g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Aaron Wan-Bissaka image 29

Aaron Wan-Bissaka England flag

2022-23 Performances

View full 2022-23 profile

6.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

Yeah selling our in form RB… makes sense
Not that I agree with the poster who said we should sell Wan-Bissaka, but just to play devil's advocate here: isn't the reason we hardly ever get good money from our player sales is because we wait until they're out of form?

If a player isn't in the manager's long term plans then it makes sense to sell them whilst they're in form than wait until their form drops off a year later and resort to sending them out on loan just to get their wages off our books.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Class 45 mins from his last night. He’s outperforming Dalot, and his relationship with Antony down our right is really strong.

Okey

His main issues are

1. Defending back post(aerial) he has been aweful that has to be improved
2. Always(I mean always when ever i see) jogs back after loosing possession.
3. keeping the width and delivering a reasonable cross - he is not good at all and Antony being Antony who always cuts in we need someone who can keep the width.

And he had 6 months to correct these basic things, but haven't seen any development. Saying that Himself and Dalot kind of compliment eachother. Lets see what Liard is made of and then hopefully ETH makes right decision with these 3 players which I think will be right decision.
Well, Laird seems to be made of glass, to start with. Won't be much use to us if he can't stay fit, as we've seen with Martial.

OrcaFat

RB is a bit of a weak spot.

AWB is a good player. Not the most gifted on the ball but he is getting better. He gets forward more than he used to. I think ETH will hang onto him and develop him.

I doubt he will get to Shaw’s level. The point being that we need our right flank to be as good as our left and it’s nowhere near at the moment.

I have the feeling AWB will outlast Dalot but I think we’ll need to recruit to get the quality we need. Nobody springs to mind though.

Waynne

When this guy plays I know that right flank is locked down. What a transformation. First name on the team sheet for me.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
I remember everyone mocking him for those training videos during the summer but his dedication and willingness to improve is clearly paying off.

Djemba-Djemba

I still don't really think he's good enough to be first choice Utd full back, he doesn't offer close to enough going forward, but fair play he's done really well since he returned from injury.

Barely played at all pre World Cup and it felt like he'd be gone in January but he's knuckled down, worked hard and he's in good form now. He was brilliant in the cup final, completely shut down Saint-Maximin and marked him out the game. It's been a good comeback from him.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Not that I agree with the poster who said we should sell Wan-Bissaka, but just to play devil's advocate here: isn't the reason we hardly ever get good money from our player sales is because we wait until they're out of form?

If a player isn't in the manager's long term plans then it makes sense to sell them whilst they're in form than wait until their form drops off a year later and resort to sending them out on loan just to get their wages off our books.
We are not a club that needs to sell players who are doing well. He improved a lot and to replace him with a much better player will be tricky

Ole'sattheWheel

If his development like this continues under eth, do you think he’ll get an England call up at some point? He should be right up Southgate’s alley with his 1v1 defending. He has such a unique skill set

Idxomer

I know most people think he was frozen out before the world cup but officially he was injured.

rooney2009

If his development like this continues under eth, do you think he’ll get an England call up at some point? He should be right up Southgate’s alley with his 1v1 defending. He has such a unique skill set
Yes I think so, especially if they are planning for the future.
The only English right back I would have ahead of him is James
Trippier and Walker are getting on a bit now.

quadrant

Loving the return to form of AWB. I don't think he's a long term first choice RB for us, but I don't think that's the plan. Dalot will be given time to prove himself there. AWB just needs to be a decent backup for us, and I think he fits the bill perfectly. He has different strengths that complement Dalot in the squad, giving us better options for different phases in games. His injury record has generally been excellent until this season, he'd only missed 12 games in his senior career at both United and Palace, half of which were illnesses rather than injuries. So Im willing to give him the benefit of the doubt on his injury this season. The most important feature of a backup player is that they're available whenever you need them.

Last summer I would have said RB was a priority area for us. But first, Dalot showed that his ceiling has raised, and now, AWB has shown that he has more in his locker than just sliding tackles. I don't think we need to worry about RB at all in the next transfer window, which saves us a few million quid we can put to other use.

My one complaint is the number of times he gets caught out by players running from behind him at the back post to convert crosses. That's a consistent weakness in his game and one that can be fairly costly at times. I hope that good coaching and better communication from his teammates can drill that out of him.

LARulz

Sign someone new who can dominate that side.
Name a player. It's all well and good saying that but there needs to be someone realistically that we can get. I may as well say sign someone who can score 40 goals a season

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Why? What makes you right and others wrong.

Not every full back needs to be a wing back.
What ? There is nothing personal here. Our right side is still not functioning properly. We are a team on the up. We need an option who can dominate on the ball.

Sell him when the stock is high and get some money back.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Name a player. It's all well and good saying that but there needs to be someone realistically that we can get. I may as well say sign someone who can score 40 goals a season
Wtf - why should I name it ? If I can name a player which people don't know , I wouldn't be behind a keyboard .

You can say whatever you want. No one is saying anything about it.

Scottynaldinho

I think he's not good enough for United even of he puts world class performances for the next 10 years.

Am I doing it right?

NoLogo

It's actually a minor miracle what the current coaching staff has been able to do with him. I think they actually fixed his dribbling. Before ten Hag's team came in he ran in such a strange manner that I was half expecting him to fall flat over the ball any second and they completely fixed that, his posture while dribbling and running with the ball has completely changed, I wouldn't have thought that possible.

Blood Mage

He's an amazing defender but you just get the feeling Ten Hag wants more from his full-backs as an attacking force. I think if Dalot can recapture his pre-world cup form he'll get his place back as he's just better technically.

ti vu

Just a thought. What if training with AwB regularly changed our attackers approach? It's too difficult to beat him 1 vs 1, so they get too used to pass around.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Malacia has been crap at attacking even though he looks like he can attack - he doesn’t really do it.

He seems more aggressive as a defense minded fullback than an attacking one.

The only reason I can see AWB going is if Ten Hag goes to buy a CB that can also play RB alike Kounde or Timber - which stops the need for him to have AWB as a defensive fullback that can block the LW like Barcelona try to do with Kounde or the other young defender they had when trying to control Rashford’s potential to attack from the left.

Bondi77

Glad he is back on track and has justified his price tag.
Great to have two class options at RB.

Status
Not open for further replies.