g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Abdoulaye Doucoure

Devil may care

If we are going to play 2 CM's at the base then we need a playmaker to go next to Matic, Doucoure could be cover for Matic but I think McTominay could be groomed into that DM cover and possible eventual successor.

Irrational.

Way too good for this Watford side. Would be a good addition to our squad. Has a bit of Moussa Dembele about him.

A post a couple of days ago:

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He's had quite a good game hasn't he. I like how willing he is to play it forward and then sprint up to be with the attack, you could see Jose loving a player like him.
I think we'll definitely be in for him, hopefully he wouldnt cost us too much.

luke511

Or he could be thr kind of player everyone claims is the second coming and then end up being booed by Everton fans for being shit. Could go either way:smirk:

He does seem a decent player mind but not sure how he'd fit in the team. Herrera is a better player and he can't get in the team. I don't see him as a must buy at all.
Matic isn't getting any younger..

salford_

will sign for Everton or like WHU
Wont be at a 'top 4' big hitter. Utd, City, Lpool or Chelsea/Spurs

salford_

Thanks for clearing that up Nostradamus.
Well, my cocky little Dubliner, he is looking good at Watford. No disrespect but Don't you think there is perhaps a step in between them and a top 4 club........

feck it, sign Glenn Murray! Doing well at Brighton

luke511

He's nothing like Matic so I don't see the relevance. Matic is on another level when it comes to defensive ability and awareness.
I'm just saying there's room for another CM or two, with Matic getting older and Herrera looking more and more like he's on his way out.

Robbie Boy

Well, my cocky little Dubliner, he is looking good at Watford. No disrespect but Don't you think there is perhaps a step in between them and a top 4 club........

Big Glenn is a legend.

Sterling Archer

That's a bit unfair. Watford is the sum of their parts and doesn't mean any player of theirs is less of gem because he currently plays there. Tons of success stories too - how about Valencia?

Lentwood

I would take him at the right price.

It’s easy to be snobbish about players when they come from “lesser sides” but the likes of Kante (Leicester), Lukaku (Everton), Stones (Everton) and Mane (Southampton) all went from mid-table cloggers to star players in top four sides recently

For some reason, if we were linked with a player of Doucoure’s ability but he played for Real Betis, Nantes or Bremen people would be fine with it

Devil may care

Way too good for this Watford side. Would be a good addition to our squad. Has a bit of Moussa Dembele about him.

A post a couple of days ago:

This is the same as Ruben Neves stats they showed last night before the Wolves/Villa game, albeit in a different league obviously, Neves is a wonderful passer from deep though.

I'm just saying there's room for another CM or two, with Matic getting older and Herrera looking more and more like he's on his way out.
It depends on what happens with Herrera and Mourinho's lovechild, if there is space for a playmaker and a Doucoure type then it could happen, but it also depends on how much the staff feel McTominay can push on as the extra squad CM.

AP88

Supports
Man City
He’d be a great addition; his legs could preserve and prolong Matic’s impact. All of this ‘but he’s from Watford’ snobbery is naive - Schweinsteigers and Pogbas haven’t solved the midfield issue at United, but someone who’s proven in the league and a good tactical fit for Mourinho can.

Adding him and Lewis Cook (who the fanboys - and probably Woodward - won’t rate because of he’s not very FIFA-friendly but is a superb talent) would be ideal replacements for Herrera and Carrick.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
It's the sort of signing Spurs/Liverpool wuld make, then turn them into a world class talent.

We should definitely get him this summer, he's good enough and should be fairly cheap considering watfords position.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
This is the same as Ruben Neves stats they showed last night before the Wolves/Villa game, albeit in a different league obviously, Neves is a wonderful passer from deep though.

It depends on what happens with Herrera and Mourinho's lovechild, if there is space for a playmaker and a Doucoure type then it could happen, but it also depends on how much the staff feel McTominay can push on as the extra squad CM.
Isnt it Fellaini leaving along with Carrick?

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
I rate him whenever I've seen him play he’s always impressed.

Would love him at united tbh, sick of signing big names that underperform, I’d rather go for these under the radar players that would be honoured to play for united.

Devil may care

Isnt it Fellaini leaving along with Carrick?
I think Fellaini will stay, Mourinho is obssessed with him, even yesterday he made sure to take timeout in the presser after the match to kiss his ass, he embodies everything Mourinho values in football, he'll get Woodward to give him what he wants in the end, be that a 3 year deal for a 30 year old and putting him on 150K.

RedRover

I rate him whenever I've seen him play he’s always impressed.

Would love him at united tbh, sick of signing big names that underperform, I’d rather go for these under the radar players that would be honoured to play for united.
No such thing. He’s well on the radar of the big clubs. He’ll cost a fortune.

Chairman Woodie

I would take him at the right price.

It’s easy to be snobbish about players when they come from “lesser sides” but the likes of Kante (Leicester), Lukaku (Everton), Stones (Everton) and Mane (Southampton) all went from mid-table cloggers to star players in top four sides recently

For some reason, if we were linked with a player of Doucoure’s ability but he played for Real Betis, Nantes or Bremen people would be fine with it
What's the right price in today's transfer market?

Agree with your post.

Alabaster Codify7

Sort of player we'll regret not signing in about 2yrs. Someone will get him for a bargain, around £20-25million, and by the end of 2018/19 season he'll be worth around £60million or something, and we'll be trying to sign him to replace someone like Herrera.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
No such thing. He’s well on the radar of the big clubs. He’ll cost a fortune.
But not as much as he would from a Spurs, Everton et al. We shouldn't wait for players to move to those top 6 sides before trying to sign them, especially when it's a player who's quality is very obvious.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Sort of player we'll regret not signing in about 2yrs. Someone will get him for a bargain, around £20-25million, and by the end of 2018/19 season he'll be worth around £60million or something, and we'll be trying to sign him to replace someone like Herrera.
20-25mil? Unless he's some clause in his deal that we don't know about he'll go for around double that. Maybe more.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff

Bizarre thing to say considering some of SAFs signings over the years, Irwin from oldham, pallister from Middlesbrough, Bruce from Norwich, sharpe from Torquay, ince from west ham, Keane from forest, Valencia from Wigan, young from Villa, do you want me to go on?

Lentwood

From what I have seen of him he doesn’t look amazingly refined on the ball. Not saying he is bad but I don’t think he has a great range and seems to be one of those who has an awkward looking (albeit perfectly acceptable) style

If we signed him people would have to appreciate we arent getting a Matic who really is very refined and very comfortable at DM but we are getting potentially someone more mobile more able to burst forward and go box to box

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
From what I have seen of him he doesn’t look amazingly refined on the ball. Not saying he is bad but I don’t think he has a great range and seems to be one of those who has an awkward looking (albeit perfectly acceptable) style

If we signed him people would have to appreciate we arent getting a Matic who really is very refined and very comfortable at DM but we are getting potentially someone more mobile more able to burst forward and go box to box
Don’t agree.

He looks very comfortable on the ball. You’re right though he has bags more pace and energy than Matic

CA1

He's not the first thing we need in midfield in my opinion.

We need somebody who can dictate play, creative passes from deep and help keep the ball when we're ahead. A prime Scholes/Modric is the ideal if anyone fancies giving us one :angel:

Doucoure maybe an option for rotation if Fellaini and Herrera leave. I watched him today and wasn't particularly sold if I'm honest.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I think he’d be a very interesting signing. In a season or two he could be replicating or even improving on his Watford form here. Seems to be very suited to the league. Has stepped up each time quite easily on his way to this point. Wouldn’t cost the world. Definitely worth a punt, nobody is guaranteed to make it here. Not even supposedly world class players. If the manager wants him I’m all for it. It’s a Fergie type signing

Last edited:

Devil may care

His contract is until 2020, I think £50m would be a bit too much.
It'll depend on if there is as much interest in him as the reports claim, if there are really 4 top PL sides interested then Watford will be able to jack up the price.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

We need somebody who can dictate play, creative passes from deep and help keep the ball when we're ahead. A prime Scholes/Modric is the ideal if anyone fancies giving us one :angel:

Doucoure maybe an option for rotation if Fellaini and Herrera leave. I watched him today and wasn't particularly sold if I'm honest.
Its funny because we spent £90m on Pogba for exactly that purpose.

I'd certainly take him but I think our midfield certainly needs more. A creator because quite frankly, we this season and last shows we can't consistently depend on Pogba.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I'd certainly take him but I think our midfield certainly needs more. A creator because quite frankly, we this season and last shows we can't consistently depend on Pogba.

TheFlagStaysDown

Supports
Shamrock rovers

Seri please