Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
There was a time last night when we attempted yet again to do this play out thing which starts with Lindelof panicking because an opponent is near him, passes to Bailly who doesn’t know what to do but gives a hospital ball to AWB. He’s closed down so quickly by 3 players that you think he’s fooked but actually he did a nice piece of skill to get himself out of it

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He was one of our better players last night for sure. Kept wide well, always provided a ball and worked well with Greenwood. A positive season overall from him, had growing pains and has plenty to work on but I’m looking forward to seeing how he develops. He should really be going to the Euros but I’m glad he isn’t.

AaronRedDevil

Was Wan bissaka banned from crossing? Great defensively but did jack shit in the attacking sense, like he didn’t even try to cross it once. It’s unusual, normally he crosses it.

Oldyella

I think it was positive in terms of getting forward, being more dangerous and an outlet. Obviously he can continue to improve (he's been doing that since being here IMO)

Think he deserves praise for not disappearing like many of his colleagues did
Yeah, one of a few who can hold their heads up.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I think it was positive in terms of getting forward, being more dangerous and an outlet. Obviously he can continue to improve (he's been doing that since being here IMO)

Think he deserves praise for not disappearing like many of his colleagues did
Oh yeah it was positive, could have done slightly better with his crossing but he's definitely got better at attacking in general as the season has gone on.

acnumber9

Surprised there is very little activity on his thread, only 4 posts regarding his display

Given a lot of criticism he's had I thought he did really well. The one moment I can think of that he struggled was when a cross field ball to his side went and he got caught under the ball and missed it completely.
It’s always quiet when Wan Bissaka has a good game. Doesn’t feed the narrative.

Leg-End

He’s grown into the role a lot more over the last 6 months I think, he’s still prone to the odd defensive positioning issue but he’s improved his forward game.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
Thought he was really good last night. Good commitment, work rate, defensively superb, supported the attack every time he could. He just needs to be more productive with his crossing and he'll be a top full back.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
The last 5 games roughly he has been better than Shaw in terms of attack

Ekeke

There was a time last night when we attempted yet again to do this play out thing which starts with Lindelof panicking because an opponent is near him, passes to Bailly who doesn’t know what to do but gives a hospital ball to AWB. He’s closed down so quickly by 3 players that you think he’s fooked but actually he did a nice piece of skill to get himself out of it
Yeah, see this is what I've always seen from him. When I first saw him play for Palace and he was doubling up down the flank with zaha he reminded me of zaha with being a bit tricky and not always looking the most graceful but being able to get past his man. Obviously not as good because hes not a winger, but a similar style who could do a little bit of the same stuff

BorisManUtd

I'm glad he's not in England squad, played basically non-stop last 2 years, time for him to rest until August.

Idxomer

He's actually quite good on the ball most of the time and much better at it than when he first came.

He also often gets the ball to Greenwood in good positions.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Yeah, see this is what I've always seen from him. When I first saw him play for Palace and he was doubling up down the flank with zaha he reminded me of zaha with being a bit tricky and not always looking the most graceful but being able to get past his man. Obviously not as good because hes not a winger, but a similar style who could do a little bit of the same stuff
He was a winger before he was converted just a few seasons ago so he must have some tricks up his sleeves! His lack of ability is completely overblown

Ekeke

He was a winger before he was converted just a few seasons ago so he must have some tricks up his sleeves! His lack of ability is completely overblown
Yeah, its due to him not being that graceful and a bit languid. It doesnt look pretty so people overlook the fact that its quite successful

Andersons Dietician

I think bar an obvious few errors he has finished the season looking quite promising. Long may it continue and hopefully he starts to cut out the lapses in concentration and positioning errors. He was good last night.

diarm

If he can learn to cross when attacking, and to keep track of his man at the back post when defending, he can be a top fullback.

Those are 2 big ifs though.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Dont get me started with this, every time I see two cbs sat on the corners of the 18 yard box and calamity Dave just rolling it out to them I want to scream!

A-man

Surprised there is very little activity on his thread, only 4 posts regarding his display

Given a lot of criticism he's had I thought he did really well. The one moment I can think of that he struggled was when a cross field ball to his side went and he got caught under the ball and missed it completely.
This game was not really a challenge for him defensively, it was more a challenge for our attack.

Zlatattack

He had a decent match. People see the chemistry between Shaw/Pogba/Rashford and expect the same on the right. It takes time, those guys have been playing together for 5 years. I think the team is trusting AWB more this season than they did last season. Hopefully if we sign Sancho the team will be compelled to switch the ball to the right more often. I think it'll improve AWB's game and our perception of him as a player.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
Decent game, good season.

Has to work on trusting his pace to get to the byline more and early/first time crosses.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Pressed heavily so Greenwood could perform his magic on the right. One of few positives yesterday.

One or two more years of collecting experience and he'll have quite realistic chance in becoming European level defender.

Sylar

This game was not really a challenge for him defensively, it was more a challenge for our attack.
But thats because he did well in terms of pressing high for the most part.

I think there are times when he gets criticism, sometimes its rightfully labelled (eg his lack of awareness when hes last man and not in line with the rest of defenders, or how hes vulnerable to crosses from the other side to his and he gets caught under)

But yesterday I think he deserves praise for helping to nullify the opposition and the shame is our attack was slow and pondering.

Denis Irwinning

Emery literally had them force us pass to AWB knowing he has the technical ability of a fish. Simply not a good enough full back for the modern game. People who think he should be in the England squad what are you watching? All 4 of the RB's are miles ahead of him. His crossing is unbelievably bad for a club of our level.

DoomSlayer

I'm happy with his growth this season. Much better on the ball, looks up to find players in good spaces, his crossing has also improved massively.

Needs to work on his concentration though, I think this is what his problem is when it comes to defensive positioning.

A-man

But thats because he did well in terms of pressing high for the most part.

I think there are times when he gets criticism, sometimes its rightfully labelled (eg his lack of awareness when hes last man and not in line with the rest of defenders, or how hes vulnerable to crosses from the other side to his and he gets caught under)

But yesterday I think he deserves praise for helping to nullify the opposition and the shame is our attack was slow and pondering.
Agree he was good, but just meant it was not really one of those matches where our defence were tested or under constant pressure.They had a few setpieces where one was a goal. In open play our defence handled them easily imo. DDG didn’t make one single save during 120 minutes. Overall this was a match where our attacking players were tested against an 8 defender strong defence.

Nick7

If he can learn to cross when attacking, and to keep track of his man at the back post when defending, he can be a top fullback.

Those are 2 big ifs though.
The back post thing is interesting to me. I’m not fully convinced it’s an AWB issue. I think it comes more from how our defence sets up. When one full back goes forward, the other tucks in but that leaves space at the back post of the opposition wide players because neither Greenwood nor Rashford track back much.

There was one point last night where a Villarreal player was dribbling forward in the centre of the pitch with Bailly and Lindelof backing off while they were basically getting a free run into the box. AWB had to go and challenge them cause neither CB wanted to. It left the Villarreal left sided player completely open. It was such an odd moment and I’m not sure what caused our defence to act like that.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Emery literally had them force us pass to AWB knowing he has the technical ability of a fish. Simply not a good enough full back for the modern game. People who think he should be in the England squad what are you watching? All 4 of the RB's are miles ahead of him. His crossing is unbelievably bad for a club of our level.
Well if that was Emery's plan then it wasn't a very good one. He was fine in possesion last night, I can't remember him making any bad errors and there wasn't much wrong with his crossing either. He put some good crosses in.

Status
Not open for further replies.