View full 2023-24 profile

5.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Ekeke

Better going forward than half our attackers and some good contributions defensively. None of our players were perfect and neither was AWB, but the best of a fairly average bunch

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
Looked good tonight. His improvement in 2023 has been fantastic to see considering he looked like he was heading out the door.

ClassOf'99

Crazy turn around from being one of our worst signings and players to one of the best

Idxomer

He was MOTM till the goal. After that, he went to sleep and stopped tracking runners.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Such an underrated player.

Some people will never rate him because of him seeming like he has no technical ability.

They are just waiting for his next mistake which may come in 2-3 months time.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
PotM for me. Lost the ball a couple of times and as @KjaAnd said jogged back in that situation, but he offered so much more attacking-wise than the supposedly better one on the left side and won plenty of important aerial duels in the box.

Last edited:

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Great assist and a nice cross in the first half which led to probably our best chance up until the goal. Guess he's not totally useless in attack after all!

Lecland07

He is a great player; I still think he could be one of the world's best in his position.

Adding creativity to his game with an assist. If he manages to start racking up assists, possibly a few goals, I just don't see many better than him. He would have both the defensive and attacking sides close to nailed.

Another season of improvement and he could be incredible.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
When he is further up the pitch and the opposition go past him - people see that he is jogging back.

It doesn’t happen throughout the whole game.

Just happened once or twice today and mostly in the late second half.

His back post heading has improved.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Best attacking option today. Amazing how a player can improve himself, and take his chances from the manager, that clearly have some belief in him.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I swear ten Hag must be spending all his XP on AWB’s stats.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
His off ball defending makes me want to punch a wall, but he was actually quite dangerous in the final third and that was a great assist. More of that and we can survive this year with him as our starter.
I get what you are saying, but also I think him being who he is gives him some leeway in defending out there. Most attackers wont even take him on even if he leaves a lot of space out wide. Yeah sometimes I feel he could put more pressure on their winger instead of tucking in, but realistically the winger is probably thankful he doesn't get close. So in effect AWB doubles up inside to keep the defence tight. Yeah, it might not pay off every time, like when the midfield leaves us too exposed like today but in a numbers game I'd say its worth it. But I do get what you're saying, it looks kinda lazy at times.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
Crazy turn around from being one of our worst signings and players to one of the best
It's only what hysterical people here made out of it. He had some loss of form but written off way too early. MOTM and long may it continue, Should sell Dalot who's not good at anything and replace him with a real competition.

Valencia Shin Crosses

I get what you are saying, but also I think him being who he is gives him some leeway in defending out there. Most attackers wont even take him on even if he leaves a lot of space out wide. Yeah sometimes I feel he could put more pressure on their winger instead of tucking in, but realistically the winger is probably thankful he doesn't get close. So in effect AWB doubles up inside to keep the defence tight. Yeah, it might not pay off every time, like when the midfield leaves us too exposed like today but in a numbers game I'd say its worth it. But I do get what you're saying, it looks kinda lazy at times.
It's less that and more his failing to track runners. I don't mind him giving space but he has a bad habit of losing runners in behind or getting caught playing someone onside. Again, I'll deal with it if he can contribute in the final third and is his normal dominant 1v1 self.

Long Time Red

Clearly some people are never going to give him credit regardless of how well he plays.

saivet

He was generally fine but think we'll continue to struggle in the build with him and Varane on the right side.

CloneMC16

Our best player. MoTM. Good assist. Something he gets criticised for not providing. He has played very well under ETH. Great to see.

Trex

Could have gotten two assist with the cross for that Rashford header as well. He offered the most forward drive more so than any other united player today.
I voted him man if that match. I think only him, Varane and Onana had decent performance.

DavelinaJolie

Thought he played really well, quite surprising Inthe attacking phase at times. Had a few Bambi on ice moments where he lost the ball in his flailing legs, and faded towards the end. But yeah. Pretty decent.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
It's less that and more his failing to track runners. I don't mind him giving space but he has a bad habit of losing runners in behind or getting caught playing someone onside. Again, I'll deal with it if he can contribute in the final third and is his normal dominant 1v1 self.
Yeah I agree with that. Now being 25 I do like his development since coming into this team. He has a lot of different strengths now but I agree that his main weakness is tracking runners. I've seen him do it so to me, it seems like one of those things he switches off at because it's less harmful than not developing other areas. He might put it all together at some point, but I think being more well rounded is more important imo, than that particular flaw of him switching off at times. One thing I'll never say about Bissaka is that he quits or doesn't take his job seriously, so it's really just what he considers to be his job in the realms of his limitations as well as his abilities. I think he is capable to track runners, but might be switching off that due to more attacking minded thoughts. I think that's quite normal for wingers, so it could affect him as well.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
That's what you take from it?
They seem to enhance the bad even if it's the good, and the definitive end of all things from the bad when that happens. It was a beautiful precision lob into Varane to be fair, with a real technical execution that some of these people claim they've never even seen. So hey they didn't see it this time either.

Long Time Red

They seem to enhance the bad even if it's the good, and the definitive end of all things from the bad when that happens. It was a beautiful precision lob into Varane to be fair, with a real technical execution that some of these people claim they've never even seen. So hey they didn't see it this time either.
These people don't watch other teams play.

It's as if there are loads of right backs out there that are unbelievable on the ball, create loads of chances and don't make defensive mistakes.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
These people don't watch other teams play.

It's as if there are loads of right backs out there that are unbelievable on the ball, create loads of chances and don't make defensive mistakes.
Yeah. I'm a huge fan of Reece James and even someone like him has his struggles. AWB provides a lot of great things, I for one is really happy to have someone like him. Not only do they not watch other teams play but.. I mean, it's a huge step up from Young, Valencia, Rafael, Oshea, even Neville in terms of speed, agility and one on one duels. I'm not sure I've ever been really satisfied with us filling that position but AWB is both entertaining to watch and you can rely on him. That right there tick most boxes for a United player, and in his position it would be silly to not be grateful to have him, imo.

Marwood

One of the few who is athletically top level.

On top of that his confidence is getting better and better which was always his main problem. Some authority to his game now.

Walters_19_MuFc

Easily our best player, which was pretty much the same during pre season. Was he perfect? No, but certainly our bright spark today. Nice to see him get an assist too. Hopefully, man more to come.