Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sylar

If we can get a buyer for him, that would be great but only if we have a RB backup in mind too

kundalini

Brilliant assist for Eriksen's goal. Was ok apart from that. Gave the ball away cheaply a few times. Lost concentration for a big chance for Burnley on the counter.

KjaAnd

Played better than expected but nowhere near good enough. Was at fault for Burnley’s biggest chance because he couldn’t be arsed to track his man.

cj_sparky

He did alright. Great assist.

Often find him far too casual, for one Burnley chance he was a yard ahead of the striker and within a couple of strides he was a yard behind. Luckily the chance was put wide.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I thought he was good. He’s not nearly as bad going forward as some on here would have you believe. I think it’s been his attitude behind the scenes that’s been holding him back. Ever since around the time of his driving misdemeanour and other personal stuff (if I remember correctly, I may be wrong) his game really fell apart. He lost confidence on the ball and looked sluggish off it. He was really good in spells before then. It’s nice to see ETH getting performances out of fringe players again and showing them a way back or least bolstering their value somewhat. DVB is a player too far though… it’s just not going to happen for him in the PL

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
He was good and I'm one of his greatest critics. If he can keep this up, he would make a fine backup

Back from injury and put in a good performance. Man of the match for me tonight. Looked back to what he showed in 19/20. Hopefully ETH can coach him further. These past 4 weeks have looked beneficial to him.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Like many he was a victim of having over half a season with Ragnick, he was never as bad as was being made out. Dalot's definitely overtaken him and probably isn't the long term answer himself but it's good to see AWB returning to the kind of form he showed when he was doing a pretty good job for us in his first 2 seasons

NewUser777

Great to see Spider-Man back! Would start him over Dalot any time of the day!

CM

He did well for the goal but I thought it was noticeable how poor he was on the ball in the build up. I'm not convinced he gets away with it against Premier League opposition.

He did control that one hospital pass from Dubravka quite well, mind.

Eli Zee

I think he is not good enough on the ball, not good enough with his defensive positioning or concentration, but he does have a hell of a slide tackle... even assisted with it basically

SAF is the GOAT

Don't know what you all talking about

Apart from the assist he was awful, every time the ball was in our defense's possession - most of the time they didn't pass him the ball and when we did - he got stuck and some times got the ball stolen from him.

Really hope that Dalot will be fit from the next game because if not - we are fecked

Last edited:

AndyMUFC

Played well tonight and put himself in the shop window. He's a good right back and will flourish in a team looking to drop deeper just like Maguire.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Great to see Spider-Man back! Would start him over Dalot any time of the day!
Still some way off that

Played well tonight and put himself in the shop window. He's a good right back and will flourish in a team looking to drop deeper just like Maguire.
I think on top of pushing further up we’ve just started to work an awful lot harder as a team and that’s helping everyone look better. Morale seems high now even with fringe players. I reckon a happy AWB can still contribute over the next season or two battling it out with Dalot. we definitely need to bolster the midfield, striker and GK positions more urgently.

Last edited:

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
To be fair he was not 100%, he was 150% due to all that saved up energy from not playing

Bondi77

I thought he was good. He’s not nearly as bad going forward as some on here would have you believe. I think it’s been his attitude behind the scenes that’s been holding him back. Ever since around the time of his driving misdemeanour and other personal stuff (if I remember correctly, I may be wrong) his game really fell apart. He lost confidence on the ball and looked sluggish off it. He was really good in spells before then. It’s nice to see ETH getting performances out of fringe players again and showing them a way back or least bolstering their value somewhat. DVB is a player too far though… it’s just not going to happen for him in the PL
Sounds like he lost his licence to play well:drool:

Valencia Shin Crosses

He's still going to struggle in building from the back because he's not a good passer and gets flustered under pressure, but it was nice to see him at least look comfortable dribbling past players (something he's actually not bad at).

He's totally not an ETH type player so I assume he'll be moved on soon enough but these performances will only help us in getting a decent fee back

Malone_Post

Apart from the assist he was awful, every time the ball was in our defense's possession - most of the time they didn't pass him the ball and when we did - he got stuck and some times got the ball stolen from him.

Really hope that Dalot will be fit from the next game because if not - we are fecked
Agreed. It’s amazing how one good moment can influence peoples opinion on a overall performance. He’s a horrific footballer who should be nowhere near a club like Manchester United. He’s clumsy & awkward on the ball, has absolutely no defensive awareness at all & spends most of the game just jogging back while the wingers sprint past him.

Devil81

No were not, Malacia will play on the right and Shaw on the left. It's Forest at home, we should dominate possession.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I really enjoy watching Wan Bissaka’s ability to get out of tight areas and team presses.

It always looks like he has no ability to do it whatsoever- but then he somehow does and it feels great.

Probably not good enough to the standard Ten Hag wants to build a squad - but I will miss some of his performances for us.

Oranges038

Decent performance, but he's still not anywhere near good enough and needs to go.

sugar_kane

Great game last night, very happy for him considering the flack he's taken.

For me his lack of attacking output is overstated - for sure, he isn't one of the best in the league at going forward but he's not terrible.

His bigger weakness is defensive concentration, so many times in the last couple of seasons he was caught sleeping or out of position leading to goals for the opposition. His ability to do showy slide tackles tricks people into thinking his defensive skills aren't an issue but this view is wide of the mark. Many of the best defenders in the world rarely go to ground.

If he can work on this aspect of the game he will be a very strong option at RB.

He is certainly no worse a back up at RB than Malacia is at LB.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel

For me his lack of attacking output is overstated - for sure, he isn't one of the best in the league at going forward but he's not terrible.

His bigger weakness is defensive concentration, so many times in the last couple of seasons he was caught sleeping or out of position leading to goals for the opposition. His ability to do showy slide tackles tricks people into thinking his defensive skills aren't an issue but this view is wide of the mark. Many of the best defenders in the world rarely go to ground.

If he can work on this aspect of the game he will be a very strong option at RB.

Its a bit off the mark to suggest his slide tackles are due to him not being good defensively. He's excellent in 1v1 situations and can shut some impressive wingers down on his day. Sterling and Martial couldn't get much joy out of him in games. He needs more football intelligence to be part of a collective scheme and he tends to lose his focus when he encounters players that make runs off the ball.

pascell

Attacking output? He majorly shurks responsibility when in possession and I'd say at least 85% of his passes last night were backwards.

Trash player that we grossly overpaid for and needs to be sold.

I didn't watch the game, but I often find the problem with his offensive game isn't getting forward, which he does, but rather actually combining and producing something while there.

sugar_kane

Its a bit off the mark to suggest his slide tackles are due to him not being good defensively. He's excellent in 1v1 situations and can shut some impressive wingers down on his day. Sterling and Martial couldn't get much joy out of him in games. He needs more football intelligence to be part of a collective scheme and he tends to lose his focus when he encounters players that make runs off the ball.
To be fair I'm not saying slide tackles = bad defensively. My point is the fact he is really good at those means many people think he is good defensively, because they're the most visible element of the defensive game. It's his broader lack of concentration and positional sense in the box which has cost us in the past.

It's very similar to people saying De Gea is a brilliant keeper because he is an excellent shot stopper while ignoring other less obvious weaknesses.

Status
Not open for further replies.