Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Very good game today. On both sides of the pitch. But what the hell he was thinking during that free kick? First block, ok. But then run to your position, no need to trying thst again

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Nope, you get back in your position and argue from there. His man was standing there free for about 6 seconds and not once did he switch on.

what the hell was he thinking? School boy defending.
Players are allowed to cover for each other. Once AWB decided to stand over the ball, McT or Fred should have picked up the spare man. You can bet your arse a more defensively clued in CM would have.

Devil may care

Excellent assist and worked well with Rashford, also madexa big interception on a late cross, but was careless in leaving Grealish in acres on their goal.

thepolice123

Nope, you get back in your position and argue from there. His man was standing there free for about 6 seconds and not once did he switch on.

They were planning on taking the quick freekick he would not have made it back in time either way even after the first block. A midfielder should have covered him. Its just poor communication all round.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Bit hard for hom to go from being the man who recognised the quick free kick enough to block the pathway first with his legs before they took it a second time and picked out Grealish behind him when it should have been the midfielders who had picked Grealish out.

Anyway, seems like he works much better with an actual winger on the right and Greenwood's lack of form this season has possibly effects on him too.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
He was standing over the ball. He blocked one attempt at a quick free. If the other eejits standing beside him had taken the fecking hint we’d have been fine.
Question should be how did he end up blocking the ball. It was almost in the middle, there was a man on left wing . He should have been aware of that danger and covered that man. Ofcourse others are equally at fault but that was his man

Question should be how did he end up blocking the ball. It was almost in the middle, there was a man on left wing . He should have been aware of that danger and covered that man. Ofcourse others are equally at fault but that was his man
Because it was his foul?

And he saw Grealish free so played the smart move and blocked the quick free kick. Unforgivable that McTominay didn’t quickly then get over and cover for him, absolutely awful from his teammate.

How can you be this clueless in so many threads :confused:

If he lets them take the quick free kick, he doesn’t get 6 seconds does he ffs? 0.5 of a second later the ball is with Grealish and he’s 8 yards off still.

Kin ell man, think.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Players are allowed to cover for each other. Once AWB decided to stand over the ball, McT or Fred should have picked up the spare man. You can bet your arse a more defensively clued in CM would have.
Why should Mctominay need to leave central midfield to cover AWB at the right back position?! If he did his job in the first place none of that is an issue ffs :lol:

He didn't even block the ball he was standing there talking to the referee, then started running after the ball again like a lost dog when they moved it backwards. It's his mistake plain and simple. Stupid defending.
How can you be this clueless in so many threads :confused:

If he lets them take the quick free kick, he doesn’t get 6 seconds does he ffs? 0.5 of a second later the ball is with Grealish and he’s 8 yards off still.

Kin ell man, think.
Wtf are you talking about? go back and watch it again. You're the clueless one if you think that's good defending. And yes it literally was about 6 seconds by the time they took the free kick, and i'm not even exaggerating. Grealish must have thought he was wearing harry potters cloak.

Any defender worth their salt gets back in position and worries about arguing later. Let 1 of the midfielders or the wingers block the ball if needs be.

Answer me this, why would he need to block a quick free kick to Grealish, if he actually just ran back and marked Grealish in the first place? :lol:

Any defender worth their salt gets back in position and worries about arguing later. Let 1 of the midfielders or the wingers block the ball if needs be.
Couldn’t buy a clue.

How fast does a quick free kick to Grealish move? How fast does a player run?
The whole point of blocking a quick free is that you’ve sensed danger and you’re buying your teammates time to block the danger.

AWB can’t get back to Grealish faster than the ball, McTom can once AWB blocks the free. The second AWB moves, they play it and you see then how impossible it is for AWB to get back.

Adam-Utd

Couldn’t buy a clue.

How fast does a quick free kick to Grealish move? How fast does a player run?
The whole point of blocking a quick free is that you’ve sensed danger and you’re buying your teammates time to block the danger.
It's hardly a quick free kick if it takes about 6 seconds with the ref standing over it stopping them is it?

I swear you watch every game pissed up or something, if that was Pogba you'd probably get an aneurysm

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
Why should Mctominay need to leave central midfield to cover AWB at the right back position?! If he did his job in the first place none of that is an issue ffs :lol:

He didn't even block the ball he was standing there talking to the referee, then started running after the ball again like a lost dog when they moved it backwards. It's his mistake plain and simple. Stupid defending.
Wtf are you talking about? go back and watch it again. You're the clueless one if you think that's good defending. And yes it literally was about 6 seconds by the time they took the free kick, and i'm not even exaggerating. Grealish must have thought he was wearing harry potters cloak.

Answer me this, why would he need to block a quick free kick to Grealish, if he actually just ran back and marked Grealish in the first place? :lol:
Because, having conceded the foul, AWB is trying to stop them taking a quick free quick. At which point his team-mates should wake the feck up and cover for him. Defensive CMs cover for fullbacks all the time. It’s in the job description.

And what do you mean “he didn’t block the ball”?!? He literally blocked their first attempt at a free kick. He couldn’t do it again without getting booked but had bought McT more than enough time to cover for him. Or so he thought.

Adam-Utd

It takes 6 seconds because it’s being blocked man!!! The second no United players are blocking it, they pass it.

fecking hell man really?
Right. Watch this clip below

3 of them are tackling the same man, grealish is out wide left all by himself. The foul happens and instead of getting back into position he just hovers in the middle of the pitch for literally 5 seconds.

he then realises they’re trying to take the free kick so he tries to block it - then instead of getting back he tries to do it again and they pass straight through him.

if he had any common sense as soon as the foul happens he’d get back into position ASAP. To say that’s not a mistake is just baffling.

Because, having conceded the foul, AWB is trying to stop them taking a quick free quick. At which point his team-mates should wake the feck up and cover for him. And what do you mean “he didn’t block the ball”?!? He literally blocked their first attempt at a free kick. He couldn’t do it again without getting booked but had bought McT more than enough time to cover for him.
He seems to have made up his own reality so we’re wasting our time I think.

Adam-Utd

Because, having conceded the foul, AWB is trying to stop them taking a quick free quick. At which point his team-mates should wake the feck up and cover for him. Defensive CMs cover for fullbacks all the time. It’s in the job description.

And what do you mean “he didn’t block the ball”?!? He literally blocked their first attempt at a free kick. He couldn’t do it again without getting booked but had bought McT more than enough time to cover for him. Or so he thought.
Read my post above. If you watch that clip again and still think it happened quickly like that then I can't help you.

arnie_ni

It's hardly a quick free kick if it takes about 6 seconds with the ref standing over it stopping them is it?

I swear you watch every game pissed up or something, if that was Pogba you'd probably get an aneurysm
It only took that long because awb blocked their first attempt.

Adam-Utd

It only took that long because awb blocked their first attempt.
Watch the clip above between the foul and El Ghazi even getting the ball its 5 seconds.

If AWB can't get back into the RB spot in 5 seconds then I worry for him. That's the difference between conceding and not.

I tell you now Jose would be going absolutely mental if he did that under his management.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.

3 of them are tackling the same man, grealish is out wide left all by himself. The foul happens and instead of getting back into position he just hovers in the middle of the pitch for literally 5 seconds.

he then realises they’re trying to take the free kick so he tries to block it - then instead of getting back he tries to do it again and they pass straight through him.

if he had any common sense as soon as the foul happens he’d get back into position ASAP. To say that’s not a mistake is just baffling.
Ok, you watch that clip. Pause it at 9 seconds. AWB has just blocked their first attempt. He is right beside the ball and has no chance of getting to Grealish before the ball. Now look at McT. What is he doing? Who is he marking? Why is he standing fecking still, watching AWB try to stop the quick free kick.

At least AWB looks lively from the moment they get the freekick. He is at least trying to do something. McT is criminally unaware of what’s going on around him, standing around like a lemon. I like him but that’s an absolutely shocking bit of play.

Adam-Utd

Ok, you watch that clip. Pause it at 9 seconds. AWB has just blocked their first attempt. He is right beside the ball and has no chance of getting to Grealish before the ball. Now look at McT. What is he doing? Who is he marking? Why is he standing fecking still, watching AWB try to stop the quick free kick.

At least AWB looks lively from the moment they get the freekick. He is at least trying to do something. McT is criminally unaware of what’s going on around him, standing around like a lemon. I like him but that’s an absolutely shocking bit of play.
Sorry Pogue you'll never convince me of that. He shouldn't even be thinking of blocking it in the first place, that isn't his job at all.

Get back into position and mark your man, and that quick free kick isn't even available.

The whole reason he has to panic and try to block it is because he's been lazy and not got back into position in the first place.

To make matters worse he actually managed to block it the first time, then instead of running back he changes his mind and tries to block it for a 2nd time!

Then the just pass it straight through him :D

I thought he had a better game today overall and 1st half especially was a nice performance, but that was absolutely brainless. I really don't see how you can defend him after seeing that clip.

Mr Smith

It's ironic that one of his best games in ages in an attacking sense also coincided with a big defensive mistake. I think there are signs that he's improving though. Definitely still giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Had his best game for months and even got an assist. However he's got to take some of the blame for the Villa equaliser. He's basically left Grealish on his own to cross the ball in as he's busy talking with the ref.

Still don't think he's good enough for us but credit to him tonight. He played pretty well.

Walters_19_MuFc

Apart from switching off for Villa's goal, he was superb. Beautiful cross for Martial's goal and felt he could have had a couple more assists.

I always feel he's better when Rashford's on the right, too. Don't know if anyone sees this but because of Rashford's creativity, it allows him to make under/overlapping runs and get crosses in, as opposed to having to dribble past players to do so.

His defending, on the whole, was good yet again, especially his interception following Grealish's cross.

united for life

Watch the clip above between the foul and El Ghazi even getting the ball its 5 seconds.

If AWB can't get back into the RB spot in 5 seconds then I worry for him. That's the difference between conceding and not.

I tell you now Jose would be going absolutely mental if he did that under his management.
No one cares what Jose would’ve done. His man management was just appalling!

Yes, Wan-Bissaka is at fault there, he should’ve gone back and defended. I always praise his defensive attributes, but that was weak decision making. But guess what, it happens. Let’s not go mental on the guy. He made a mistake, it happens and it’s good we won the game. He’s learnt something today for sure.

let’s talk about his offensive display today. Great assist! He made some decent runs forward.

keep working on yourself Aaron, you’re doing well and will only improve

Yes, Wan-Bissaka is at fault there, he should’ve gone back and defended. I always praise his defensive attributes, but that was week decision making. But guess what, it happens. Let’s not go mental on the guy. He made a mistake, it happens and it’s good we won the game. He’s learned something today for sure.

let’s talk about his offensive display today. Great assist! He made some decent runs forward.

agree, and thought it was really poor from the interviewer who brought it up afterwards as well.

he needs to learn from today, but young players make mistakes.

Adam-Utd

Yes, Wan-Bissaka is at fault there, he should’ve gone back and defended. I always praise his defensive attributes, but that was week decision making. But guess what, it happens. Let’s not go mental on the guy. He made a mistake, it happens and it’s good we won the game. He’s learned something today for sure.

As I said, first half he was very good.

But you're only saying that right now because we got the 2nd goal very quickly. I guarantee you now if that goal caused us to draw the match there would be people baying for his blood right now! we can't afford silly lapses of concentration like that.

It was pleasing to see him run fowards way more though and put in a nice cross for Martial, need that from him a lot more often.

united for life

As I said, first half he was very good.

But you're only saying that right now because we got the 2nd goal very quickly. I guarantee you now if that goal caused us to draw the match there would be people baying for his blood right now! we can't afford silly lapses of concentration like that.

It was pleasing to see him run fowards way more though and put in a nice cross for Martial, need that from him a lot more often.
i personally would’ve still said what I said about him even if we’d lost the game. He is a good defender who’s improving and will only improve hopefully going forward.

the problem with some fans is that they get too emotional when making comments. We can not just focus on this mistake (yes it’s a mistake) and forget the overall work he’s done. You’re right, some fans would’ve hammered him, but that’s just wrong

Anustart89

@GifLord can you gif AWB's moonwalk at 56:58-57:00 there? :lol: :lol:

Much better in attack tonight. Actually running on to the ball and continuing his run forward as soon as he receives it makes it so much easier to get a ball in the box than stopping and then having to pass two players in order to get a cross in.

Status
Not open for further replies.