A serious look at Mauricio Pochettino

youmeletsfly

One week he's a bottler, one week he makes dubious changes now he's a fecking legend. You never now with the CAF.

Fooza

So happy for him, that passion and tears at the end summed it up. I really hope we don't regret getting him.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
He's done an amazing job with Spurs.

Watch how he gets labelled a bottler again if a better (and better resourced) Liverpool side finally beat them in the final though. :rolleyes:

lambnchips

Supports
Tottenham
Seeing Pochettino in tears tonight was very inspiring as a Spurs fan.

Welbeckham

Should pull a Zidane if they actually manage to win it. Winning UCL with Spurs would be almost up there with winning it three times straight and winning PL with Leicester as the most miraculous managerial achievements recently.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
That Dortmund side almost won the CL, they'd have certainly had a decent go at it from 10-13.
I feel they would have a lot of fitness issues and fall short of both due to having a very limited team with regards to depth. That what is impressive of premier league team making the finals. They have a much hectic schedule.

I'm not a big believer in spending or not spending much meaning a lot these days. He has a very good team and that's surely down to a whole host of people finding and coaching them. It's definitely a good reflection on Spurs.
Yea it is, but you have to see the addition Klopp made this season. One of them won player of the season. I doubt without spending big, they would have been this successful. Pochettino is a Van Dijk and Alison Type signing away from having a much better team.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
After getting his lads to the final, people thinking he was ever going to leave spurs for us must be fecking bonkers.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Seeing Pochettino in tears tonight was very inspiring as a Spurs fan.
True. It shows the worth of a manager who shows belief in his players: they would walk through walls for Pochettino.

His man-management - his motivation - of players is incredible.

el3mel

Watching him crying after the whistle was kinda emotional. Mocked the hell out of him previously but that's a magnificent achievement and he's finally delivering.

ForestRGoinUp

True. It shows the worth of a manager who shows belief in his players: they would walk through walls for Pochettino.

His man-management - his motivation - of players is incredible.
Exactly. Around here and in the minds of the CO92 it's thought that all these modern players would run through walls for the club, when really it's down to the manager. Pep, Klopp and Poch have all shown that they can build teams who will go to war for them.

saivet

That would be too smart a move for our board.
That won't happen unless Ole walks, which he won't. We've put ourselves in a position where we have to stick with Ole for next season. It would also look terrible if the board changed their mind a few months later.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Even if we would try it why would he want to come to United. Stop it lads.
If you feel better to think that then ok. But it is just not true. Much more money for new players, new challenge for Poch, much much bigger wage for him. Oh yes, did i mention money?

cian68

Top managers have known to steer clear of United for years and it's gutting. Seriously think Poch was never on the cards

Ban

If you feel better to think that then ok. But it is just not true. Much more money for new players, new challenge for Poch, much much bigger wage for him. Oh yes, did i mention money?
I don't think he's all about the money. And despite money it would be a downgrade right now sadly. Our club is a complete circus right now. Why would anyone want to come.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
Change the tune mate, I see you think you’re some top red by backing our manager. He’s no where near the level of Poch, Klopp and Pep and never will be. He will he gone by November... quote me next season.
How about you fecking do one? Calling me a fecking top red. Its called giving a person time and not being a petulant impatient kid. I wont be quoting you in november either.

BlueHaze

How about you fecking do one? Calling me a fecking top red. Its called giving a person time and not being a petulant impatient kid. I wont be quoting you in november either.
Yikes. Calm down lads, let's not get toxic before pre season even started. :lol:

Sweet Square

I wouldn't bother, there are some absolute bell ends on here at the moment. Who's main goal is to fill up every thread about United being shite.

BlueHaze

Its been toxic since Fergie left. If you like spoiled children wanting change every 5 minuts then thats up to you. The rest of us wont put up with this bullshit.
I'm not taking any sides here I'm just not a fan of people going at each other for no reason.

Ban

No of course it was Joses fault, and LVG and Moyes now Ole.....do you see the pattern? Its like fecking cavemen trying to start a fire by banging rocks off their skulls.
4 months in and they already decided he'll be gone by Christmas.

predator

Youth NITK

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Yes, and that's been United's biggest problem … believing that money is the solution.

Pochettino turned down Real Madrid in the summer - as he himself has recently confirmed. There is zero chance he will come to United to play in the EL next summer.

Ban

Yes, and that's been United's biggest problem … believing that money is the solution.

Pochettino turned down Real Madrid in the summer - as he himself has recently confirmed. There is zero chance he will come to United to play in the EL next summer.
Can't believe it but I agree.