Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
You simply dont know how a player will develop, so saying he wont be half the footballer Ronaldo was is quite stupid imo.
Its true we don't, but I'd imagine most people don't think Januzaj will be the greatest player of his generation like Ronaldo has. As i said earlier, half the player Ronaldo is - is in no way an insult to young Adnan. He will have a good career if he achieves that.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
WTF, he clearly should be in our starting line up, after di Maria he would be our second best winger. If we play a 433 he should start, but I dont think he will because LVG doesnt have the balls to bench one of the three stars. The Ronaldo comparison isnt a strange one, you can see the similarities but you cant say he will be as good as him that day, if people have said that, that's wrong but I havent seen a lot of people say that or imply that, but saying he wont be half as good as Ronaldo is also as wrong as you're doing.
No he shouldn't. And I don't see any Ronaldo similarities at all.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
And did you expect Ronaldo to achieve what he has done when he first arrived here? I see you said no to someone asking the same question, which means your current stance on Januzaj is contradictory to your own views. WUM?
I said earlier, i'm not wumming. So stop claiming I am.

Sammyjunn

In Smalling's pocket (as every other person)
Its true we don't, but I'd imagine most people don't think Januzaj will be the greatest player of his generation like Ronaldo has. As i said earlier, half the player Ronaldo is - is in no way an insult to young Adnan. He will have a good career if he achieves that.
Still, you cant say that, because you just dont know which development he'll make.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Still, you cant say that, because you just dont know which development he'll make.
Probabilistically, I'm comfortable saying he will be a very good player and have a fantastic career, but that he will never be in the Messi/Ronaldo category with multiple Ballon d'Ors and be considered one of the two best players on the planet for half a decade on the trot. Even getting to 50% of that mark would still make him a success though.

In Rainbows

Why come out with a comment like that after he just played in central midfield for the first time? It's clearly not his best position. How is this performance any indication that he shouldn't start? No one is asking for him to start as a central midfielder. Especially on a day where the older attackers didn't look great again.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Why shouldnt he, what would be your first line-up? Playing Young/Valencia???? No Ronaldo similarities? How can you say this.
Didn't say he shouldn't be considered for starting XI - just that he shouldn't rubber stamped as a permanent starter. He needs to be brought along gradually, not as some sort of bandage over a bullet wound saviour during our calamitous transition period. And lets agree to stop mentioning Ronaldo. Its beyond embarrassing.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Why come out with a comment like that after he just played in central midfield for the first time? It's clearly not his best position. How is this performance any indication that he shouldn't start? No one is asking for him to start as a central midfielder. Especially on a day where the older attackers didn't look great again.
Nothing to do with today mate. Thought he was one of our better players today.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
I think Adnan will reach a very high level to be considered one of the best in his position but I don't think he will reach the level of Messi or Ronaldo. In a few years if he keeps progressing he could be on the same level as Silva, Hazard and Gotze.

Sammyjunn

Probabilistically, I'm comfortable saying he will be a very good player and have a fantastic career, but that he will never be in the Messi/Ronaldo category with multiple Ballon d'Ors and be considered one of the two best players on the planet for half a decade on the trot. Even getting to 50% of that mark would still make him a success though.
Im not going to repeat myself again, if you dont think/know he will, its your case.

Livvie

Executive Manager being kept sane only by her madn
Scout
He needs more games to kickstart some momentum and confidence. It's not like he's sixteen.

Sammyjunn

Didn't say he shouldn't be considered for starting XI - just that he shouldn't rubber stamped as a permanent starter. He needs to be brought along gradually, not as some sort of bandage over a bullet wound saviour during our calamitous transition period. And lets agree to stop mentioning Ronaldo. Its beyond embarrassing.
The current Aaron Ramsey, yes, but Aaron still has the time to even impove more. But I cant say it with 100% assurance because I dont know what will happen with the kid. You?

caisenma

I ♥ Adnan
I said it before the game, and again now... Any formation that relies on ashley young, Valencia and Cleverley but doesn't have room for Januzaj is ridiculous.

Everyone can see it, except for Raoul whom Im still not certain isn't taking the piss.

Januzaj needs to start games.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
The current Aaron Ramsey, yes, but Aaron still has the time to even impove more. But I cant say it with 100% assurance because I dont know what will happen with the kid. You?
I rate Ramsey fairly high and think he could wind up as a slightly less prolific version of Lampard in terms of his goal contribution. If young Adnan, despite possibly playing in different position, is able to match that, I'll be quite happy.

Sammyjunn

I rate Ramsey fairly high and think he could wind up as a slightly less prolific version of Lampard in terms of his goal contribution. If young Adnan, despite possibly playing in different position, is able to match that, I'll be quite happy.
He could match Lampard's when you count from last season, this season he has had a couple in while his play has been quite bad, he has the knack of scoring goals. If he matches that, it would be OK, but if his potential is up to that I'd rather buy Reus/Depay. Our wings have been better in the past. Or even if he will be a #10 in the future, I would rather go for someone like Meyer. Not saying Ramsey isnt a good player something like that, I think if we have the ambition to be the topclub we once were, we should have wingers like Hazard, Angel, Robben, Ribery, Bale, Neymar (potentially), Reus, if he reaches Ramsey's level imo he would be a bit below that.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Agree on Reus and Depay - would love to have either of them, especially if it expedites Young and Valencia moving on.

anchan1989

When Ronaldo was 19, did you know that he would be as good as he is now?
He was a star in a team that reached the Euro finals. And he was not even close to 20. But yeah, this kid is close to that level...not.
He comes across as a nice kid but Im with Raoul on this one.
You insult Ronaldo and do fan hyping.

Sammyjunn

He was a star in a team that reached the Euro finals. And he was not even close to 20. But yeah, this kid is close to that level...not.
He comes across as a nice kid but Im with Raoul on this one.
You insult Ronaldo and do fan hyping.
On the other side, his stats are slightly worse than Adnan's while he was playing in a far far better team atm. Adnan has shone in our darkest times in years. Nice kid, thats how serious I should take you. Not saying he will be as good as Ronaldo one day, but to already say he wont be half Ronaldo is a bit ridiculous imo.

anchan1989

On the other side, his stats are slightly worse than Adnan's while he was playing in a far far better team atm. Adnan has shone in our darkest times in years. Nice kid, thats how serious I should take you. Not saying he will be as good as Ronaldo one day, but to already say he wont be half Ronaldo is a bit ridiculous imo.
Not being close with 19 doesnt mean never be as good. Reus was nowhere near world class with 21. And look now.
But some talk here like he is already mega special. He is not. He is a good player so far who gets way more attention then he deserves because he is with United. And his scorer numbers are nothing better.
I just think you should put it all in perspective. Look at old threads of Andy Caroll(?) and so much other young players who were hyped up and then didnt do special things.

Sammyjunn

Not being close with 19 doesnt mean never be as good. Reus was nowhere near world class with 21. And look now.
But some talk here like he is already mega special. He is not. He is a good player so far who gets way more attention then he deserves because he is with United. And his scorer numbers are nothing better.
I just think you should put it all in perspective. Look at old threads of Andy Caroll(?) and so much other young players who were hyped up and then didnt do special things.
I have had to hear enough bollocks today, cheers. If you cant see Januzaj is a special player/talent, I wonder who is in your opinion.

Raoul

Admin
Staff

Pretty much this.

El-Manos

Pretty much this.
Think you're wrong regarding Adnan, was our only bright spark last season in a shocking united team at the age of 18-19. Will be special in a few years, not claiming he'll reach ronaldo's level though.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
You think he is promising? Young talented footballer who is developing you said, same can be said of Townsend and Bolasie. His promise according to you is that he wont ever reach half of Ronaldo, not so promising to me.
Yeah he's definitely promising. Being half the player Ronaldo has become would be a very good career for him. There's a difference between promising and special though. Special should never be used unless a player is in the Ronaldo, Messi, Neymar type mold.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Think you're wrong regarding Adnan, was our only bright spark last season in a shocking united team at the age of 18-19. Will be special in a few years, not claiming he'll reach ronaldo's level though.
How so ? Which past "special" player would you say Adnan's career will match ?

Sammyjunn

Yeah he's definitely promising. Being half the player Ronaldo has become would be a very good career for him. There's a difference between promising and special though. Special should never be used unless a player is in the Ronaldo, Messi, Neymar type mold.
Do you mean half of the goal Ronaldo has scored, half of the things Ronaldo has won or half of the qualities Ronaldo has?

Mad Winger

We ought to switch to a 4-3-3 and let Januzaj start on one of the wings with Di Maria on the other. I don't ever want to see a starting XI with Rooney and RVP again.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Do you mean half of the goal Ronaldo has scored, half of the things Ronaldo has won or half of the qualities Ronaldo has?
Being a devastating world beater for 6-7 years on the trot mainly - a complete fecking footballer - the goals, the FKs, headers, tricks, ability to grab a game by the scruff, make everyone around him better, and ultimately wind up in discussions of the greatest footballers ever.

Sammyjunn

Being a devastating world beater for 6-7 years on the trot mainly - a complete fecking footballer - the goals, the FKs, headers, tricks, ability to grab a game by the scruff, make everyone around him better, and ultimately wind up in discussions of the greatest footballers ever.
Ronaldo makes everyone around him better? How? He makes everyone work for him, Messi makes everyone around him better. What was the last time you saw Ronaldo doing a trick? Januzaj doesnt strike me like the score goals type of guy, he is a #10 while Ronaldo is a striker who plays on the wing. Lets do it in numbers, lets say Ronaldo and all his qualities is a 9.6, what do you think Januzaj will be.

Devil may care

He didn't do anything wrong today but it felt a waste bringing him on to play as a CM, he's still at his best when drifting in from the wings IMO.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Ronaldo makes everyone around him better? How? He makes everyone work for him, Messi makes everyone around him better. What was the last time you saw Ronaldo doing a trick? Januzaj doesnt strike me like the score goals type of guy, he is a #10 while Ronaldo is a striker who plays on the wing. Lets do it in numbers, lets say Ronaldo and all his qualities is a 9.6, what do you think Januzaj will be.
Your argument isn't furthered by trying to knock Ronaldo down. The numbers can't be qualified in terms of 1-10 as there are too many variables involved. Lets say that if Adnan winds up as good as Aaron Ramsey is today, he can be considered a success.

Status
Not open for further replies.