5.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
Should've had an assist but fecking hell he makes some of the stupidest decisions I've ever seen. Fouls in ridiculous areas. Don't even want to think about the time he passed it to De Gea who was going to pick up the ball, forcing him to clear it long and we lost it

acnumber9

Are we complaining about him again? Is it his fault we didn’t win? Created more than Bruno, Martial, Rashford, Pogba or Cavani.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Bad game, lost the ball due to poor decision making many times (especially first half). He should be seeing much less of the ball to be fair. Wasn't even good defensively with some stupid fouls around the box and passing to De Gea.

kiristao

Had a good game defensively as usual but an equally good game going forward which was surprising. Put in a few good crosses

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
I thought he was our best player today going forward he had energy and was unlucky not getting an assist. The whole team generally looks stale.

LJJT

Has some qualities but sadly he’s failing to meet the grade. Just utter crap on the ball. No confidence when he gets it, team mates have no confidence giving it him. Can’t play for man united with such huge limitations.

saivet

I think the fact so many consider that to be a really good performance shows the low standards we have of him. Thought he was okay, not terrible but hardly a good performance.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Are we complaining about him again? Is it his fault we didn’t win? Created more than Bruno, Martial, Rashford, Pogba or Cavani.
Yeah, AWB and Shaw has been our best performers lately. There is a clear agenda to blame AWB because he is a Ole signing so some people wont go back on that one.

acnumber9

I think the fact so many consider that to be a really good performance shows the low standards we have of him. Thought he was okay, not terrible but hardly a good performance.
He was considerably better than their right back. Who’s supposedly one of the best attacking full backs in the league. The narrative has been set though.

Dinghy

He's sees a lot of the ball but he just lacks quality in his passing and combination play. All that space he's got rarely leads to anything. One good cross doesn't mean he had a good game attacking wise, that's just silly.

RooneyLegend

He can't play, it's that simple. Makes the easy look difficult. Going nowhere with his level of quality.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I thought he was really good today, a bit silly to give that free kick away but spot on other than that. Linked well with the forwards which I think he’s been getting a little better at this season.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Should have had an assist for that Cavani/Martial chance. I thought he played decent.

Devil may care

He was our most dangerous player in the first half and tried to push Arsenal back in the second half while Rashford was AWOL.

RussellWilson

2020 NFC Fantasy League winner
I'm not a fan but he played well tonight. Won the ball high up a number of times and attacked better.

Sylar

Should've had an assist but fecking hell he makes some of the stupidest decisions I've ever seen. Fouls in ridiculous areas. Don't even want to think about the time he passed it to De Gea who was going to pick up the ball, forcing him to clear it long and we lost it
Yeah his footballing IQ is very questionable.

I mean he recovers well but there are times he brings it on himself. Some of the decisions were really stupid

And strangely enough though he was better going forward and unlucky not to get an assist

Dan_F

Wasn’t too bad today, definitely seemed like he pushed a lot higher than usual. Those couple of fouls on the edge of the area though. Really unnecessary.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
He was alright today. Made some crucial tackles and carried the ball with purpose.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Yeah, AWB and Shaw has been our best performers lately. There is a clear agenda to blame AWB because he is a Ole signing so some people wont go back on that one.
Interesting theory. You’d like to think people have more self respect than coming out with blatantly wrong stuff after a game because they’re too stubborn to shift from their prior agenda. You’d like to think it but spending years on redcafe does make you lose a little faith.

LJJT

I like him and I want to support oles recruitment but if he doesn’t get comfortable and reasonably good on the ball ASAP he isn’t going to make it here or deserve to be here. If team mates avoid him and opposition let him have it that says it all. His interview the other week gave an insight in to his personality and he’s a young lad but he’s playing at the biggest club in the world and he needs a serious confidence boost and needs to believe in himself

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Interesting theory. You’d like to think people have more self respect than coming out with blatantly wrong stuff after a game because they’re too stubborn to shift from their prior agenda. You’d like to think it but spending years on redcafe does make you lose a little faith.
The kid has proved himself, the fan response hasn't been brought back to a normal balanced level. Every real life United fan I know love Wan Bissaka and rate his consistency and importance. Sure he has his weaknesses but you come on here and read and you'd think he is the worst player in our backline.

NinjaFletch

The kid has proved himself, the fan response hasn't been brought back to a normal balanced level. Every real life United fan I know love Wan Bissaka and rate his consistency and importance. Sure he has his weaknesses but you come on here and read and you'd think he is the worst player in our backline.
I'd be very interested to know who you'd have him down as being better than out of Shaw, Maguire and Lindelof tbh.

His performances have been ok recently, much better than they were at any rate, and I think he's been one of our better players in the past couple of games, but I can't shake the feeling that this club is just a step beyond him.

kundalini

I thought he had a lot of good moments, as well as a few shockers. Failed to cut out a cross from the left then got in a super block to stop the shot. Stole possession high up the field that led to a Rashford shot. Decent cross for Cavani's late chance. Several poor challenges in our defensive third, booked for one, another foul near the edge of our area. His header well wide from Shaw's deep cross, didn't look likely to trouble their keeper even if it had been on target. Almost got on the end of another Shaw cross.

AshRK

He should attempt to cross more. I never like the fact he takes the ball forward and brunonor rashford instead of going forward with him , just ask him to back pass. They never give him the option forward. Another player who has to be told to cross more. Bruno should stop going deep everytime he has a ball.

Mr Smith

People are harsh, I'm seeing a lot of improvement from him. Still not elite in an attacking sense but getting a lot better, and again excellent in a defensive position.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
I see little improvement from him. He has good technique and passing, he just doesn't know what to do when attacking. Watching him run, then stop and pass is frustrating, so unnatural on the ball. He should never be used as an outlet on the right, let him defend but minimize his attacking contribution.

His best moments came when he won the ball up the pitch, Fergie would've played him in midfield against Barca.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I see little improvement from him. He has good technique and passing, he just doesn't know what to do when attacking. Watching him run, then stop and pass is frustrating, so unnatural on the ball. He should never be used as an outlet on the right, let him defend but minimize his attacking contribution.

His best moments came when he won the ball up the pitch, Fergie would've played him in midfield against Barca.
He literally created our best chance of the game. Arguably our two best chances.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
He literally created our best chance of the game. Arguably our two best chances.
Indeed, he is actually decent going forward, would probably look much better if we had an actual right winger infront of him

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
He had a few dodgy passes and laps in defence. But overall, I have zero complaint about both our fullbacks. Which is a rare thing to say last season.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
I'd expect any decent fullback to be able to cross, especially considering how much of the ball he saw today. I don't understand how can people be happy with that performance (overall- he wasn't even that good defensively).

He's not the biggest issue we have, good option I guess but I don't think it'd be that difficult to upgrade on him.

Ekeke

I'd expect any decent fullback to be able to cross, especially considering how much of the ball he saw today. I don't understand how can people be happy with that performance (overall- he wasn't even that good defensively).

He's not the biggest issue we have, good option I guess but I don't think it'd be that difficult to upgrade on him.
I cant understand how anyone could not be happy with that performance. He wasnt perfect, but he was good in defence and good in attack. Shaw and AWB created the most chances in that match and like usual AWB was our main ball winner. Arsenal tried hard in the 2nd half to overload his flank with other players that Pogba and Lindelof needed to track and help with, but no fullback is going to deal with 3 players playing triangles past him alone.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I thought he was our best player today going forward he had energy and was unlucky not getting an assist. The whole team generally looks stale.
I agree. Surprised at the criticism today but I think it’s become the vogue thing. He was far from our worst player today.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
I cant understand how anyone could not be happy with that performance. He wasnt perfect, but he was good in defence and good in attack. Shaw and AWB created the most chances in that match and like usual AWB was our main ball winner. Arsenal tried hard in the 2nd half to overload his flank with other players that Pogba and Lindelof needed to track and help with, but no fullback is going to deal with 3 players playing triangles past him alone.
I can't understand how can anyone be happy with that performance. He made mistakes in defence, at least two unnecessary fouls, felt asleep once on corner, and passed a free ball to De Gea which almost went past him. But lets assume he was targeted by opposition and did fine defensively all thing considered.

It attack he is almost useless, like I said he made one decent cross - something I'd expect ANY fullback to be able to do on this level. And he was probably the player with highest number of touches. His passing was a bit off today as well.

He was bad until McTominay went off, then he was a bit better but a good performance it was not.

I agree. Surprised at the criticism today but I think it’s become the vogue thing. He was far from our worst player today.
For sure he wasn't the worst, he just isn't a very good fullback and we're simply asking too much of him at this moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.