Aaron Wan-Bissaka | The Ornacle speaks: It is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Doubt there is anyone who think he is worth 50 million. We have to overpay and everyone knows it.
Yeah - Palace to their credit are great at making it tough for teams to get players they want to keep - if they get £50 million they will be laughing, he is probably worth around £25-£30 million tops.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Yeah - Palace to their credit are great at making it tough for teams to get players they want to keep - if they get £50 million they will be laughing, he is probably worth around £25-£30 million tops.
Doubt they will be laughing when they lose their best RB. If given choice doubt they will sell him.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Doubt they will be laughing when they lose their best RB. If given choice doubt they will sell him.
Fair point, they clearly want to keep him and Zaha for that matter. Mind you, I'd expect a right back would be a lot easier to replace than Zaha so if they had to sell one it would be Wan-Bissaka.

George The Best

Tbf though Maguire has been on England duty and probably now on holiday. And AWB is at the Euros. I’m not sure there is any great rush to finalise the financial part of the deal.
Doesn’t matter where they are. It’s all done through the agents and clubs. Player only needs to be available for a medical and sign the contract.

George The Best

He really wasn't 'very good' at all. He was probably England's poorest player on the night. Not saying he isn't a great prospect but he certainly didn't show it in that match.
I agree. We’ve already bought one ‘great prospect’, Dalot. Not sure we need another. If we want to strengthen at RB then we really need the finished article right now imo.

reelworld

I dont think people are suggesting that - just that he may not be worth anywhere near the £50 million being quoted.
It's seller price. Nobody should go for 50 million. But United always overpaid for their transfers, even in Sir Alex era, unless it's completely left field like Vidic

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
So one bad game with England he's not good enough now? :lol:
Did he even have a bad game? I didn't see the game but the comments about him before the OG seemed to be pretty positive regarding his overall performance

He's been one of the top 3 RB's in the PL all season so one game for the under 21's should be of no relevance tbh

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
If Palace feck up this move for him, they're going to have one unhappy player on their books.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
He was in top3 of RB in PL(performance wise last season). Very young and English. How is his value at around 25-30m tops given the current nature of transfer market?

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
I dont think people are suggesting that - just that he may not be worth anywhere near the £50 million being quoted.
£30 million for the player plus an additional £20 million for the 'United Tax' is about right. He is an excellent young RB as well.

Mate, United paying over the odds for as long as I can remember and that isn't likely to change anytime soon given the circumstances.

hobbers

As he showed last night, not worth anything north of £30m.

Palace and Leicester cannot be allowed to fleece us for upwards of £130m for just a decent prospect and a decent Prem CB.

KM

He is a right back.
Problem position for us and the fullbacks prices have gone up. Bayern paid 80m euros for a left back just last season. You yourself are looking Ryan Sessegnon who's far less proven than AwB and will be going for around 25-30m.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Well it's not a position that players tend to go for big money - well established international ones can go for decent money but young one's with only one full season behind them certainly don't. At least not usually.

He could be brilliant for you guys for 10+ years so perhaps it's worth it for that - but he is overpriced. The last full-back who was young and went for decent money was probably Shaw (could be wrong) - so it's not the norm.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
So one bad game with England he's not good enough now? :lol:
There has been quite a few on here suggesting that he is not good enough for some time. The game yesterday just supported their opinion.

Even if we look away from the own goal yesterdays game was poor from him. I was really looking forward to seeing him in a different environment from CP, hoping that he would prove that he had more to his game. But he did not. I really want to see it with him. A young english fullback would be great. But I just dont. Every time I see him he looks so limited. His passing is "negative" (in lack of a better word) and he offers very little going forward. Even at a U21-level where we should expect him to excel!

It is one game. We should probably not put too much weight on it. But combined with the rest of the season, I'm really not convinced. Our interest even worries me on a more general level. I mean, if we have scouts that have seen him play regularly over time, how on earth are they able to conclude that this is a player we should spend a lot of money on?

At least he is a great athlete and sound technically. It is something to build on. But you could say that about Mensah too. And I do not understand why we would consider paying more than £30 mill for an athlete. Its not that much of a hot commodity, is it?

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Did he even have a bad game? I didn't see the game but the comments about him before the OG seemed to be pretty positive regarding his overall performance

He's been one of the top 3 RB's in the PL all season so one game for the under 21's should be of no relevance tbh
I didn't see it either but sooften when somone scores and own goal, they are branded with "having a bad game"!

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Well it's not a position that players tend to go for big money - well established international ones can go for decent money but young one's with only one full season behind them certainly don't. At least not usually.
We are playing Young as a RB and before that played Valencia as RB.

Ferland Mendy played 2 seasons in French league and he was sold for more than 40 million. Benjamin Mendy played 4 seasons in French league but he was sold for 50 million based on his season with Monaco.

Davison Sanchez played few games in Colombian league and 1 season in Dutch league, he was sold for 40 plus million.

Eder Militao played 1 season for Porto and was sold for 50 million. Semedo played 1.5 seasons for Benfica first team and was sold for 35 million Euros. Many of these transfers are pre Neymar transfer. There are many examples.

It's a sellers market. If buying club wants them, they have to pay.

KM

There has been quite a few on here suggesting that he is not good enough for some time. The game yesterday just supported their opinion.

Even if we look away from the own goal yesterdays game was poor from him. I was really looking forward to seeing him in a different environment from CP, hoping that he would prove that he had more to his game. But he did not. I really want to see it with him. A young english fullback would be great. But I just dont. Every time I see him he looks so limited. His passing is "negative" (in lack of a better word) and he offers very little going forward. Even at a U21-level where we should expect him to excel!

It is one game. We should probably not put too much weight on it. But combined with the rest of the season, I'm really not convinced. Our interest even worries me on a more general level. I mean, if we have scouts that have seen him play regularly over time, how on earth are they able to conclude that this is a player we should spend a lot of money on?

At least he is a great athlete and sound technically. It is something to build on. But you could say that about Mensah too. And I do not understand why we would consider paying more than £30 mill for an athlete. Its not that much of a hot commodity, is it?
It's funny that out of all the players you compared TfM with him. The same TfM ofcourse who was dislodged by AwB in the Palace team.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
He was in top3 of RB in PL(performance wise last season). Very young and English. How is his value at around 25-30m tops given the current nature of transfer market?
Even if he was (you could easily argue TAA, Doherty and Pereira was as good or even better), he was so because he did his job very well. But his job was very, very limited. It does not mean he would be able to replace players like Kyle Walker, Azpi or even Kieran Trippier and do the same job that is expected from them. A player that can do this job is of course very, very valuable to a team like Crystal Palace. But I can not understand that he is that valuable for a team like Man Utd.

A player like Chris Smalling would be great at teams like Crystal Palace or Burnley.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
We are playing Young as a RB and before that played Valencia as RB.

Ferland Mendy played 2 seasons in French league and he was sold for more than 40 million. Benjamin Mendy played 4 seasons in French league but he was sold for 50 million based on his season with Monaco.

Davison Sanchez played few games in Colombian league and 1 season in Dutch league, he was sold for 40 plus million.

Eder Militao played 1 season for Porto and was sold for 50 million. Semedo played 1.5 seasons for Benfica first team and was sold for 35 million Euros. Many of these transfers are pre Neymar transfer. There are many examples.

It's a sellers market. If buying club wants them, they have to pay.
It is.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
I think you are getting me mixed up with somebody else - he didn't have a good game at all regardless of the own goal.
Sorry about that! Sometimes my Mac is so slow I think i've clicked in one place and haven't!

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
I try not to criticise too much or over react given there’s plenty of time left in the transfer window but we really do come across as utterly clueless in the transfer market. If we want this guy just pay up.

Enigma_87

You know who
I think you are getting me mixed up with somebody else - he didn't have a good game at all regardless of the own goal.
Watched the game thought he had an okish game before the own goal. What were your concerns? He looked solid in defence.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Watched the game thought he had an okish game before the own goal. What were your concerns? He looked solid in defence.
He was reliant on pace to get him out of situations rather than reading the danger I felt - also his passing was pretty poor. He looked quite rash to me and a bit uncomfortable on the ball.

I'm in no way writing him off but he did have a poor game.

Enigma_87

You know who
He was reliant on pace to get him out of situations rather than reading the danger I felt - also his passing was pretty poor. He looked quite rash to me and a bit uncomfortable on the ball.
Still he neutralized most of opposition efforts down the right, especially when you consider they were a man down for a third of the game. His passing was generally at his usual level as he isn't exactly an attacking, ball playing right back and he's also pretty raw that's clear.

If it wasn't for the own goal I doubt many would say he had a bad game.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I watched the game and was quite dissapointed in what he showed last night tbh. Looks a big risk at £50m to £60m when there's a potentially a better alternative.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Ferland Mendy, Benjamin Mendy, Militao are not RBs either. It's defenders who played little at top level before big money move.
But it's not very relevant, because CBs generally sell for more money than fullbacks … since CB is a more key position.

Status
Not open for further replies.