Adidas x Stone Roses to release Manchester United collection (Entrance music discussion at OT also)

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Looks like the original Tweet has been deleted, does that mean it was bollocks ?!

Rusholme Ruffian

When I first started going to United in the mid 80s the walk-on music was Baltimora - Tarzan Boy:

I'd love to know what the thinking was behind that one?!

Also, when I got married in 2005 I managed to convince my fiancee to walk down the aisle to This Is The One - she loved the song anyway and thought it was a really original idea. She was not happy when it dawned on her a year or two later that it's the song United walk down the aisle to as well :devil:

Herman Toothrot

Wind your neck in
Please. fecking tiring.

I quite like these. Think if I was in my twenties still, I'd consider it. There's just something a little cringy about it that I can't quite put my finger on. Go to see United, own Stone Roses records and have seen them live, and have a couple of Adidas tops like this... but somehow this feels a bit naff.

arthurka

This looks brilliant not buying shit with the Glazers owners. Will look for a some good almost Adidas ones on the web.

Wheato

Please. fecking tiring.

I quite like these. Think if I was in my twenties still, I'd consider it. There's just something a little cringy about it that I can't quite put my finger on. Go to see United, own Stone Roses records and have seen them live, and have a couple of Adidas tops like this... but somehow this feels a bit naff.
I am probably a similar age to you and would cringe if I saw a 40/50 year old man in baggy jeans and a bucket hat, but you only have to look at what the kids are wearing right now, and all this stuff is back in fashion. Including the stone roses songs playing in bars, clubs and cafes. This is what the yoot want, so give it to them.

Sweet Square

Well that video was awful. The average United season ticket holder is over 50 years old so I guess it’s fitting(Or struggling to fit). But the 90’s was a long time ago now so it would be nice if we could do something new.

Last edited:

CallyRed

I'm getting the bucket hat and also a pair of maracas. Mad fer it

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Well that video was awful. The average United season ticket holder is over 50 years old so I guess it’s fitting(Or struggling to fit). But the 90’s was a long time ago now so it would be nice if we could do something new.
United x Aitch collection

Grande

There will be clothes, there will be music, there will be football. There’ll be unofficial combo’s, and there will be official ones. An international familiy club could have any number of tunes and suit styles, including ‘the red smurfs’.

I feel pretty good about a great song from a very good album with quite cool artwork from a very decent Manchester band doing the honours.

Lennon

Love "This is the one" ... "I wanna be adored" would be another good shout.
But, if we need to change it I would go for "The Game" by Motörhead ...

TheReligion

Abusive
You’d have us coming out to this..

neon_badger

Anyone know if they're doing anything in the m
Hold onto the tags, it'll be worth £250 in six months time. Or as soon as it is sold out. Which will probably be pretty soon. Being a limited edition roll out.
Has any of it been confirmed as limited edition? Would be good if the megastore are selling some, I've been for a few of the trainer launches it can a surreal experience, definitely worth keeping hold of, they will only continue to increase in value.