g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Abdoulaye Doucoure

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
For a player to be as immobile as Matic, he needs to be an excellent playmaker, with a great passing range. Which he isn't, and hasn't got. I don't mind Matic, but he needs to be a squad player at this point. Doucoure is an interesting player. Movement and energy is great. He's useful with the ball too. I think in many ways he offers more than Herrera. That said, people forget the heart and passion Herrera brings. Plenty of times he's been the best player on the pitch. Thing with Ander is that his skill set is very average, as are his physical attributes. Where he excels is on the mental side of the game. If that is slightly off, he is very poor. If it is on point, he can be absolutely excellent. Moving forwards, we need players that are the complete package. Personally, I am much more interested in Bruno Fernandes who, to me, looks an outstanding player.

Irrational.

I really like the look of him - he's the kind of player Spurs would buy and he'd look a monster for them, and we'd end up moaning why we didn't go for him.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
We should seriously consider signing him. He is very good all-round player. Good at both ends.

promisedlanchiao

He’s constantly so much better than Matic its not even funny. Player for player we had more class than Watford yesterday apart from Matic vs Doucoure.

Ekeke

He’s constantly so much better than Matic its not even funny. Player for player we had more class than Watford yesterday apart from Matic vs Doucoure.
They played different positions, but yes Dououre was technically against Matic because Doucoure was an AM Vs. Matic and Ander at DM

BAMSOLA

Has issues!
Supports
A Crack Habit.
Good player who at 26 is about the right age to make an impact here for the right fee.

Similarly I'd love to see us go for Boubakary Soumare of Lille as well who has fantastic potential at just 20 years old and is exactly the type of player we would regret not pushing out the boat for.

Stadjer

High energy midfielder who is decent on the ball. The type of player we need
The question is if he can make the step up.. Schneiderlin also looked great but failed at United. I wonder if Doucoure could step up if he was given a chance.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Was he the one who won the ball in his half, made a surging run forward, picked out a pass to his team mate to set him up to almost score the winner at the end?

What a play that was. Should've scored though.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Didn't see the game today but hasn't he been shit for a while? (Before today)

haram

Was he the one who won the ball in his half, made a surging run forward, picked out a pass to his team mate to set him up to almost score the winner at the end?

What a play that was. Should've scored though.
Yeah, would have been a sensational goal.

Think you can say that about the whole of the Watford team.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
On the back of watching him last season, he'd walk into our midfield. This season, his start has been very shaky and I don't think the transfer speculation helped

Yeah, would have been a sensational goal.

Think you can say that about the whole of the Watford team.
He scored a superb goal at OT last season and ran the show

haram

On the back of watching him last season, he'd walk into our midfield. This season, his start has been very shaky and I don't think the transfer speculation helped

He scored a superb goal at OT last season and ran the show
Yeah, well Watford did dominate that game in general as well.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Yeah, well Watford did dominate that game in general as well.
I thought back then, that if Herrera was on the way out, why don't we go for this guy: right age, good engine,passing,shooting

Alabaster Codify7

Said last season, he was probably my first choice to replace Herrera as our 3rd man in a midfield three. Excellent midfielder, would have provided everything Herrera did along with a goal threat as well.

Instead, we replaced Herrera with...….nobody.

Bobski

Pity he did not finish that late chance, would have been one of my favourite goals for quite some time.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
Improved second half but he is nowhere near United quality, and I think that game in general showed why Watford and their players are where they are. Capable of some good moments but also absolutely woeful ones, and he was one of many players who were like that. Scuffing shots, misplaced balls, especially in the 1st half. He actually should have buried that final chance but shot it right at Leno where you'd expect a goalkeeper to save.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
What is he, a #8 ? Box to box rather than a DM judging by his position.

#CR7

Always been a fan but for the kind of fee Watford would command (£50m imo) we could find better value elsewhere

Moby

Dick
Anyone else thinks he can be a good option for us? Perhaps his fitness record isn't the greatest but even in an out of form Everton he has a huge presence. Proper box to box players who especially excels in transition, something we really need from our CMs. His decision making has improved greatly and his work rate has always been great. Has shown good creativity as well and has the ability to make the final pass. Would be a pretty good option to play in McTominay's position.

Walters_19_MuFc

Not for me. Decent enough player (don't think he's top level) but in McTominay and Fred we have two high energy box to box players - the type of player I would put Doucoure in. Some may argue that Fred and McTominay are not high level, hence why I don't believe adding Doucoure to our list of midfielders would benefit us.

What I personally feel we need is a holding player who can get on the ball. Rangnick, since coming in, has forever spoken about controlling the game. Not only off the ball, regards pressing and physical dominance, but when we get it, too, which is something we really struggle with. Someone to get their foot on the ball and dictate the pace of the game. When to quicken it up, when to slow it down, when to play long, short, etc.