Achraf Hakimi | Accused of rape

Status
Not open for further replies.

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
When was the last time PSG sold a player that they wanted to keep? He is their first choice RB and buddies with Mbappe no?

I don’t even think it is possible to run your contract down at PSG. The goddamn president will call you up if you do.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Aside from the first few matches last season, PSG's play has often skewed on the left side with Hakimi being forced to play conservatively.

Even with the 3 CBs current formation, Mendes is generally slightly higher and receives more passes this early season. It's been better for Hakimi than late Pochettino's setups though obviously.
Hakimi isn't currently stiffled though. Last season PSG used a back four and this season they don't, so it would be extremely surprising if he was unhappy and it makes no sense to claim that he is tacticall stiffled.

Also this season Hakimi has more touches per 90 than Nuno Mendes and a larger proportion of these touches are made in the middle and attacking third for Hakimi.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Would be a great signing, but not happening. I think a more realistic and possibly better signing would be Dumfries. Dumfries isn't as technically gifted but we need players like him. He combines physique, workrate and great positioning. 5 goals and 5 assists last season in the league, also already scored a goal this season.

Trequarista10

If we signed Hakimi I would 100% want us to play with a back three. He's a much better RWB than RB, especially if ETH insists on persisting with the inverted full back stuff.

Bruno - Martial - Sancho
Malacia - Casemiro - Eriksen - Hakimi
Martinez - Varane - Lindelof
Would improve every single one of our current squad, the only weakness currently would be RWB, and there wouldn't be much better than Hakimi.

Not happening, though.

abundance

Supports
Inter
Would be a great signing, but not happening. I think a more realistic and possibly better signing would be Dumfries. Dumfries isn't as technically gifted but we need players like him. He combines physique, workrate and great positioning. 5 goals and 5 assists last season in the league, also already scored a goal this season.
He's even more wing-backish than Hakimi though.
He's been brilliant for us in his less technical way but I'm not sure I'd trust him in a back four.

Anyway, if you want him, bring 50m cash and it's yours in 5 mins, we are perennialy in need of dough.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
He's even more wing-backish than Hakimi though.
He's been brilliant for us in his less technical way but I'm not sure I'd trust him in a back four.

Anyway, if you want him, bring 50m cash and it's yours in 5 mins, we are perennialy in need of dough.
Always played in a back 4 for PSV and has done so often enough for the Netherlands too. Might be better as RWB but have confidence he'd manage. Varane would have to start though, Maguire can't cover for him.

50 million euro's is much though, think teams would stay clear for now if that's the asking price.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Militao is a great specimen, will really become a world class defender if he irons out his deficiencies.

ravi2

The only way PSG sell Hakimi to us is if Rashford is going the other way, which would make the rumors of us going for Gakpo and Antony make sense.
Or it could be United PR up to their usual tricks trying to cool down the protest on Monday, which would be my guess.

Red Pumpkin

Supports
Bayern Munchen
Highly improbable. Seems to be Mbappes best mate, is world class, young, probably speaks french more or less from birth (second language for moroccans just like english is for many others. All the cool loan words come from french), gets to live in paris, high salary, PSG never yet losing a player they wanted to hold on to.

But yes, the guy is perhaps the best right back in the world at the moment so he would be an incredible upgrade. He is at worst top 5 in his position if you prefer TAA, Spinazzola, Kimmich (CM now) or someone else.

ilrm

Supports
Real Madrid
Please make this happen. He would be amazing at right back. So good going forward and so fast. Think he even had a partnership with sancho at Dortmund at one point.

He is a loyal son of Madrid ... he will be Carvajal's replacement in 2023/24 season. He only joined PSG after Zidane advised him to get playing time and he is grateful for the good advice and has a great relationship with us.

abundance

Supports
Inter
Always played in a back 4 for PSV and has done so often enough for the Netherlands too. Might be better as RWB but have confidence he'd manage. Varane would have to start though, Maguire can't cover for him.
Yep, that I know, it's just... He looked pretty lacking defensively when he arrived here... he's improved very fast admittedly, but in our setup he very rarely has to defend in the box or go one on one near the box without backup.

Good point about Varane though.

50 million euro's is much though, think teams would stay clear for now if that's the asking price.
At the beginning of the transfer season, I think you could've grab him for 35 easily.
Five days into the transfer window, we already signed Bellanova as 3rd choice RWB, an italian 22yo from Cagliari, with a physique and style of play that reminds Dumfries a lot - sure sign that we were contingency planning to make do without Dumfries.

But in the preseason, the youngster showed he really need some good apprenticeship time, plus Gosens on the other flank seems to really struggle with form and fitness... so for the club to sell now, it has to be for a sum that really balances the books for this year.

huyn

Supports
FC Nantes
Best RB in the world. I remember people saying he couldn't play in a back 4 or he couldn't defend. He's been the best defensive full back in the WC, and while he certainly would love to go forward more, he's doing what his team needs. Love his attitude as well, great leadership.

Bluelion7

Supports
Chelsea
Best RB in the world. I remember people saying he couldn't play in a back 4 or he couldn't defend. He's been the best defensive full back in the WC, and while he certainly would love to go forward more, he's doing what his team needs. Love his attitude as well, great leadership.
See… this is the danger in falling in love with players at a World Cup. What a player is willing to do over a short period of time, for their country, is no always indicative of who they are as a player for 50 odd club games a season.

Richarlison was willing to do all the brutal work as the focal 9 for Brazil. For clubs hes never been that guy and sees himself as Neymar.

Watching Ziyech work this tournament you would think he was a Klopp pressing acolyte. Under normal (club) circumstances he just isn’t that guy.

Im not saying Hakimi isn’t a great player; would have loved to have him at my team. But this idea of the World Cup proving that players are actually good defenders …. Or are actually hard workers .. the fact that it was a trap was discussed on ESPN FC’s 3 warnings to clubs shopping at the World Cup segment prior to the tournament for a reason.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
See… this is the danger in falling in love with players at a World Cup. What a player is willing to do over a short period of time, for their country, is no always indicative of who they are as a player for 50 odd club games a season.

Richarlison was willing to do all the brutal work as the focal 9 for Brazil. For clubs hes never been that guy and sees himself as Neymar.

Watching Ziyech work this tournament you would think he was a Klopp pressing acolyte. Under normal (club) circumstances he just isn’t that guy.

Im not saying Hakimi isn’t a great player; would have loved to have him at my team. But this idea of the World Cup proving that players are actually good defenders …. Or are actually hard workers .. the fact that it was a trap was discussed on ESPN FC’s 3 warnings to clubs shopping at the World Cup segment prior to the tournament for a reason.
Although it's not a guarantee but it shows you what a player can do potentially. The love some of them feel for their countries, they just can't play like that for a club that's for sure. Hakimi has always been like that IMHO, a consistent performer for clubs and country

huyn

Supports
FC Nantes

In Hakimi's case, it's not just based on this WC, he's been playing at this level for a while with PSG in a back 4, even though he doesnt have to defend as much obviously.

phelans shorts

In Hakimi's case, it's not just based on this WC, he's been playing at this level for a while with PSG in a back 4, even though he doesnt have to defend as much obviously.
He was also brilliant as Sancho’s out ball at Dortmund and had an excellent season at Inter under Conte. He’s superb.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Such a likeable and down to earth player.

Rolaholic

Him and James are head and shoulders the best in the world at their position. He's an absolute joy to watch and very humble in spite of all the early success he's had so far in his career

Baneofthegame

Agree with this, he is a fantastic player though.

dinostar77

Crazy that when we bought Wan Bissaka, he was at inter? I doubt they would have said no at the time to a £50mil bid (wan bissaka price).

Been class for PSG for some time in a back four. Top player.

Somehow we missed cancelo as well, when juventus wanted rid of him.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
Real Madrid's big mistake by selling him without giving him a chance.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
The lad has great mentality as well, I've been justified in liking him so much, hope psg dump him so we could get a sniff.

dinostar77

The lad has great mentality as well, I've been justified in liking him so much, hope psg dump him so we could get a sniff.
His best mate is mbappe so there is zero chance of psg dumping him. Mbappe v Hakimi in semi final should be a interesting watch.

abundance

Supports
Inter
He was also brilliant as Sancho’s out ball at Dortmund and had an excellent season at Inter under Conte. He’s superb.
In the year at Inter, he was immense for us, but at the start of the season he was taken out of the first team after a few games and put to work on his defensive/tactical game. He improved a lot in the following months but he looked just ok overall on that.
In the last year he really seems to have made a big step up on that.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
His best mate is mbappe so there is zero chance of psg dumping him. Mbappe v Hakimi in semi final should be a interesting watch.
Shame, he is such a gem, we probably should have tried to snatch him up from inter when there was an opening.

Will be the world's best rb for many years to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.