A serious look at Mauricio Pochettino

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Poch could be able to name his price come christmas, which would be a good thing - he may insist on working with a proper DOF, and not some jumped up banker on a power trip.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Ole has a lot of quality in the squad, enough to do better than he has. That is an irrefutable fact, I think Poch can maximize much more with the players.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Look I think Poch could do well at United, but how the feck can any United fan not see this for what it is. The board fail Ole then leak stories about looking to go for Poch.... I mean its blatantly scapegoating Ole for their own failings. They will do the same to Poch and then scapegoat him.
Yup. May as well have briefed out the Director of Football thing again.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
What i like about Poch is he has good track record of improving full backs, shaw and awb could do with his help.
Does he? He was well timed with Walker and Rose, he was also at the helm when Rose fell to shit and preferred Davies over him. He signed Trippier then sold him when Toby and Tripper fell out. There is one player who was the most important to Poch and Spurs and was the main reason to why his team fell apart.

macheda14

Poch with the current transfer committee is a recipe for disaster. Spurs had an excellent scouting system that founded lot of young gems.

We absolutely need a DoF.
We are seemingly finding young gems now though (well it remains to be seen how the two new 18 year old wingers turn out).

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Does he? He was well timed with Walker and Rose, he was also at the helm when Rose fell to shit and preferred Davies over him. He signed Trippier then sold him when Toby and Tripper fell out. There is one player who was the most important to Poch and Spurs and was the main reason to why his team fell apart.
Exactly. He would be a failure with AWB. With Williams or Laird , yes probably.

Also how many transfers he has recommended? Foyth being Argentinian, was it his recommendation?

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
We are seemingly finding young gems now though (well it remains to be seen how the two new 18 year old wingers turn out).
Not talking about 18 year old ones. The ones about to break through. The current team would suit him except the right full back and central defender.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Exactly. He would be a failure with AWB. With Williams or Laird , yes probably.

Also how many transfers he has recommended? Foyth being Argentinian, was it his recommendation?
Yes. Poch is a good manager, i loved him but he was infuriating at times. He had major favourites and continued to play players like Dele when they should have been dropped. He is cryptic as feck also.

Julz10

Look I for one do not vouch for Ed or the glazers. However I do not want to hear anyone say ole has not been backed.

You don’t concede 11 goals against Crystal Palace, Brighton ( 5 posts ) and park the bus mourinho with a defence worth nearly 200 million. And 2 out of the 4 signing are ole’s... I don’t care if they had no pre season. That starting 11 are better then this. A good manager ( not past their best managers like LVG or Jose ) can get a lot more out of this squad!
The squad is starting to lose respect for the PE teacher. Do you really think any of them sit there and think ole will bring trophies to this club ?
No tactics just vibes
Bruno clearly papered over the cracks.

pull the plug and get him gone while there is still a chance to save this season.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Am a fan. After dealing with Pro-Jose and (admittedly few) Ole cultists I always wondered when it will finally be my turn to be on the giving end. Looking forward to being a Pro-Poch ******* on here. Get behind the manager, not a true fan, hasn't been backed and all those phrases will soon be my turn. Hurrah
It is not working that way. Believe me, i know. Backed Jose first two seasons, defended him (not in deluded way) and was ripped apart from most of posters. Now that same posters who wanted Jose out tell me that i am not a fan because i want Ole out (and Poch in). So confused i am. :houllier:

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
It is not working that way. Believe me, i know. Backed Jose first two seasons, defended him (not in deluded way) and was ripped apart from most of posters. Now that same posters who wanted Jose out tell me that i am not a fan because i want Ole out (and Poch in). So confused i am. :houllier:
Ok, question, what Poch's style of play to you, what wil h improve if he comes and how will he lead you to success?

ColvaleGoa

Woody and Ashton shitmongering again . Blame your failure's on Ole. Oleout fans don't worry it will be Pochout as soon as top4 is confirmed.

Greck

All i know is if you don't support my preferred candidate you aren't a real fan and need to leave

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Ok, question, what Poch's style of play to you, what wil h improve if he comes and how will he lead you to success?
We have the worst coach in PL who is not even PL material. I would even take Moyes back now instead of Solskjaer. But Poch is no1 wish. I like his man management and style of play. We have much better team that he had in Spurs. And with that team we play like small team. Sit deep and wait for counters. Without any progress in two years. I am sick of it. With Poch i will again enjoy in United games.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
This is seriously small-time and shameless from Woody to do this on deadline day when it's his failure that created this mess. They made out all along that top 4 = Sancho, Ole achieved his end of the bargain getting 3rd and they've shafted him big time instead. That's 3 managers on the bounce they've done this to now.

Why would Poch even consider coming here to work under these despicable owners? Anyone stopped to think about that?

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
This is seriously small-time and shameless from Woody to do this on deadline day when it's his failure that created this mess. They made out all along that top 4 = Sancho, Ole achieved his end of the bargain getting 3rd and they've shafted him big time.

Why would Poch even consider coming here to work under these despicable owners?
With Ed he will at least know that he is safe next two years no matter what:lol:

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
We have the worst coach in PL who is not even PL material. I would even take Moyes back now instead of Solskjaer. But Poch is no1 wish. I like his man management and style of play. We have much better team that he had in Spurs. And with that team we play like small team. Sit deep and wait for counters. Without any progress in two years. I am sick of it. With Poch i will again enjoy in United games.
Did you watch us in the first season under Poch? You have to remember he inherited a back 5, Lloris included, he also inherited Kane. Trust me I loved Poch and what he stood for but he is possibly the most stubborn coach I have seen, I think he would do well but it will not be a quick fix.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I'd take Poch and jump on the Ole out train if it meant we had a DOF to work with him.

If the plan is more of Woodward n Judge and just change the manager then I don't see anything changing much.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
This is seriously small-time and shameless from Woody to do this on deadline day when it's his failure that created this mess. They made out all along that top 4 = Sancho, Ole achieved his end of the bargain getting 3rd and they've shafted him big time instead. That's 3 managers on the bounce they've done this to now.

Why would Poch even consider coming here to work under these despicable owners? Anyone stopped to think about that?
A BIG fat contract and huge paid out after being kick out by Ed will do actually for any coach available in the market waiting for offer. Seriously.

Edit
the best thing is now everyone and his dog knows if the coach fail it is Ed's fault so it won't affect the coach's reputation.

Last edited:

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
I'd take Poch and jump on the Ole out train if it meant we had a DOF to work with him.

If the plan is more of Woodward n Judge and just change the manager then I don't see anything changing much.
Poch doesn't want a DoF. When Mitchell left, he got a new contract making him the manager. IMO Poch is waiting for PSG.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
A BIG fat contract and huge paid out after being kick out by Ed will do actually for any coach available in the market waiting for offer. Seriously.
Mourinho did get a decent payout for his troubles... but seriously i can't see why any up and coming manager would take us on. It's an impossible task under these owners.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Did you watch us in the first season under Poch? You have to remember he inherited a back 5, Lloris included, he also inherited Kane. Trust me I loved Poch and what he stood for but he is possibly the most stubborn coach I have seen, I think he would do well but it will not be a quick fix.
I remember his first season and your defence was one of the worst in the league the season before he joined. They were young and had potential, but he made them into what they were.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
I remember his first season and your defence was one of the worst in the league the season before he joined. They were young and had potential, but he made them into what they were.
He was dug out by Kane! And he made the team a possession team. What do you mean they were young, most were mature players. Poch's game plan was press and keep position, first season was sideways and backwards. We had probbaly the best first team for 2 seasons in the league and every time we got to win something we imploded.

cjj

Supports
Spurs
Poch could be able to name his price come christmas, which would be a good thing - he may insist on working with a proper DOF, and not some jumped up banker on a power trip.
See the below:

Poch doesn't want a DoF. When Mitchell left, he got a new contract making him the manager. IMO Poch is waiting for PSG.
To correctly slightly, I'm pretty sure Poch wanted rid of Baldini and then Mitchell came in, and either Poch wasn't keen or they fell out, because Poch moaned about a DoF again and they put Mitchell on gardening leave until he left.

Seriously, if there's any two single things that a BS about poch it's that he has any sort of agent or 'representatives', and that he would work with a DoF. I'm pretty sure he'd fall out with United even on the topic of keeping Carrick or McKenna (or, basically, anyone that isn't Jesus, D'Agostino or Jiminez) in the first team staff.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
See the below:

To correctly slightly, I'm pretty sure Poch wanted rid of Baldini and then Mitchell came in, and either Poch wasn't keen or they fell out, because Poch moaned about a DoF again and they put Mitchell on gardening leave until he left.

Seriously, if there's any two single things that a BS about poch it's that he has any sort of agent or 'representatives', and that he would work with a DoF. I'm pretty sure he'd fall out with United even on the topic of keeping Carrick or McKenna (or, basically, anyone that isn't Jesus, D'Agostino or Jiminez) in the first team staff.
Oh I agree, you take Poch u take all his backroom staff. And yes Poch is his own man, and I respected him for it.