A serious look at Mauricio Pochettino

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I have given up on being optimistic about coaching changes at United. I don't see us being contenders for years, decades. So why does it matter?

crossy1686

career ending
If Pochettino has the same amount of money spent from lvg, Mourinho and ole, he will be backed. I don’t see why the board will back these managers and not Pochettino with similiar amount of money. Plus if Pochettino wants to raise money, there is a lot of players in our team that can be sold for a hefty price.
We've got a bunch of players that aren't good enough for United, we've got a few that don't want to be here and you think giving Pochettino £100m and some imports from the Dutch/French 2nd division will get us back to the top?

Sure.

spiriticon

If Pochettino has the same amount of money spent from lvg, Mourinho and ole, he will be backed. I don’t see why the board will back these managers and not Pochettino with similiar amount of money. Plus if Pochettino wants to raise money, there is a lot of players in our team that can be sold for a hefty price.
Again, have you seen Ed in the transfer market.

If Poch does ever come here, he'll get Robben on a 1 year deal after spending the entire summer chasing Neymar or someone

lilcurt

See i dont think we would, we have no gameplay ever. I think a better coach would get more out of these players.
I 100% agree that Poch would get more out of these players. But the fact remains, the board will stop investing when we get top 4, so regardless of the manager our ceiling is the same!

Jacob

It''d be interesting to see what players Pochettino would put faith in. Not sure how he'd relate to Pogba for example.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
We've got a bunch of players that aren't good enough for United, we've got a few that don't want to be here and you think giving Pochettino £100m and some imports from the Dutch/French 2nd division will get us back to the top?

Sure.
:lol: these same players were on top of the league after the reset. We have a bunch of players here that are good enough for United, they just lack proper coaching. individual brilliance and luck can only take you so far, until you get found out.
Again, have you seen Ed in the transfer market.

If Poch does ever come here, he'll get Robben on a 1 year deal after spending the entire summer chasing Neymar or someone
our managers has been more supported than Pochettino was at Spurs. Pochettino will get more accomplished here at United than he did at Spurs, if he gets to rebuild United the same way he did Spurs. You don’t need to keep signing world class players to be successful. It helps, but a true manager ability is showcased by how well you improve average players you have. We saw that with what he did at Spurs with Kane, son, Ali, and much more. We are seeing that with other managers as well with Ancelotti with DCL, bielsa with bamford, klopp with Henderson, and much more other examples.

crossy1686

career ending
:lol: these same players were on top of the league after the reset. We have a bunch of players here that are good enough for United, they just lack proper coaching. individual brilliance and luck can only take you so far, until you get found out.
I wish I lived in your world where everything was binary.

Players and coaches are good or bad. Teams are either well-coached or poorly coached.

At any point are you factoring in the possibility of politics, headspace, and peer pressure variables? This window has been a disgrace and it doesn't matter who's in charge, we've seen teams play like this when something isn't right at the club. It doesn't matter how much they're coached if the club is at all-out war behind the scenes.

spiriticon

our managers has been more supported than Pochettino was at Spurs. Pochettino will get more accomplished here at United than he did at Spurs, if he gets to rebuild United the same way he did Spurs. You don’t need to keep signing world class players to be successful. It helps, but a true manager ability is showcased by how well you improve average players you have. We saw that with what he did at Spurs with Kane, son, Ali, and much more. We are seeing that with other managers as well with Ancelotti with DCL, bielsa with bamford, klopp with Henderson, and much more other examples.
Poch was well supported at Spurs since they have a fairly decent DOF and Levy who is a great wheeler dealer.

He won't have that structure to support him here.

Our scouting system is shite and our transfer team is beyond the pale.

BlueHaze

@Amadaeus Bring Poch in under this ownership and his career would end. He would be able to do feck all under them don't compare how spurs is ran to us they are miles ahead when it comes to key decision making.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
What's the point in him coming here? There is no money for him to spend.

A new manager needs 500ml+ like Klopp and Pep got.

Zoo

Poch is no sure thing either especially with the way United are run.

dev1l

This is a perfect opportunity for the Glazers and Ed to shift the blame.
Yes. 1-2 years down the line as soon as Poch honeymoon is over, toxics will turn their guns into Poch. Glazers sack Poch.
And the vicious circle we ve gone into, goes on.....
Glazers have learned to play out the toxics to their advantage. The toxics are too dumb to realise this

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Literally doesn't matter who the manager is, they will fail here under current circumstances. Some will just fail in a slower and more stylish way.

Re-arranging the deck chairs on the titanic. Might not hurt but we're still going where we're going.

passing-wind

Sure.
I disagree with this sentiment, we have a decent defence lacking one individual to partner Maguire who Ole opted for. One of the best midfields in the league, two world class (on form) individuals in their position and a very good backup in DVDB. Our forwards statistically were some of the best in the league last season. How much more money is going to change Ole's fortunes ? People saying we need 4-5 players have lost the plot.

My issue is this team under the hands of a more capable manager gives us a completely different approach to games and results. Solskjaer has done good job with recruitment, he's now getting to a point where his managerial standards are causing the stagnation. I'm not saying Poch should be the man but the idea towards this season is if things don't improve we will be look for a "man" come August.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Poch was well supported at Spurs since they have a fairly decent DOF and Levy who is a great wheeler dealer.

He won't have that structure to support him here.

Our scouting system is shite and our transfer team is beyond the pale.
Spurs spending was ranked 18th in the league when it comes to expenditure. He wasn’t supported. The board was more concerned about funding the new stadium, than building a team that is capable of winning thing. Even Pochettino openly criticized the board about that.

@Amadaeus Bring Poch in under this ownership and his career would end. He would be able to do feck all under them don't compare how spurs is ran to us they are miles ahead when it comes to key decision making.
We have never tried a modern progressive, forward thinking coach yet. I look at our football and it is clear to see that we aren’t a very good coached side. When you see managers at a lesser club, like even Brighton outplaying us, it becomes clear that our players aren’t being managed properly. If the ownership, give Pochettino the same amount of funds as Ole or Mourinho, plus allow him to implement his footballing philosophy into this team, I see him being very succes here.

Hawks2008

What's the fecking point, it's just another manager for Ed and his cronies to feck over.

The club is fundamentally fecked.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
What's the point in him coming here? There is no money for him to spend.

A new manager needs 500ml+ like Klopp and Pep got.
I don't think they do. This team is a lot better than it's showing. I know @Amadaeus takes a lot of flak for constantly bringing up Pochettino but can anyone honestly say with a straight face they don't think Poch would be getting more out of this team?

BlueHaze

We have never tried a modern progressive, forward thinking coach yet. I look at our football and it is clear to see that we aren’t a very good coached side. When you see managers at a lesser club, like even Brighton outplaying us, it becomes clear that our players aren’t being managed properly. If the ownership, give Pochettino the same amount of funds as Ole or Mourinho, plus allow him to implement his footballing philosophy into this team, I see him being very succes here.
But you just don't get it, it's that same exact ownership who have put us in this position to begin with. Almost 2021 and still two bankers running the club, still no DoF. Poch would only succeed under good guidance and leadership from above. They would be able to give him neither. Please understand it's not just about money, the issues run bigger than that.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Get him in now.

This season, regardless of transfer windows, he can implement his style on the team; getting us familiar with a progressive approach to football. That will be vital come next season instead of wasting this whole year.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
Like I said earlier it doesn't have to be Pochettino as the bar is very low if we're talking about finding a better replacement but United should prioritize getting a good manager over signing top players under the current manager.

Woodenlung

Pochettino is the obvious choice. Has a track record of improving players and getting a squad to perform to greater than the sum of their parts.

Or if we're being particularly adventurous then maybe we should make a move for Nagelsmann.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Pochettino is the obvious choice. Has a track record of improving players and getting a squad to perform to greater than the sum of their parts.

Or if we're being particularly adventurous then maybe we should make a move for Nagelsmann.
He will be at Bayern. Would rather get Rose.

Infra-red

He's a much better manager than Solskjaer and is available.

Ed generally doesn't like to tax his brain too much and nearly always goes for the most obvious option.

Reckon Pochettino will be in charge by Christmas.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Poch with the current transfer committee is a recipe for disaster. Spurs had an excellent scouting system that founded lot of young gems.

We absolutely need a DoF.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham

The leaks are starting to appear...
Look I think Poch could do well at United, but how the feck can any United fan not see this for what it is. The board fail Ole then leak stories about looking to go for Poch.... I mean its blatantly scapegoating Ole for their own failings. They will do the same to Poch and then scapegoat him.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Look I think Poch could do well at United, but how the feck can any United fan not see this for what it is. The board fail Ole then leak stories about looking to go for Poch.... I mean its blatantly scapegoating Ole for their own failings. They will do the same to Poch and then scapegoat him.
Abso-fecking-lutely. What an absolute piece of s*** Ed is. Disgraceful.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham

IT WASNT THE GRATER OF THE SUM OF THEIR PARTS! As a Spurs fan he blew chances to win stuff because he didnt regard smaller cups as important. He got us to finals, semi finals and a 2 horse race for a league and failed.

What i like about Poch is he has good track record of improving full backs, shaw and awb could do with his help.

ti vu

Poch at least shown, he can make do even without signing. He can coach to play decent football. It's better being lied at with this United way while destroying SAF legacy. Not only shit football in both result, and style is referred as United way; but also shit signings, and losing the pulling power of a big club in transfer.

Baxter

Wonder whether this is one of the reasons why United haven’t bought a Sancho. Woody’s probably been thinking about this for a while now.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
We all know that. It’s only the 4th time they’ve done it.

Greck

Am a fan. After dealing with Pro-Jose and (admittedly few) Ole cultists I always wondered when it will finally be my turn to be on the giving end. Looking forward to being a Pro-Poch Cultist on here. Get behind the manager, not a true fan, hasn't been backed and all those phrases will soon be my turn. Hurrah