g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Abdoulaye Doucoure

Dan_F

Would be interested to see his stats after the first 10/12 games of the season. He had a really great start to the season, but I thought he’d dropped off a bit. Don’t really watch much of Watford though, so I might be wrong.

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
Would be interested to see his stats after the first 10/12 games of the season. He had a really great start to the season, but I thought he’d dropped off a bit. Don’t really watch much of Watford though, so I might be wrong.
He's mostly been their best player all season. There was a bit of easing in which happened last season (and 15/16) when he came from France. Looked like he wouldn't get chances, was loaned out iirc (Granada), but from this season on he's been dominating the centre of the park for them in nearly every game (bearing in mind it's Watford that he plays for).

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Fun fact about Doucoure is that he is the absolute cheapest midfielder in the Telegraph Fantasy Football game, as cheap as any squad youth prospect for relegation threatened sides. Was anything expected of him this year?

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Its funny because we spent £90m on Pogba for exactly that purpose.
I hope not, although it does look increasingly likely that Mourinho was trying to get him in that role.

Have a proper controlling player playing that role, focusing on just controlling the entire team around. And unleash Pogba into a role where he can pick and choose his moments a bit more, try to dominate a bit further up the field. Then with the two of them together (along with Matic sitting deep) we should have a midfield that can actually dominate play against the majority of teams.

RedRover

But not as much as he would from a Spurs, Everton et al. We shouldn't wait for players to move to those top 6 sides before trying to sign them, especially when it's a player who's quality is very obvious.
Why would Watford accept less than Spurs or Everton? Watford are a well run club with experienced owners. They'll know his value in the current market.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Why would Watford accept less than Spurs or Everton? Watford are a well run club with experienced owners. They'll know his value in the current market.
That's not what I mean, I mean if he was to go from Watford to a top 6 side he'd then cost more from that top six side.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
How's this player performing for Watford this season? Reckon he could make the step up to a bigger club?

Yagami

Good post resistant
How's this player performing for Watford this season? Reckon he could make the step up to a bigger club?
I've watched a bit of Watford and he's doing well. He's formed a good partnership with Capoue, Pererya and Hughes in midfield. I like Hughes the most out of the 4 even though, admittedly, he's been the least impressive.

I don't think he's good enough for a big club, though. He has a very poor first touch (I see him having to make a tackle a lot of times after said touch just to keep the ball) and is pretty average when he has time to think about his options. When he needs to think fast, he's very good at making quick decisions with excellent skill, and his useful on the counter with his bursting runs. Perfect for Watford but not for the big clubs who have to break down defences.

LuckyScout78

I really like the way he is playing football. Simple, fast and precise. And move to another place after he has deliver a pass. He has really quick acceleration and has good and high ability to score.

I have recommended Jong and Witsel before. If i have a those 4 cm options in a 4-4-2 formation as a manager for a top club i would be really really satisfy.

Sancho - Witsel/Doucoure - Pogba/Jong - Martial.

Yeah, a cm midfield option with Witsel, Pogba, Jong and Doucoure. It might only happen in a my dream. Quick, safe and really good footie ballplayers. Players who a really good in small area,special of you meet a team that park the bus. Then you need those kind of players. Quick, good and effience in small areas. Isolate and in combination with others. Futsal quick and precise football all over the opponent area, the parking bus.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
He always does well against us, and is generally very good. Could be an option. Was on another level to our midfielders today, especially Herrera.

Hughie77

Better than what we had on show today, that says it all really. Ole got some work to do

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He always does well against us, and is generally very good. Could be an option. Was on another level to our midfielders today, especially Herrera.
His physicality shows up the slow Herrera and Matic. They just can’t handle the pace and power.

BaseFishing

Every time I've watched him play in the last couple years he's always either pretty tidy and decent, or just great. Would be a great addition for a reasonable price. He could not only be competition for Pogba, which would hopefully drive them both to be better in training and on the pitch, but also work really well alongside him, with a third midfielder to compliment them both.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Even without his goal he was fantastic.
An interesting option for the summer, I doubt we'd go in for him though.

Robbie Boy

Completely different player. Doesnt do a lot defensively
Yup, but I would rather keep Matic and get a more energetic midfielder in, than sign Rice. In all honesty, the DM we should sign is Ndidi. But he’s not English and overrated enough for some.

Ekeke

Yup, but I would rather keep Matic and get a more energetic midfielder in, than sign Rice. In all honesty, the DM we should sign is Ndidi. But he’s not English and overrated enough for some.
Sounds horrible. Matic shouldnt need handholding. He's not good enough.

AaronRedDevil

I mean If United get rid of Jones. He'll be a great replacement. But we still need a real solid cb along with him

Jib

We could sign him as squad player after signing 1 DM and 1 CM to play alongside Pogba. But not a priority.

NoPace

You think Ndidi is a good enough passer? I haven't seen that and find he goes backwards constantly, not sure as a 6 he'd be useful enough on the ball to be more than an energetic Schneiderlin.

Much prefer Doucoure on the ball, where he finds the easier sideways or forwards pass and then moves forward.

And Rice has his faults but he wins a lot of tackles for a 6 to my eyes.

Robbie Boy

You think Ndidi is a good enough passer? I haven't seen that and find he goes backwards constantly, not sure as a 6 he'd be useful enough on the ball to be more than an energetic Schneiderlin.

Much prefer Doucoure on the ball, where he finds the easier sideways or forwards pass and then moves forward.

And Rice has his faults but he wins a lot of tackles for a 6 to my eyes.
Ndidi has made the most tackles in the league and is in the top 20 for passes. He’s not an amazing passer but overall he would be an upgrade on Matic and he’s far better than Rice.

Doucoure is totally different. He would be a good squad option if Herrera leaves.

NoPace

Ndidi has made the most tackles in the league and is in the top 20 for passes. He’s not an amazing passer but overall he would be an upgrade on Matic and he’s far better than Rice.

Doucoure is totally different. He would be a good squad option if Herrera leaves.
Doucoure could straight replace Herrera if he left, I think. What he lacks in creative passing and smoothness (he looks straight up clumsy at times) he makes up for with his movement through the middle without the ball, which is world class similar to a guy like Goretzka.

From what I've read, Leicester fans think Ndidi wasn't great under Puel but now that they're pressing he looks good again. Seems like a better fit for Liverpool than for us as a Matic replacement. Unless we change tempo a lot, I think we probably care more about passing than pressing for our #6.

While we're on Prem midfielders, I think a biggish team is going to talk themselves into buying Billing because he's enormous, agile, looks tidy on the ball, 8th in the Prem in tackles and 50 prem appearances at 22 years old.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He's physically exactly what we need.
Physicality isn't really what we need in midfield. What we need in midfield is players who are a lot better on the ball and can dictate games with their ability and mentality. Someone who will always have a good touch, who can receive the ball under pressure and not shit their pants. People get all excited over super athletic players but then question when they fail to really step up at top teams (because technically they aren't what you want a lot of times). Doucoure is a really good player but really not what we would want or need here.

Pennywise

He's a fantastic player and will be a target for some bigger sides than Watford. He'd be a great addition to the squad