A serious look at Mauricio Pochettino

AneRu

Uh, is it not? Moyes failed miserably and hasn't recovered since, sacked, Van Gaal failed and hasn't been in football since, sacked, Mourinho did the best job so far before he got toxic as hell, sacked, if we continue on this path Ole will end up, sacked. For any young manager looking to come to us, they will be looking with trepidation at the lack of ambition of the owners, and the fact that no manager has lasted a few years since the retirement of Sir Alex. It's a poisoned chalice aslong as we have these owners.
I wouldn't call it a poisoned chalice even though things haven't worked out great since Fergie retired we still present a good opportunity for an upcoming young manager to make his name.

Even though we all think we could do better without the Glazers they do sanction some big money moves and approve crazy wages even to average talent - which is hurting us now but something which is critical in attracting and retaining talent.y

We have about 6 to 8 first team players that are good enough to form the core of a team that can fight for the title, one day. In Bruno, Pogba, Maguire, Rashford, Martial and Greenwood we have the base to build from with smart recruitment and a couple of projects a good coach can groom from the youth set up like Garner, Tuanzebe et al.

The problem we have is that we lack visionary leadership at executive level and they are likely to sabotage the manager through incompetence like we saw in 2018 and what could transpire this window where we fail to give the manager they additions he needs to entrench the team in the top four.

Tel074

I agree we won the league despite the Glazers but spending less than City and Chelsea 7 years ago is irrelevant to whether we can win now.

I'm saying you're wrong that we weren't successful after they took over. We won the league 8 years after that. Had that already happened by 2005?

I didn't say that but if that's the best you can come up with, then maybe you should avoid conversations.
No you quoted a post telling me I was wrong for saying the success was already there at United before the Glazers arrived .
Which again is the biggest load of crap I've ever heard .
So I will take a pass at discussion anything else with you because you are either deluded or slightly slow .

Like all the other idiots . Blocked !!

Tyrion

Totally comparable trajectory
Isn't it? When Mourinho came in, we'd been crap under LVG. He made us better and had a good second season. When Ole came in, we were crap and he made us better. He should be judged based on whether he gets the best out of the team. Mourinho did until he imploded. Ole mostly did last year. I'm not convinced he can again this year.

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I actually think Mourinho is doing a very good job so far....but goddamit I miss this man. He connected with the fanbase in a way not many managers do and in a way I don't think Mourinho ever will.

Though if he wins a trophy or two, perhaps I'll be eating my words.

I hope he achieves lots of success in his next job.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
United fans has suffered long enough. We need to get back to being United, and Pochettino can get us there. It has not just been this match, we have been shite for awhile with streaky run just saving us from embarrassment. last season we had the same point tally as Moyes, yet some fans see that as successful.

matt23

Should be here by our next game. Might not win anything but at least he can coach a fecking team.

Nick7

I think he’s a fantastic manager and a perfect United manager. I do not want him to take over this club now. We would ruin him like we’ve done with the past 4 managers by consistently fecking it when it comes to purchases, sales and renewals.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Yeah time to move for him.

Look at leeds, Everton, arsenal.

All brought in coaches that know what they're doing and they're bouncing.

tactically Ole hasn't got a clue.

passing-wind

This is always my issue, I'm not calling for Oles head now but the fact we play a poor standard of football was always going to catch up. I cannot think of one game under Solskjaer where the standard of football was enough to say that tactically and positionally we look viable

lilcurt

What's the point with this board though?

If Pick got top 4 they just won't invest properly until he drops out.

If we had gone and got the LB, CB and RW we needed this window the club would be in a different place!

VivaObertan

Transfer Voyeur
Insulting another member
United fans has suffered long enough. We need to get back to being United, and Pochettino can get us there. It has not just been this match, we have been shite for awhile with streaky run just saving us from embarrassment. last season we had the same point tally as Moyes, yet some fans see that as successful.
Someone ban this moron already.

SER19

We need a new manager, but like all the other times we needed a new manager, it doesn’t really make a difference. United are a business now, and like any business, when the culture from the top is uninspiring, unmotivated, pathetic leadership, that will prevail. If I was a top manager I wouldn’t come a million miles near United until new ownership.

Fooza

Get his coaching in, Ole is more of a technical director by the way he gets in the right players and knows the culture of the club but he is NOT a good coach.

crossy1686

career ending
Yeah exactly what we need.

A manager that made Spurs soft, to the point where Mourinho has told them to be cnuts over and over again and are now looking like a decent side. You want to bring him in to make us look shit and soft? Brilliant combination.

klayton88

From a mate.

Dressing room is awful according to Rashford’s agent/brother. I sat opposite him on a train a few months ago and he was having a very indiscreet conversation with another agent. At that time at least, Rashford wanted out and hated Ole - blames him for his back injury. The guy said no one would join because it’s known that it’s a horrible place to work. That seems to have been borne out this transfer window

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Get his coaching in, Ole is more of a technical director by the way he gets in the right players and knows the culture of the club but he is NOT a good coach.
Again that nonsense. You really think that Maguire, AWB and James are money well spent? Lets just stop trying to keep Ole in club. He got a chance, failed and that is it. Lets hire true DoF and Poch

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
A new manager won't make a difference. All our defenders are brutal
It's incredible how many people think a new manager will make our back four look like Neville, Evra, Ferdinand and Vidic. I'd love to have that level of optimism. I really would.

Bwuk

From a mate.

Dressing room is awful according to Rashford’s agent/brother. I sat opposite him on a train a few months ago and he was having a very indiscreet conversation with another agent. At that time at least, Rashford wanted out and hated Ole - blames him for his back injury. The guy said no one would join because it’s known that it’s a horrible place to work. That seems to have been borne out this transfer window

I can buy that actually.

shaky

From a mate.

Sounds like a load of nonsense. Player's willingness to join Utd hasn't been the issue in the transfer window. Everyone we've been after has wanted to join, if only the board pulled their fingers out and actually signed them.

Amadaeus

A manager that made Spurs soft, to the point where Mourinho has told them to be cnuts over and over again and are now looking like a decent side. You want to bring him in to make us look shit and soft? Brilliant combination.
If pochettino can achieve what he did at Spurs, we will be in a much more better position than any other United managers we have appointed post Sir Alex. Seeing United in the champions league final again and playing great football, will be a blessing. However, Pochettino will be backed much more than he was at Spur, so he will definitely be more successful as the world class talent he will have here at United, will take him over the line to win trophies. Plus poch side aren’t soft or shite :lol:

dannyrhinos89

This is always my issue, I'm not calling for Oles head now but the fact we play a poor standard of football was always going to catch up. I cannot think of one game under Solskjaer where the standard of football was enough to say that tactically and positionally we look viable

That's because there hasn't been one. I love Ole as a player but as a manager he just isn't it. Id be OK about our situation if I could see what direction we were going but I just can't because there isn't one.

Its like he just says to the players to go out and do whatever they want. There's just no gameplan.

EasyE

The Spurs side that kicked Chelsea off the park in THAT game were one of the most brutal I've ever seen. Soft is not what Poch teams are. Especially with the way he played in his own professional career.

Skills

Snitch
Last thing we need is a manager with another cult surrounding him.

Our next manager should be forced to do the job in a balaclava & put an NDA in everyone at the clubs contract. We can't let our creepy/weirdo fanbase fetishize another manager.

Member 90887

Of course it's you. Can you like piss off?

Fooza

Again that nonsense. You really think that Maguire, AWB and James are money well spent? Lets just stop trying to keep Ole in club. He got a chance, failed and that is it. Lets hire true DoF and Poch
You're right actually, his first year signings are starting to look rubbish. AWB is rubbish going forward and been suspect defending now, Maguire from Leicester was top, who has turned rubbish.

dannyrhinos89

What's the point with this board though?

If Pick got top 4 they just won't invest properly until he drops out.

If we had gone and got the LB, CB and RW we needed this window the club would be in a different place!

See i dont think we would, we have no gameplay ever. I think a better coach would get more out of these players.

crossy1686

career ending
If pochettino can achieve what he did at Spurs, we will be in a much more better position than any other United managers we have appointed post Sir Alex. Seeing United in the champions league final again and playing great football, will be a blessing. However, Pochettino will be backed much more than he was at Spur, so he will definitely be more successful as the world class talent he will have here at United, will take him over the line to win trophies.
What fecking evidence are you basing this on? You're living in a Pochettino fantasy.

spiriticon

If pochettino can achieve what he did at Spurs, we will be in a much more better position than any other United managers we have appointed post Sir Alex. Seeing United in the champions league final again and playing great football, will be a blessing. However, Pochettino will be backed much more than he was at Spur, so he will definitely be more successful as the world class talent he will have here at United, will take him over the line to win trophies. Plus poch side aren’t soft or shite :lol:
No he won't

Have you seen Ed in the transfer market?

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I'm not sure he's the right man for us but he's definitely miles better than Ole. So I'd happily take him. But that's the issue, we hire managers out of depression with or current state rather than a long term vision of developing the team. And from that POV you'd have to see whether Pochettino is the right fit. Ole, definitely isn't.

Amadaeus

No he won't

Have you seen Ed in the transfer market?
What fecking evidence are you basing this on? You're living in a Pochettino fantasy.
If Pochettino has the same amount of money spent from lvg, Mourinho and ole, he will be backed. I don’t see why the board will back these managers and not Pochettino with similiar amount of money. Plus if Pochettino wants to raise money, there is a lot of players in our team that can be sold for a hefty price.