Aaron Wan-Bissaka | The Ornacle speaks: It is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RussellWilson

2020 NFC Fantasy League winner
I like the idea of going for -

Sessegnon & Shaw
+
Dalot & Wan Bissaka

That is an attacking pair able to play wingbacks aswell as 2 defensive minded fullbacks. They can work on improving their weaknesses. Dalot & Sessegnon can act as back up for wingers too. I don't think sessegnon would be expensive after his mediocre season.
I quite like that actually. Sessegnon only has a year left on his contract too.

Aloysius's Back 3

I quite like that actually. Sessegnon only has a year left on his contract too.
The lad will be cheap after the year he had aswell.

Approx 70 mil after negotiations we could have 4 fullbacks sorting out that area of defence both attacking and defence.

I think it will improve them as players having clear areas they need to improve on that their competitors are good at.

Skills

Snitch
I don't know why we gave up from Dalot. He is nearly same age as WB. And far more technically skilled than him. Sure, he lacks quality in defence but he can learn that. It is much easier to learn playing defence than attack.
You don't even have to be a great defender as a full back now. It's why the likes to Kimmich and Trent are converted from CMs. It's why you also now rarely see CBs being played at RB now.

The Nani

Wan bissaka - who does he have to cross to at crystal palace? Their attack comes through centrally with players like Zaha making the runs. That's why Wan Bissaka cuts in aswell as van aanholt. Valencia cuts in with his passes because he is scared to attack ever since his injury.

The lad is 20 and whilst it's not true about his attack - even if it was questionable - it looks like the one of the only thing he has to improve on.
Again, rationalizing. £60m, FFS.

Wake up, people.

Matt007a

Maybe Ole sees Dalot as a right winger long term. We could eventually end up with both players on our right side rather than one or the other. On top of that you should have two good players in every position.

Alternatively AWB could be better going forward than we are led to believe. I mean he used to be a winger did he not? You don't make it to an EPL youth side unless you're at least a decent player. I would imagine Palace just don't allow him to showcase much attacking skill due to the way they play and the instructions he's given.

Springfield WildCats

AWB is a must buy, i long for the days we have a defense who are all competent at defending. AWB will sure up our right flank and maybe put pressure on the other teams left side as at the moment we have zero threat. its pointless bringing in a rf/rm if our rb can not defend as they will spend the entire game chasing shadows in our right back spot.

Last edited by a moderator:

Enigma_87

You know who
Wan bissaka - who does he have to cross to at crystal palace? Their attack comes through centrally with players like Zaha making the runs. That's why Wan Bissaka cuts in aswell as van aanholt. Valencia cuts in with his passes because he is scared to attack ever since his injury.

The lad is 20 and whilst it's not true about his attack - even if it was questionable - it looks like the one of the only thing he has to improve on.
Issue is we don't have right winger that makes those runs. If we don't add one AWB might not be as effective as you think and could end up paying over the odds for the wrong type of RB (not saying he's not good enough).

The Nani

The lad will be cheap after the year he had aswell.

Approx 70 mil after negotiations we could have 4 fullbacks sorting out that area of defence both attacking and defence.

I think it will improve them as players having clear areas they need to improve on that their competitors are good at.
Rather than two deficient players for each position how bout we shoot for one complete player ?

Sessegnon isn’t even a fullback, FFS.

Aloysius's Back 3

Again, rationalizing. £60m, FFS.

Wake up, people.
How much would be the max you pay for him?

I don't see why we need an attacking fullback when we have Dalot. Meunier at 28 is hardly more defensively balanced than Dalot. Dani Alves has been more valued than him.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
It is related with WB but it goes for all our targets. We have 5,6 positions which we must upgrade, it is clear as a day. But even if we gave up of buying world class players, that doesn't mean that buying "decent" (British) young players is solution. Liverpool and Arsenal did that and it didn't worked.
Why to spend just to spend? If you can't buy United quality than i would rather give chance to our players. I would rather be 7th with TFM, Tuanzebe, Dalot, Chong and Greenwood than spend 200-250 mil on "solid" players and be 5th with them. We have already Dalot as first choice and TFM for backup for RB. Do we need to spend 50 mil on a player who is not that much better? And who has flaws. Why to spend that much on damaged goods? Is spending 20 mil on James good deal when you have Chong? Would spending 30 mil on Longstaff or Rice be wise when we have McT?

I think not. I am for spending money on real quality. Not on "he is better than what we have". That kind of policy is the best way to mediocrity( especially in PL where you are fighting with teams which are loaded with quality). James, WB, Rice, Longstaff, even Maguire( despite many of you will argue with this) are players who should be on Everton's transfer list, not on United's.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
It is related with WB but it goes for all our targets. We have 5,6 positions which we must upgrade, it is clear as a day. But even if we gave up of buying world class players, that doesn't mean that buying "decent" (British) young players is solution. Liverpool and Arsenal did that and it didn't worked.
Why to spend just to spend? If you can't buy United quality than i would rather give chance to our players. I would rather be 7th with TFM, Tuanzebe, Dalot, Chong and Greenwood than spend 200-250 mil on "solid" players and be 5th with them. We have already Dalot as first choice and TFM for backup for RB. Do we need to spend 50 mil on a player who is not that much better? And who has flaws. Why to spend that much on damaged goods? Is spending 20 mil on James good deal when you have Chong? Would spending 30 mil on Longstaff or Rice be wise when we have McT?

I think not. I am for spending money on real quality. Not on "he is better than what we have". That kind of policy is the best way to mediocrity( especially in PL where you are fighting with teams which are loaded with quality). James, WB, Rice, Longstaff, even Maguire( despite many of you will argue with this) are players who should be on Everton's transfer list, not on United's.
AWB is total quality. At this point in time he’s miles ahead of Dalot.

TFM is not good enough. He will go back to Holland

The Nani

How much would be the max you pay for him?

I don't see why we need an attacking fullback when we have Dalot. Meunier at 28 is hardly more defensively balanced than Dalot. Dani Alves has been more valued than him.
I wouldn’t buy him at all as there are other options available who better suit our needs.

What good is it having one RB who is good going forward and shit at defending and another who is good at defending and shit going forward? For nearly £100m total at that.

Again, we need quality players who can do both. And the onus is on attacking at the fullback position these days.

And to clarify, Meunier was not benched for Alves. Alves played in midfield bizarrely while Tuchel favored the young German CB Kehrer OOP instead of Meunier. Obviously that worked out well for them eh. He was horrendous against us as I recall.

Okey

We could buy Meunier to man the RB spot for a couple of seasons at least while we see if AWB or Dalot kick on AND Tierney to compete with and/or oust Shaw for not much more than the ridiculous nonsense of a fee being touted for AWB.

I... I’m... just... FECK.
My choice too. The fee being demanded for AWB is ludicrous. Market's gone crazy. Not sure why we're not considering Tierney, but I'd go for him and Meunier. Both together might cost less than AWB and you've got solid full back cover whichever way we decide to play...

Last edited:

dasty

Valencia averaged well more than that but never managed to do anything with this heralded dribble stat people keep bandied about aside from cracking the ball into a defender’s shins 99% of the time.

The relentless rationalizing of a £60mish fee for a completely unestablished RB who has little to no technical ability is astounding. #Brexit
Stop talking out of your ass. Even when Valencia was one of the best RB in the league he never averaged near those numbers, let alone well more than that.

Nick7

Rather than two deficient players for each position how bout we shoot for one complete player ?

Sessegnon isn’t even a fullback, FFS.
Played full back until December 2017. He's as much an attacking full back as a winger.

The Nani

Stop talking out of your ass. Even when Valencia was one of the best RB in the league he never averaged near those numbers, let alone well more than that.
Then the numbers are wrong being that Valencia must’ve accounted for half of our possession under LvG. Which was my point. So many of these stats are pointless even if context is provided which is rare. I’m not sure wtf could possibly constitute a dribble if Valencia wasn't averaging upward of ten per match back then.

Red_Orchestra

Once again, 60m is just to much.
We should be looking into Max Aarons to be honest, but I don't think we've ever been linked to him.

Mani

I think anything around 50M would seal the deal, like 45m + 5M add on.This guy is quality, he does the basic things right, HIs attacking game is not so special atm but going forward his attacking game should improve.

Marcelinho87

Maybe Ole sees Dalot as a right winger long term. We could eventually end up with both players on our right side rather than one or the other. On top of that you should have two good players in every position.

Alternatively AWB could be better going forward than we are led to believe. I mean he used to be a winger did he not? You don't make it to an EPL youth side unless you're at least a decent player. I would imagine Palace just don't allow him to showcase much attacking skill due to the way they play and the instructions he's given.
Said when we signed Dalot that he will end up RW and he apparently modelled his game on CR7.

Think it would be the better for all as I don't really see much in his defending but he is pretty good getting forward with a great whip on him.

RkkMan

Said when we signed Dalot that he will end up RW and he apparently modelled his game on CR7.

Think it would be the better for all as I don't really see much in his defending but he is pretty good getting forward with a great whip on him.
If crossing is the only barometer we're using for a Manchester United RW then standards are at an all time low Dalot needs to add A LOT more to his game if he's to become this top RW people think he is/will be which personally I don't see one bit.

Last edited by a moderator:

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.

Agreed. He’s actually more useful in Attack than Lingard. I like how direct and skillful he is when he runs with the ball and of course he has a fantastic cross on him.

Skills

Snitch
Agreed. He’s actually more useful in Attack than Lingard. I like how direct and skillful he is when he runs with the ball and of course he has a fantastic cross on him.
Sounds like a modern day full back to me.

Skills

Snitch
You see Bayern convert Kimmich from a CM to a RB, Liverpool convert TAA from a CM to a RB, Guardiola converts Zinchenko & Delph from CAMs/CMs to LB. Our fans want to convert a promising RB to a winger, then we wonder why we still play a pre-historic brand of football.

Classical Mechanic

You see Bayern convert Kimmich from a CM to a RB, Liverpool convert TAA from a CM to a RB, Guardiola converts Zinchenko & Delph from CAMs/CMs to LB. Our fans want to convert a promising RB to a winger, then we wonder why we still play a pre-historic brand of football.
If you're going to convert AWB into anything then it would be a ball winning midfield player.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Liverpool have the pair of two best attacking fullbacks in the world. That took them to a Champions League trophy just recently.
They were a part of that success, sure, but Liverpool also have two of the best wingers in the world. All these teams people list with great attacking full backs, also have even better attackers, we could sign both of Liverpool's full backs and it wouldn't make nearly as much a difference for us as it did for them as we don't have the quality on the wings that they (or any other big team) does.

Vissy

The thing is, who from our youth setup could be converted into a RB? Puigmal, who was forced to play there because of Sbragia? This CM to RB person would need to have a lot of attributes - stamina, mobility, comfortable in possession, good crosser...

Tiber

Jesus there is some drivel in these threads.

'back in my day a fullback cost ten shillings and a mars bar, they still aren't worth any more than that today'. Doesn't matter if every premier League club is fecking loaded.

'i once saw him play for Palace against City on Match Of The Day and he didn't score 3 goals from fullback by half time and thus must be shit'

I usually think I know feck all about football, but Cafe transfer threads make me feel much better about myself

ForestRGoinUp

My choice too. The fee being demanded for AWB is ludicrous. Market's gone crazy. Not sure why we're not considering Tierney, but if go for him and Meunier. Both together might cost less than AWB and you've got solid full back cover whichever way we decide to play...
Agreed but we’re DEFINITELY waiting for Tierney to cost more like 50-60M before going for him.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
35m was never going to be enough tbh, hopefully 40m + add ons will seal it otherwise I would start looking at other options (Cancelo, Semedo etc)

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
This one certainly looks close.
Continued info to the press from palace about fees and what they've turned down.

ForestRGoinUp

We’re so lost in the wilderness that the only thing that feels safe and right is to build a team the way Fergie did it.

Allas8

Jesus there is some drivel in these threads.

'back in my day a fullback cost ten shillings and a mars bar, they still aren't worth any more than that today'. Doesn't matter if every premier League club is fecking loaded.

'i once saw him play for Palace against City on Match Of The Day and he didn't score 3 goals from fullback by half time and thus must be shit'

I usually think I know feck all about football, but Cafe transfer threads make me feel much better about myself
Do you think that Lukaku and Matic was good transfers? We need to stop overpaying for the wrong type of players, and im not seeing a modern RB in AWB.

Marcelinho87

If crossing is the only barometer we're using for a Manchester United RW then standards are at an all time low Dalot needs to add A LOT more to his game if he's to become this top RW people think he is/will be which personally I don't see one bit.
I didn't say crossing is the only barometer, I said he was good going forward with a good cross on him.

He beats players easily enough, he is direct, pacey and also cracks off a decent shot.

And in my opinion he will be better served being a winger than he would be a fullback.

Status
Not open for further replies.