View full 2023-24 profile

5.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

redcucumber

I've been a vocal critic of his but after the second goal (on which he should have done better), he was completely dominant. Streets ahead of Dalot now.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
He consistently looks like one of our most composed players on the ball... Which is... surprising?

mavradal

Was at fault for both goals and also missed an easy assist to Martial, very poor match from him.

chay chay okocha

At fault for the second goal, and pretty indefensible in the way he attacks that cross (what is he even trying to do?). That said, really good after, especially in possession. One thing that I think hasn't been said is that he does seem to understand his tactical role really well (where to be positioned in each attacking phase, what to do with the ball quickly etc.), especially in relation to the rest of the team, who seem to make incredibly poor decisions throughout matches so far.

Idxomer

Can't be a good performance when he was at fault for both goals.

CG1010

Showed his good and bad today. His biggest weakness is defending in the box and he was responsible for that 2nd goal and generally weak in the defending towards the end. But he has improved a lot when we have the ball

edgecutter

RB is still a position that needs sorting. AWB had his moments but that first goal not even attempting to jump for a ball is criminal.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Thought he was very good today. His energy was back to his best and really helped us win the ball back a lot. Linked up well in attack too

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
He is so important to this team with him being able to transition from defence into attack on his own. Forgot how many times he won and retained possession this game.

Mickson

Surprised by the comments here. He's not good enough, nor was he today and very sketchy for both their goals.

Oranges038

RB is still a position that needs sorting. AWB had his moments but that first goal not even attempting to jump for a ball is criminal.
I still don't think he's good enough. I think 2 new right backs are needed and have done for a long time. The state of the defending for those two goals, there was another one where Elanga just sold him easily with a 1-2 and he was completely out of the game on the half line while the ball went across the goal. Son had him running round in circles last week and he had to be taken off.

Yeah, he can tackle and he's improved and does some stuff better with the ball, but his defensive positioning, awareness and ability to read the game and snuff out danger is just not there and never will be. He's a reactive defender, he's nowhere near good enough, never was, never will be.

Based Adnan

Surprised by the comments here. He's not good enough, nor was he today and very sketchy for both their goals.
It's honestly baffling. Never seen a player get so much praise for a game in which they were at fault for 2 goals.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
It's honestly baffling. Never seen a player get so much praise for a game in which they were at fault for 2 goals.
Blaming him for the first goal is crazy. It's a 50/50 header 30 yards from the opposition goal. In no way should that be a vital situation that can lead to a goal.

ManRant

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He can't do no wrong to some fan here, MOTM for some as well today, it is too obvious.

redIndianDevil

Are there people here criticising him? Easily the best player on the pitch bar Bruno for me. He is also one of the very few players in our team who seem physically strong. He has improved a lot in his attacking runs. He could still improve the final ball a bit.

Sylar

Blaming him for the first goal is crazy. It's a 50/50 header 30 yards from the opposition goal. In no way should that be a vital situation that can lead to a goal.
Need to see it again, but seems the issue was he didn't really jump nor really compete or do anything to stop the opposition from heading it. Which does seem to happen quite a bit with united

Oranges038

Are there people here criticising him? Easily the best player on the pitch bar Bruno for me. He is also one of the very few players in our team who seem physically strong. He has improved a lot in his attacking runs. He could still improve the final ball a bit.
Eriksen was quietly the best player on the pitch.

Bruno got his goal and assist. But it was Eriksen that kept everything ticking over. Wan Bissaka was decent in spells, but he could be blamed for having a part in both goals and got caught woefully out of position for another chance.

No idea how anyone could watch that game and think he was MOTM.

united for life

He consistently looks like one of our most composed players on the ball... Which is... surprising?
He’s always been calm and composed overall i guess. He’s improved going forward in terms of his positioning and finding space behind the defenders high up on the pitch which is great. His final pass/decision making still needs work though.

Long Time Red

For the people that think he's not good enough I'd love to know who you think is.

Apparently there's a RB out there who's great in air, great 1v1, excellent on the ball and at attacking as well.

Would love to know who this mythical RB is.

Think it's more a case of some people just can't admit they were and continue to double down.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Great again today, love this guy. Better going both ways than Dalot.

Abraxas

Good today mostly, some of those typical sloppy moments. Quite pleased with his overall form since ETH put him into the team. Big season ahead, if he can keep a consistent level then it starts to put a case forward that he's the one to stay. I don't see ETH sticking with him and Dalot into the medium term as he's already been interested in right backs, it's a bit of a shoot out.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Great again today, love this guy. Better going both ways than Dalot.
100%. Always preferred him to Dalot. He’s a better asset to have aswell as his tackling is one of the best around which is good against tricky wingers. Now that he’s improving his attacking game he’s becoming more all rounded.

arnoldS

How was he at fault for both goals? First was on Rashford and Onana (because he lost a header outside the opponents box?), second Martinez couldn't get the header and also Onana did his best De Grad impression.

He once again was one if not the best Player in the pitch.

Polar

Great comeback from AWB. Many people have written him off long time ago. We haven’t seen the best of him. Still a lot of potential left. Things looked pretty bad last season, but now it seems like he is more relaxed and in balance. Last years’ downturn has probably made him more robust mentally.

Never understood people who preferred Dalot before AWB.

redIndianDevil

Eriksen was quietly the best player on the pitch.

Bruno got his goal and assist. But it was Eriksen that kept everything ticking over. Wan Bissaka was decent in spells, but he could be blamed for having a part in both goals and got caught woefully out of position for another chance.

No idea how anyone could watch that game and think he was MOTM.
Eriksen did his job. Nothing outstanding. But AwB and Bruno provided creativity. That counts a bit higher for me. I wouldn’t fault AwB for the first goal. It’s a 50-50 header you win some you lose some especially if the sun is in your eyes and your opponent has a running start. Second goal was a freak once in a while accident, he wasn’t being soft or anything.

redIndianDevil

Great comeback from AWB. Many people have written him off long time ago. We haven’t seen the best of him. Still a lot of potential left. Things looked pretty bad last season, but now it seems like he is more relaxed and in balance. Last years’ downturn has probably made him more robust mentally.

Never understood people who preferred Dalot before AWB.
Exactly. Dalot provides nothing basically.

Ted Lasso

How can anyone not be impressed with his improvement? His ceiling has gotten a lot higher than I honestly expected.