Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Superunknown

Haven't missed him, in all fairness. I don't think he would bring anything to the team right now, except weaken it with his lack of attacking ability and overall technical play.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Is he eligible for DRC? If I were him I'd have declared for them to try and get game time by now.

UpWithRivers

Im the only one I guess but it makes no sense to me. He is the only player not given a chance under Ten Haag and we have no other back up right backs. Is he great? No. But he' not that bad and could do a job as a back up in certain games.

Abraxas

Im the only one I guess but it makes no sense to me. He is the only player not given a chance under Ten Haag and we have no other back up right backs. Is he great? No. But he' not that bad and could do a job as a back up in certain games.
Depends what you mean by not that bad. He's a footballer that can't handle the football and he's playing for Man United. I'd say that's pretty bad.

I sense he might not have responded that well behind the scenes as you would have thought he'd get a game by default to rest Dalot.

Cloud7

He is a footballer who by and large can't football. The exact point you made, that ETH sees the players in training and has given chances to everyone, means that what he is seeing from AWB is not even worth giving a chance to, and I agree with him. He is that bad and I have thought so for a long time.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Once again we have an armchair fan failing to recognise that while matches are all we get to use as fans to judge players, managers and coaches work with them on a daily basis.

He will be given the same opportunities in training as every one else and has clearly not proven that he could be trusted in an actual match.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
But people were saying he's the best defensive RB in the world.
He's very good at slide tackling, which seemed to trick people into thinking he's good defensively. He can only defend when the ball is directly in front of him.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I think he's our worst ever signing.
In terms of complete loss of value, I struggle to think of a worse signing.
We paid £50m for a £15m player.
That Palace were not willing to pay more than £10m in the summer shows how much they fleeced us.

Glorio

I believe there were rumours about him having a poor attitude in general off the pitch. Considering Garnacho was held back due to arriving late a couple of times (apparently), I can't see EtH condoning that sort of behaviour from someone who isn't all that special

edgecutter

Should go down as one of the worst signings we have ever made. What the feck were our scouts and ole thinking?

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
He's just not a modern fullback, isn't very good offensively and we bought him hoping we could turn him into that but failed. He'd do a very good job in a more defensive setup though.

This is ultimately the gamble you take buying a player with limited playing experience. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

UpWithRivers

Once again we have an armchair fan failing to recognise that while matches are all we get to use as fans to judge players, managers and coaches work with them on a daily basis.

He will be given the same opportunities in training as every one else and has clearly not proven that he could be trusted in an actual match.
No need for the insults. I said it makes no sense. Unless he is being disruptive I cant see how he can be that detrimental against the likes of Sherrif etc. Heck he would have been better than Malacia at RB.

phelans shorts

No need for the insults. I said it makes no sense. Unless he is being disruptive I cant see how he can be that detrimental against the likes of Sherrif etc. Heck he would have been better than Malacia at RB.
We have several years worth of evidence that this just isn’t true. Malacia was fine for the Fulham game (struggled first half, solid and controlled for the second)

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Whatever about how bad he is or isn't overall, he's probably the player within the squad least suited to the way ETH wants us to play. Which is almost as big a problem as being too bad to play.

Revaulx

Well we’re all armchair fans.

I wonder (pure speculation indeed) whether there are attitude issues alongside ability/suitability ones? Maguire clearly doesn’t suit ETH’s style of football, but he clearly hasn’t been frozen out. AWB’s total disappearance from the first team squad is something else.

UpWithRivers

Whatever about how bad he is or isn't overall, he's probably the player within the squad least suited to the way ETH wants us to play. Which is almost as big a problem as being too bad to play.
True but the same has been said about Maguire, Lindelof, Ronaldo, Rashford, McTominay and even De Gea and they all got games. Its a transition year and you make do. With a bit of coaching and adapting our style of play a little like we have with the other players why cant it work against the likes of Sherrif. It wont be pure Ten Haag ball but its been rare that we have seen that this season anyway

Abraxas

True but the same has been said about Maguire, Lindelof, Ronaldo, Rashford, McTominay and even De Gea and they all got games. Its a transition year and you make do. With a bit of coaching and adapting our style of play a little like we have with the other players why cant it work against the likes of Sherrif. It wont be pure Ten Haag ball but its been rare that we have seen that this season anyway
But what is the big advantage if he does play? I'm not sure why anyone would have a great deal of interest in AWB playing. We can punt Malacia, Lindelof out there and they do the same job for me.

UpWithRivers

But what is the big advantage if he does play? I'm not sure why anyone would have a great deal of interest in AWB playing. We can punt Malacia, Lindelof out there and they do the same job for me.
Well I guess that's where I differ. Wan B is a better RB than both of them

UpWithRivers

But he’s really bad at both attacking and the vast majority of aspects of defending, so how is he better?
Because he's a RB by trade. You could see it when Malacia played RB. His positioning was completely off. Maybe with a few games they could grow into the position but it would be a gamble. Wan B does have strengths as well as his weaknesses that everyone seems to forget. He's lightening quick and can defend well one to one. That can be an asset when we push high up especially if Maguire is playing. If you have a RW terrorizing us then I'd put my money on Wan B before either of those two to stop them. Thays just a fact. Yes he will then not defend balls in the box, not attack etc but most back up RB's will have weaknesses.

phelans shorts

Because he's a RB by trade. You could see it when Malacia played RB. His positioning was completely off. Maybe with a few games they could grow into the position but it would be a gamble. Wan B does have strengths as well as his weaknesses that everyone seems to forget. He's lightening quick and can defend well one to one. That can be an asset when we push high up especially if Maguire is paying. If you have a RW terrorizing us then I'd put my money on Wan B before either of those two to stop them. Thays just a fact. Yes he will then not defend balls in the box, not attack etc but most back up RB's will have weaknesses.
Straight off the bat, Wan Bissaka’s positioning is always way off too. Malacia actually was good in the second half against Fulham too!

I should have known him being useless for several years was Maguire’s fault

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Too bad. He seems like a reserved young man, not a troublemaker.

He has the physicality and tackling technique to be at least a decent RB, and we don't have any decent sub RB. Sure Malacia can "play" there but he's just so average in there. There must be something going on, as ETH just seems to give everyone a chance.

UpWithRivers

Straight off the bat, Wan Bissaka’s positioning is always way off too. Malacia actually was good in the second half against Fulham too!

I should have known him being useless for several years was Maguire’s fault
Good is a stretch. Better than his first half but you wouldnt be handing out any RB medals.

Chairman Steve

Should go down as one of the worst signings we have ever made. What the feck were our scouts and ole thinking?
Him and Maguire getting bought for that £130m figure will be up there as one of the most puzzling pair of transfers ever, especially when Solskjaer said he wanted to play with attacking full backs yet goes out and buys AWB, then buys Maguire despite saying he wanted to play a high line.

And a lot of people including me were asking that even when he was somehow getting the results.

Pass and Move

I think he would do fine in Italy. He's no worse on the ball than Darmian and they seemed quite fond of him over there. Perhaps he can be a makeweight in a bid for a striker next summer.

Eugenius

Zero point in sending him on loan. Either sell or keep him for cover. Weird to see people claiming Malacia can cover RB - he was last seen being roasted by 35 year old Willian there and didn't seem comfortable at all. AWB is definitely not good enough, but we know he can do a job as a PL level RB for all his deficiencies.

Based Adnan

Too bad. He seems like a reserved young man, not a troublemaker.
Might seem that way but I don't think it's true. Can't find the link now but I watched an interview with a Palace youth coach a while back where he said AWB was nearly let go because he was sulking and had a poor attitude before he went up against Zaha in training and did well as a RB.

There's also the driving ban due to speeding only to then continue to drive without a license. He's also posted on social media of himself and his friends on nights out doing laughing gas etc and then there was the cheating/baby momma drama.

It goes under the radar because you struggle to think of an occasion where he's communicated on the pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.