Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

CloneMC16

So he's been injured last season aswell? Because he barely played for Rangnick aswell
Rangnick benched Shaw for Telles. He also said we needed to replace the whole team to compete. ETH has shown Rangnick was wrong about many things.

We will see what happens now both AWB and Dalot are fit. I think both have done well, and would be worthy of starting.

Last edited:

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Rangnick benched Shaw for Telles. He also said we needed to replace the whole team to compete. ETH has shown Rangnick was wrong about many things.
Rangnick never benched Shaw. Shaw spent almost the entire time Rangnick was here either injured or ill. The only time he had a run of fitness (the month of February if I remember correctly) he started every game bar one where he was rested.

ETH has already replaced four of our starting 11, with one other squad player and two others on loan, and I think most would agree we need an absolute minimum of at least three more. That's not that far off the 10 new players that Rangnick said we should be signing (and it should be noted he said we should be signing those players over the space of a few seasons, not all at once). He was definitely wrong with some things, but not as much as some make out.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts

We will see what happens now both AWB and Dalot are fit. I think both have done well, and would be worthy of starting.

This tweet reminds me of the Harry Maguire one with the aerial duels won from last season when he was absolute bobbins.
Also Rangnick was pretty much right about the team needing to be replaced. How many players did we bring in and how many more do we need to?
In
Martinez - 1st team
Casemiro - 1st team
Malacia - rotation
Antony - rotation
Eriksen - 1st team
Sabitzer(loan/permanent deal?) - rotation

Out
Ronaldo
Lingard
Bally
Pereira
Mata
Matic
Chong
Pogba
Cavani
Telles

Still need to be sold which i pretty much doubt they'll be
Maguire
McTominay
Fred
AWB
Jones
van de Beek
Elanga
Greenwood

We still need at least 3-4 new players
RB, CM, DM, ST

Fahad Jawaid

Why does he keep letting the ball go across his body in the hope there is no one there and he can run on to the ball, it just shows a total lack of spacial awareness.
Yeah twice he did the same and both times he lost possession in dangerous areas, he looked very poor first half but improved second half. He gives us ball carrying ability which gets us up the pitch, as compared to Dalot which I find very underwhelming in this regard.

Based Adnan

It's been obvious he isn't good enough since that Leipzig game where he made Angelino look like prime Roberto Carlos

Sylar

People seriously go OTT eh? Not being United quality doesnt automatically mean youre 'championship' quality.
And using Rangnick as a point is flawed when the dude came out saying Rashford is free to think about leaving in the summer if he wants (rather than he will be a key player for Uniteds future).

Have you ever thought why we can't sell our players?
I dont know why im doing this.... but...

Wages on top of value. If the players werent on as high wages as they were, we would have an easier time selling them. Theres a reason people want to loan our players (and have wages covered too), rather than out right buying them from the get go.

IhabX7

Isn’t it his first game at such an intimidating stadium? He’s fine for United and with confidence he’ll be great for us even on occasions like this one. Should be a fan favorite but somehow isn’t.

Jeffthered

Still worry about him... he has improved, but he has to work, work, really work at his game. Similar to Fred, a lot of it is mental, a lack of awareness, anticipation.. he has to rely on his athleticism far, far too much, and that isthe sign of a limited defender. But ETH is working with what he has. I prefer Dalot in the team. We may lose the pace and natural aggression, but we gain composure, and more quality.

El Zoido

Isn’t it his first game at such an intimidating stadium? He’s fine for United and with confidence he’ll be great for us even on occasions like this one. Should be a fan favorite but somehow isn’t.
He’s always got a massive error in him. It’s not exactly endearing. He’s 25 now so needs to start ironing that out of his game fast. Just seems like a concentration/awareness issue so I don’t know how possible it is to fully resolve. To his credit he’s been excellent since he came back in to the side, but defenders need absolute consistency.

IhabX7

He’s always got a massive error in him. It’s not exactly endearing. He’s 25 now so needs to start ironing that out of his game fast. Just seems like a concentration/awareness issue so I don’t know how possible it is to fully resolve. To his credit he’s been excellent since he came back in to the side, but defenders need absolute consistency.
He corrected his errors himself. He made a couple of mistakes yesterday of course but he’s been brilliant for a while.

jackal&hyde

He is poor on the ball, a weak point to the team against opposition pressing, poor at defending the back post, goes ball watching in the box against aerial duels, has been here for 3 years. Fan favorite? He should feel lucky there is a positive vibe only because he showed half competence on the ball in recent times even though he is responsible for key goals conceded(City, Arsenal just to name two).

jackal&hyde

He corrected his errors himself. He made a couple of mistakes yesterday of course but he’s been brilliant for a while.
Must have been 3 times in last game alone he lost possession in key times. Got away with it, unlike against City and Arsenal. Brilliant..

thomas porter

i think he's done brilliant to come back and play fairly well but he's simple not good enough on the ball to play at the level we want. Needs to be sold and replaced in the summer.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Sancho as false 9 & Wan bissaka as a sweeper would be fun to watch.

romufc

Newcastle bought him for 12M, we paid 50M for Wan Bissaka
I don't get the point of this?

We bought AWB in 2019 and Newcastle bought Tripier last January. Are you suggesting we should have waited 2 years to buy a RB?

Bosws87

Id persevere with him, you could easily go out and get another defender that is better at attacking but you would really struggle to find a better defender that can defend 1 on 1.

He has the hard part which is solid 1 on 1 defending just needs to expand on going forward if he could be half as good as trent at attacking he would be a fantastic right back and the better overall player.

I think in the last 4/5 games he has been one of our best performers, last night he was guilty a few times of just leaving huge spaces for alba but considering the environment and pressure benefit of the doubt.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
It's an odd thing about football fans.

Like a player = overlook every mistake they make

Don't like a player = overlook everything positive and focus ONLY on the mistakes

Based Adnan

Id persevere with him, you could easily go out and get another defender that is better at attacking but you would really struggle to find a better defender that can defend 1 on 1.

He has the hard part which is solid 1 on 1 defending just needs to expand on going forward if he could be half as good as trent at attacking he would be a fantastic right back and the better overall player.
Defending 1v1 is a small part of defending. He is still poor positionally and weak at dealing with balls to the back post. I wouldn't call him a strong overall defender.

Bosws87

Defending 1v1 is a small part of defending. He is still poor positionally and weak at dealing with balls to the back post. I wouldn't call him a strong overall defender.
He's the best we have at right back by a long way dalot is not the answer, give the lad a chance hes been brilliant since his return, we are beginning to see players actually improve under a coach this hasn't happened since Fergie.

romufc

I get the defending 1 v 1 part but the reason he has so much 1 v 1 defending is because he puts himself in those positions by either bad positioning or poor play for himself.

I have seen some people get gassed over his tackle on Alba, fair enough was a good challenge but it could have been avoided if he didnt let the ball run and let Alba onto it.

romufc

He's the best we have at right back by a long way dalot is not the answer, give the lad a chance hes been brilliant since his return, we are beginning to see players actually improve under a coach this hasn't happened since Fergie.
He is nowhere near the best RB we have. He hasn't been brilliant since his return either, he has been good.

Alot of chances we concede come from his side, either be it by him losing the ball, losing his man or just him being in a very poor position.

2 goals V Arsenal were down to him sleeping.

Bosws87

He is nowhere near the best RB we have. He hasn't been brilliant since his return either, he has been good.

Alot of chances we concede come from his side, either be it by him losing the ball, losing his man or just him being in a very poor position.

2 goals V Arsenal were down to him sleeping.
From the stadium watching him week in week out and i can tell you he has been brilliant for most of the games hes played in since returning, not perfect but a massive improvement to the mess that he was under Ole.

Oranges038

There are positives in that as well if you look for them.
No there ain't.

If a player, particularly a defender constantly having to recover his own mistakes. That is a major problem and it proves he ain't gpod enough.

Long Time Red

Oh dear, so Wan-Bissaka was the most progressive fullback on the pitch last night, talk about ruining the narrative of some on here....:lol:

It really speaks to how well Ten Hag is coaching him.

He played an excellent ball down the line to Bruno in the first minute last night (at 0:17 in the highlights below) and I can remember thinking at the time I'm not sure he attempts that type of ball at any other point in his Man United career:

tomaldinho1

Been decent this season and it's like the hyenas were waiting for some mistakes to come and bombard this thread. He made one error which really put us in danger (but he recovered to tackle) and had some nervy moments although he was actually decent offensively. There were a few bad errors from senior players, Casemiro caused their second goal and Fred had some awful moments but it was a game against a good opponent and an away leg in Spain where we're always crap. It does make a difference to Dalot/AWB when Antony plays as well, I'm excited to look back at the end of the season and assess how players have done because as it stands there are a lot of positives across the team.

IhabX7

No there ain't.

If a player, particularly a defender constantly having to recover his own mistakes. That is a major problem and it proves he ain't gpod enough.
I don’t know about constantly. He was flawless for a fair few matches in the premier league over the last couple of months.

Oranges038

I don’t know about constantly. He was flawless for a fair few matches in the premier league over the last couple of months.
He was at faullt for goals in 2 of the biggest games against City and Arsenal.

Tommy79

In one sense (attacking) he has improved a bit compared to before, but it comes at a cost, as watch him closely, and you will see he ends up in the middle of the oppositions box and then when a team counters he just strolls back and for some fecking weird reason keeps running back into Rafa spot, as even last night Rafa kept pointing at him to get the feck out onto the wing rather than just doing what he did and left it too Bruno.

Greck

It was a bad performance for large parts and average for the rest. We went through this with Dalot on the weekend. If one can't even admit the occasional bad outing then they need to slow down. The backpost thing also needs sorting. It's legit scary how cheap some goals come in the midst of what is usually a solid stretch of defending. It's legit gamebreaking.

We also seem to now be conceding a fair amount of cheap goals from very defendable crosses in the year. Many against teams that aren't even known for their aerial prowess. We do an amazing job frustrating teams trying to break us down only to concede to some nonsense desperation cross. While not always his primary assignment the ballwatching does nothing to mitigate the problem.

Last edited:

jesperjaap

He has a fe flaws I wonder if will ever be improved on even under the current coaching.....as it come across anyway as liek a chips loose, concentration or dare I say laziness gettign into position sometimes.....

But he is better going forward and with the ball than given credit for, he isnt a world beater but he isnt awful like veryone says at all, I think that side of his game is very much overly slated, Dalot is no better going forward yet seems to get lauded?

For me Bisskas weakness is positioning, defending crosses and intitially recieving the ball,,,,IF and its a big if he could improve on this and just play the ball mroe simply, he woudl be a fantastic right back as people can say its him gettign himself in trouble makes his 1 on 1 good, and there are times this hapopens, but generally absolute nonsense.... 1v 1 he is one of the very best in the world and playign against the best sides in the premiership and Europe this is why I pick him every single time over Dalot.

If anyone is sold its DAlot....but regardless of who is sold, who are people looking to replace either with? Livaramento looked a fantasti prospect but wasnt palyin gweek in and week out and has had a serious injury, Gusto also looks a fantastic prospect yet for me at least follishly has chosen to go to CHelsea.....what other young right backs are huge potential signins rather than big gambles?

Mas Risky

The probability of Dalot to become a permanent first choice in his national team and highly sought after RB in 5 years from now is higher than AWB.

He is capable to play on both sides of the pitch and in the midfield.

Ronaldo himself praised Dalot for his professionalism.

I will keep AWB just for a reason that he will make Dalot even better.

NoPace

I wouldn’t even say Lindelof is championship level, catch yourself on lads
Yeah that's madness. He walks into a starting job at Fulham, Brentford, Palace, Forest, West Ham, Leeds, Everton and Bournemouth, that's 40% of the league and then you have lots of teams where he'd be a really useful #2 like Liverpool (go ahead, sub him in for TAA) and Newcastle (be nice to rest Trippier more as he's older and so vital for them).

I thought he did okay against Barcelona, though they way they line up with Gavi quite narrow means that you'd hope your RB can cause a lot of trouble against them, though he had a couple good moments.

Fabio Rochemback

Like Fred, he's a good squad player that we paid way too much money for. I don't see much point in moving him on unless someone is willing to pay over the odds.

Status
Not open for further replies.