, says it’s because they have their own drug testing but more likely it’s because the whole lot are doping.
Remember the Russian team was allowed to compete at the world cup in 2018 despite evidence of state sponsored doping. It was a joke at the time and it's a joke now.

There is absolutely zero doubt in my mind that this is something every single football team pushes the limit on. I don't like to point fingers at any single team as I'm sure microdosing epo and testosterone is something EVERY team does.

Deery

Dreary
Remember the Russian team was allowed to compete at the world cup in 2018 despite evidence of state sponsored doping. It was a joke at the time and it's a joke now.

There is absolutely zero doubt in my mind that this is something every single football team pushes the limit on. I don't like to point fingers at any single team as I'm sure microdosing epo and testosterone is something EVERY team does.
Yeah it’s widespread, I also remember jokes about Carlo Ancelotti’s magical medical room when he was at Chelsea.

GazTheLegend

I'd be incredibly surprised if they're not all trying to get as close to the line as possible.

John Terry had daily injections of pain killers for an entire season a few years ago. If that's not a PED then I don't know what is. He got lauded for putting his body on the line for the club. Was he cheating? Maybe he was, I don't really care though.
Caffeine pills are commonplace and part of Liverpool's routine, they're definitely on the line. I'm sure you can feck up your body with enough caffeine. But it's obviously not against the rules exactly.

GazTheLegend

Yeah it’s widespread, I also remember jokes about Carlo Ancelotti’s magical medical room when he was at Chelsea.
That Russian team ran more statistically than ANYONE else at the world cup also ... I said as much and people were like "of course they do they're at home". The drugs people are on to deny what seems obvious to me are the scariest ones.

DickDastardly

Anyone else not really give a shit about PEDs in sports?
Totally behind this.

Jack them up, juice the feck out of everyone who's willing to do so.

Hell, do lines before kickoff for what i care.

Just give me great entertainment and zero hypocrisy.

None of this holier then thou bullshit.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Caffeine pills are commonplace and part of Liverpool's routine, they're definitely on the line. I'm sure you can feck up your body with enough caffeine. But it's obviously not against the rules exactly.
United use smelling salts pre match, caffeine pills is a well known pre match routine for most professional clubs as are Jaffa cakes bizarrely!

PEDs are most definitely in use, Leicester were one of the biggest users during their title winning season, the evidence was swept under the carpet.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Ah it’s the speed that Man City and Liverpool play is something else… United never pressed like that or played with that intensity, for example a few years ago where Bernardo Silva ran like 13km and was still going at the end of the game with perfect passing and dribbling.
Interesting fact: City are the team with the least amount of pressures in the league this season. Because while they press hard and effectively off the ball, their domination with the ball in the first instance means they ultimately end up pressing less than anyone else. Which goes some way to explaining how they manage to keep that energy level high.

The same is true for Liverpool to a lesser extent. While we think of them as being a manic pressing team, they have the 9th-least pressures over the course of the season.

Which isn't to say either aren't using PEDs, just that it doesn't neccesarily make sense to single those two thems out because of their style of play. A side like Leeds for example work a lot more than either. Ditto teams at the lower end of the table who are run ragged without the ball in every game.