Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoo

We have two very good options at RB now and we need them both.

Long Time Red

He made an incredible tackle in the first half as well when he was left 1 v 1 from a corner I think, incredible performance.

Dalot will struggle to get his place back.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
People here will be in for a shock. He's had one full brilliant season before, still many more games better than Dalot and everyone is already writing him off. He's not the most composed passer but can dribble well out of many tight situations, his crossing is about on par, who looks more composed but hardly ever finds a men in the box anyway..

Think it will be a good fight with Dalot, both players need to push themselves. Shame it took Aaron this long to realise he has to take his head out of his arse..

dinostar77

Was very good tonight. I still think he would make a good centre back. That last minute tackle on zaha was immense.

mu4c_20le

I could watch that injury time tackle on repeat all day. The way he himself slams onto the ground makes it even better.

Malone_Post

I’ve been his biggest critic but he was absolutely fantastic tonight. He’s slowly saving his United career and he deserves a lot of credit for that.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Was great and his last ditch tackle salvaged us a point.

His improvement has been exemplary.

Red_Aaron

The reason we got anything at all from the game in the end - fantastic tackle on Zaha

He's a good age with very good defensive fundamentals - there's no reason ETH can't mould a very good player out of him

Really nothing to gain from him moving on when he's a great squad option

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
He was good tonight but the amount of ball he had, what did he create? Because a fullback for us, in a game like tonight, has to do more to create.

Yes we should've had a penalty, but we're not creating a lot from open play, and it's partly down to players like Bissaka.

FriedClams

Can someone please upload zaha comments about him in the post match interview?

sirAlexsglasses

Absolute beast tonight, and fair play to him for turning it around, if it wasn’t for him then we concede in the last minutes, what a tackle. I hope he keeps it up I really do…….immense tonight.

NK86

The reason we got anything at all from the game in the end - fantastic tackle on Zaha

He's a good age with very good defensive fundamentals - there's no reason ETH can't mould a very good player out of him

Really nothing to gain from him moving on when he's a great squad option
He just does not produce much going forward. His passing is average at best and his crossing is woeful. He had so much of the ball but could not produce anything of note attacking wise.

For squad options, we need to have a RB who can break into our team and not handicap us going forward. AWB is fantastic as always with last ditch tackles, but his overall play is still pretty much the same.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
He was good tonight but the amount of ball he had, what did he create? Because a fullback for us, in a game like tonight, has to do more to create.

Yes we should've had a penalty, but we're not creating a lot from open play, and it's partly down to players like Bissaka.
He used his movement, dribling and passing to create openings going from defence to attack. Just like he did against City before the Rashford goal. If you can't see how he contributes in a game like today, then just give up because. you're biased.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
He just does not produce much going forward. His passing is average at best and his crossing is woeful. He had so much of the ball but could not produce anything of note attacking wise.

For squad options, we need to have a RB who can break into our team and not handicap us going forward. AWB is fantastic as always with last ditch tackles, but his overall play is still pretty much the same.
In this game in particular, he did more than Shaw, less than Bruno yeah, but more than Rashford and a bunch of others..

KjaAnd

I've been very critical of him and still don't think he has the attacking abilities to start for us but I must admit he was incredible tonight. Kept Zaha in check, broke up their play, put in awesome tackles. My MOTM.

Bubz27

He used his movement, dribling and passing to create openings going from defence to attack. Just like he did against City before the Rashford goal. If you can't see how he contributes in a game like today, then just give up because. you're biased.
So bare in mind I said he's part of the problem.

Now tell me one clear chance that was created from the right?

Irwin99

Thought he was fantastic. I think Dalot (at his best) brings more of the style that EtH wants to play but I don't feel worried about the right flank when AWB plays when he's on this form.

Bubz27

he did more than Shaw,
Shaw, with one looping cross to Weghorst, created a half chance, qn opportunity for Weghorst to get an effort at goal.

I genuinely don't think Bissaka did that once? Brilliant defensively, mind. Zaha even said he looked around at the end, saw him and thought "Why him?".

justboy68

A genuine positive from tonight. Looking like a great option to have. The nice thing is Dalot and Wan Bissaka are both looking good now and also offer fairly different things so gives Ten Hag some nice options.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Shaw, with one looping cross to Weghorst, created a half chance, qn opportunity for Weghorst to get an effort at goal.

I genuinely don't think Bissaka did that once? Brilliant defensively, mind. Zaha even said he looked around at the end, saw him and thought "Why him?".
Look, I'm not going to explain the game we just watched all over again to you. You think AWB didn't make a cross that could have been a goal, I say he did that three times at least. First one I'm sure you remember because Shaw is the one who almost hit a volley.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
Back to doing the last ditch tackles, missed those and one of the best at them.

He's been class since the restart. Keep playing like this and Dalot may not get his starting spot back so soon

Bubz27

Look, I'm not going to explain the game we just watched all over again to you. You think AWB didn't make a cross that could have been a goal, I say he did that three times at least. First one I'm sure you remember because Shaw is the one who almost hit a volley.
That's fair, it was overhit but created a chance.

For some reason you seem really annoyed.

Let me ask a simple question, do you think Wan Bissaka is our starting fullback in 12 months? 24 months?

It's okay to say he had a good game, but he has deficiencies which have been glaring over his 3 or so years here. Maybe Ten Hag coaches him through it, maybe he just doesn't have that. Who knows?

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
He had a great tackle to finish off a bang average performance, every time he got the ball in the oppositions half he passed it to them, like if you were passing blindfolded you'd find a white shirt once.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
That's fair, it was overhit but created a chance.

For some reason you seem really annoyed.

Let me ask a simple question, do you think Wan Bissaka is our starting fullback in 12 months? 24 months?

It's okay to say he had a good game, but he has deficiencies which have been glaring over his 3 or so years here. Maybe Ten Hag coaches him through it, maybe he just doesn't have that. Who knows?
I'm annoyed as shit, that penalty man. I think AWB had a pretty good game offensively by his standards. I don't think this game is the best example as if to say - even when he's great he's not. It's just weird.

Bubz27

I'm annoyed as shit, that penalty man. I think AWB had a pretty good game offensively by his standards. I don't think this game is the best example as if to say - even when he's great he's not. It's just weird.
It's not just based off one game to be fair. This could be posted after the majority of games he's ever really played for us.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
It's not just based off one game to be fair. This could be posted after the majority of games he's ever really played for us.
He just had a great game though. Some acknowledgement of that is allowed, I think. He did create that chance too, so theres that.

Red Star One

One of the biggest positive surprises of the last two games - again I thought he was very good, few gorgeous plays I didn't know he was capable of. Proving to be a better option than I thought.

Roboc7

He’s playing well but I still think his lack of ability on the ball is an issue he won’t be able to overcome longer term. Won’t have any trouble selling him in summer though if manager does want someone different.

Status
Not open for further replies.