Abdoulaye Doucoure

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Good player but not good enough for us imo

slored1

Yaya Toure level tonight. Very impressive this season so far, probably Watford's best player.

Swift Football

He is really good. He makes quick passes and keeps the ball moving. ALso, seems to have physicality to go head to head with other midfielders. To be fair, he struggled a bit when he just came to Watford, but since then, have been showing that he is a good player.
If we could get him, I think he can be excellent cover for both Matic and Pogba and also to partner them.

Javi

He's basically a Bakayoko that can run and shoot. Boss would love him for attacking the space.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Honestly, we could do worse then getting him to play next to Pogba in front of Matic... Been quality this season

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Very tidy player. A step up will happen sometime this summer, you’d expect.

Javi

Very tidy player. A step up will happen sometime this summer, you’d expect.
I actually think that tidiness is an aspect he should improve. Seems like the classic tall and robust player that could rely on his physis in tight situations and therefore didn't fully develop in that aspect.

Edit: to clarify the passing is ok imo, it's handling the ball under pressure I'm going at.

arthurka

This has been tried before .. Schneiderlin rings a bell .. But I agree he has been very good for Watford ..

Canagel

He's s very good on the counters with those long skinny legs. Very energetic too.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
This has been tried before .. Schneiderlin rings a bell .. But I agree he has been very good for Watford ..
I presume you mean the idea of taking a midfielder who looks good in a mid-level team and giving him a whirl at Old Trafford? As opposed to the idea that this guy is anything like Schneiderlin. He's like the anti-Schneiderlin. Really fun to watch. Would you not love to see what he looks like in beside Pogba and Matic?

He’s been one of the best CMs in the Prem all season.

Watford fans sing that he never loses the ball, so composed, so powerful, with a tidy finish and impressive long range shooting on him.

arthurka

I presume you mean the idea of taking a midfielder who looks good in a mid-level team and giving him a whirl at Old Trafford? As opposed to the idea that this guy is anything like Schneiderlin. He's like the anti-Schneiderlin. Really fun to watch. Would you not love to see what he looks like in beside Pogba and Matic?
Yes I would ... Like to see that happening, but we all know far to well the step up can be far from easy..

Blind

It's a lazy comparison but he does look like Yaya, just having fun on the pitch, capable of holding the ball and dribbling, pinging passes and cracking a few worldies from long range. I'd be surprised if he's still at Watford next season.

Raw

I have a feeling he'd be one of those players that, if he signed for another top team, we'd regret not going for him.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He is having very good season, he even played for them last season but I barely noticed him.

Remember him having good enough game against Liverpool in the first game.

Welbeckham

Watford's Doucoure will be a top-performer securing a move to a top 6 club in 2018
This prediction (from August 7th 2017) is currently looking like a smart one. Doucoure looks immense, at least he should get the move and I hope it will be us.

KTP_ZA

Been good whenever I've seen him play for Watford, more importantly he is a cheap option that gets a decent points haul in fantasy premier league.

It will be interesting to see if a bigger club comes in for him at the end of the season.

Revaulx

Well Dortmund aren’t a mid-table PL side, yet both our buys from them have been hopeless. And Schneiderlin has stayed shite since returning to mid-table. I think it’s fair to regard him as a weird one-off and not base future transfer policy on our experience with him.

Reactions: Sultan

Micky Targaryen

Brace yourself, some poster from the Deulofeu thread will come in to tell you to delete this thread. :lol:

In regards to the player, in the few Watford games I've watched this season, Richarlison may be exciting player in the team, but Doucoure for me is the key player. Excellent CM, not afraid to burst forward when the oppotunity arises, excellent strength on the ball, superb shot, and the occassional eye for an assist.

But of course, it begs the question, can Doucoure make the step up to a bigger club? I can certainly see him playing for a club like Spurs in the future. But I wouldn't mind Doucoure as a midfield option for us.

BootsyCollins

Special mention to the poster, who in the beggining off the season said Doucoure would be a star this season.
Think it was in the fantasy thread.
He was not wrong.
So thanks, lots of fantasy points gained for me:)

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Been championing him all season to my mates him and the West Ham left back have looked exciting and capable of playing higher imo.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Definitely a standout at Watford from a few matches I've seen him play. The likes of Spurs or West Ham will surely have eyes for him.

Redlyn

First time I watched him, yesterday. Definitely made an impression. Really loved one smart turn and pass he did to completely open up chelsea on the counter.