Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gazza

Im the only one I guess but it makes no sense to me. He is the only player not given a chance under Ten Haag and we have no other back up right backs. Is he great? No. But he' not that bad and could do a job as a back up in certain games.
Manager has decided AWB doesn't have the qualities to play the kind of football we want to play, it seems, and there's no coming back from that if that's the case. EtH probably sees any minutes given to AWB as taking away from a player who might have a future here (see Malacia playing at right back).

Oranges038

Im the only one I guess but it makes no sense to me. He is the only player not given a chance under Ten Haag and we have no other back up right backs. Is he great? No. But he' not that bad and could do a job as a back up in certain games.
Why? Technically he's rubbish, he can barely trap and pass a football properly. He spent his summer doing coaching sessions with a guy who primarily works with 10 year old kids ffs.

pascell

Too bad. He seems like a reserved young man, not a troublemaker.

He has the physicality and tackling technique to be at least a decent RB, and we don't have any decent sub RB. Sure Malacia can "play" there but he's just so average in there. There must be something going on, as ETH just seems to give everyone a chance.
He doesn't have the physicality, he relies on his recovery pace to get him out the hole because his positioning and awareness are piss poor. His jumping and "heading" are also embarrassing for a full back.

Don't get me started on his passing and crossing.

Abraxas

Well I guess that's where I differ. Wan B is a better RB than both of them
He's a more "proven" option than both of them, but mostly not in a good sense. By playing Malacia there, it could be useful as part of his development as he gets some experience even if he's not playing his best position so that's an opportunity cost of playing a failed player in AWB there.

I don't like it, I don't like playing centre halves and players on the wrong side at full back but I dislike AWB and what he offers just as much. You say he's going to press and has pace but that's based on athleticism, upstairs he lacks urgency, lackadaisical on the pitch and has never actually improved, so in my opinion those characteristics run counter to him doing so. Sometimes he doesn't even get back in position.

izec

He is a terrible football player really. Not fit enough to run up and down for 90 minutes, actually quite lazy in periods during games as well. Just a waste of money and time really.

Slide tackling and chewing merchant

AFC NimbleThumb

Thought you might have checked it out yourself before jumping on Ole :nono:
Ole was the manager when we bought Wan Bissaka. Wan Bissaka has been a failure. That goes against OgS’s tenure.

Not sure what needs checking there lad.

Now off you trot the Maguire thread to tell me more about the intricacies of Manchester Citehs finances.

Bondi77

Ole was the manager when we bought Wan Bissaka. Wan Bissaka has been a failure. That goes against OgS’s tenure.

Now off you trot the Maguire thread to tell me more about the intricacies of Manchester Citehs finances.
Done, hopefully it sinks in.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent

Despite saying by himself that Maguire was his no1 target and that he wanted AWB and Ronaldo, Ole bought only Varane and Bruno. Maybe Sancho too (depends what happens to him in future). All others are bought against his will. :angel:

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Might seem that way but I don't think it's true. Can't find the link now but I watched an interview with a Palace youth coach a while back where he said AWB was nearly let go because he was sulking and had a poor attitude before he went up against Zaha in training and did well as a RB.

There's also the driving ban due to speeding only to then continue to drive without a license. He's also posted on social media of himself and his friends on nights out doing laughing gas etc and then there was the cheating/baby momma drama.

It goes under the radar because you struggle to think of an occasion where he's communicated on the pitch.
Nah.. those things are not considered a troublemaker. Just a young man sometimes did brainless thing. Just like saying young players sometimes late to the trainings.

But you could be right, as I don't follow him closely.

He doesn't have the physicality, he relies on his recovery pace to get him out the hole because his positioning and awareness are piss poor. His jumping and "heading" are also embarrassing for a full back.

Don't get me started on his passing and crossing.
He's still useful for a few seasons. It seems to start under RR when Dalot was preferred. He never recovered from that. Which is weird because Dalot wasn't that good too, last season.

Last edited:

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Or is he another United player with mental health issue that need our full support?

led_scholes

I think he would do fine in Italy. He's no worse on the ball than Darmian and they seemed quite fond of him over there. Perhaps he can be a makeweight in a bid for a striker next summer.
Has he performed as well as Damian did vs Ajax? Darmian couldn't cope physically in the pl. Contrary to AWB, Darmian's positioning was not the issue.

NoPace

Manager has decided AWB doesn't have the qualities to play the kind of football we want to play, it seems, and there's no coming back from that if that's the case. EtH probably sees any minutes given to AWB as taking away from a player who might have a future here (see Malacia playing at right back).
The only mild surprise for me now that I think about is that he hasn't given him a game at CB and figured maybe he can put on 10 pounds and be okay there.

Was never going to play here, same as lots of players that a coach like Ten Hag or Pep would never want to play.

No idea why he wasn't sold our loaned out. Were Nottingham Forest not interested?

CloneMC16

The only mild surprise for me now that I think about is that he hasn't given him a game at CB and figured maybe he can put on 10 pounds and be okay there.

Was never going to play here, same as lots of players that a coach like Ten Hag or Pep would never want to play.

No idea why he wasn't sold our loaned out. Were Nottingham Forest not interested?
Reports were we were talking to Palace about a transfer in the summer. They only wanted to offer us £10m I think. I guess we turned it down.

I still would have played him when Dalot was out instead of Malacia.

Greck

Not really puzzling. Saw his 5 minutes in preseason and knew on the spot Ten Hag had confirmed he wouldn't fit. Saw pressure and booted the ball like a 4 year old. Probably even looks worse in training.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Not really puzzling. Saw his 5 minutes in preseason and knew on the spot Ten Hag had confirmed he wouldn't fit. Saw pressure and booted the ball like a 4 year old. Probably even looks worse in training.
Ole football

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees

That’s because anyone with eyes can tell putting a person who can’t defend properly at centre back is a terrible idea.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Great assist and decent overall. Of course, it may be because he found his level against this opposition.

twitter thread suggester
Great assist, but classic lazy tracking back which should have cost a goal.

Crackers

greasy ginfers
Looked solid on the ball today, but was still caught out a good few times without it.. His assist was brilliant.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Good game, less concerned about Dalot's hopefully short term injury now

Status
Not open for further replies.