5.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

In Rainbows

I don't understand some people on here. Adnan is a great player and has a bright future ahead of him. Whats the big deal having him play in the starting 11, he will get his playing time in due time. A team does not rely only on the 11 starting players but the whole squad and he is a part of that. LVG does rate him very highly as he's on the bench week in week out. He's 19 ffs he will develop more as a player and as long as he is developing we needn't worry. People discussing whether RVP or Mata should be next to go to make way for Januzaj is rather ...... We should be wanting players like Valencia, Young, Fellaini, Fletcher, Anderson to leave not RVP and Mata.
I don't think Januzaj should be a guaranteed starter, but he does need starts.

Will Absolute

I don't understand some people on here. Adnan is a great player and has a bright future ahead of him. Whats the big deal having him play in the starting 11, he will get his playing time in due time.
That's nonsense really.

Rossi, Pique and Pogba would all have gotten playing time in due time. None of them waited around.

Use him or lose him. It's as simple as that.

(A well chosen loan might help matters, but trying to placate him with a place on the bench, U21 games and promises for the future won't work.)

red_devil83

He needs game time. Slightly concerned at the lack of time he has on the pitch. I currently think he should be used to replace Di Maria at 75 minutes or so. Hopefully he can learn from him in training also.

Don't really see a place for him with our shape and forward line though :confused:

JohnnyLaw

I don't understand some people on here. Adnan is a great player and has a bright future ahead of him. Whats the big deal having him play in the starting 11, he will get his playing time in due time. A team does not rely only on the 11 starting players but the whole squad and he is a part of that. LVG does rate him very highly as he's on the bench week in week out. He's 19 ffs he will develop more as a player and as long as he is developing we needn't worry. People discussing whether RVP or Mata should be next to go to make way for Januzaj is rather ...... We should be wanting players like Valencia, Young, Fellaini, Fletcher, Anderson to leave not RVP and Mata.
When is that time going to come though? Mata, Rooney, Falcao and RVP still have plenty of time left at top level unless one or two of them move on he will only be a bit par player for perhaps Another 2-4 years. As Will Absolute Points out you can't expect a talent like Januzaj to just sit it out especially not if another top european team comes in with a better offer. In terms of development you could perhaps make a comparison between Pogba and Welbeck, one left to a team who were willing to back him and quickly rose to his potential, while the other perhaps stayed too long playing a bit par and quite experimental role in the squad and maybe therefore isn't where he could've been at this point in his career.

wiz4231

That's nonsense really.

Rossi, Pique and Pogba would all have gotten playing time in due time. None of them waited around.

Use him or lose him. It's as simple as that.

(A well chosen loan might help matters, but trying to placate him with a place on the bench, U21 games and promises for the future won't work.)
Where's he going to go? Real Madrid? To do what sit on the bench.....

A lot of you are acting like he's getting no playing time at all... Out of 7 games this season he's played a part in 3/4 matches and 2 U21 games...why all the hysteria?

We have just started the season, theres plenty more games to play, relax he will still be here next season. He is apart of the future and his time will come, in all honesty he is not ready to be a starter for UTD week in week out, he needs to develop more, he will get games here and there at the highest level, he will continue to improve as a player

wiz4231

He needs game time. Slightly concerned at the lack of time he has on the pitch. I currently think he should be used to replace Di Maria at 75 minutes or so. Hopefully he can learn from him in training also.

Don't really see a place for him with our shape and forward line though :confused:
He's a #10 and will play that role in the future. We don't even know if we will be playing this formation next year, LVG will have 2 more windows to improve us.

ZDwyr

He's in a difficult situation. With Rooney out Mata will probably be the one who comes in, I wouldn't mind it being Januzaj though.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
He most likely wasn't. I'd guess he was actually aiming for the player at the back posts and it just went in.

JackXX

Aiming for the far side of goal in a shot/cross is very effective. It sounds like Di Maria had been working on it a lot for his goal vs QPR so maybe Adnan has been doing similar.

Melvyn

prostate examiner
I'm not worried about LVG not trusting in him/youth. He's already given McNair, Thorpe and Blackett starts even though Ferguson would most probably have played Fletcher or some other senior player at CB. Given his previous track record, LVG won't hesitate to drop big name players for younger players if he feels that the younger player is going to perform better. Januzaj is unfortunate that he's stuck in between being too good for u21s and not being ahead of Rooney/Mata/others. As for dropping RVP, he's scored twice in two games so that's not going to happen anytime soon. Januzaj just need to buckle down and keep working hard in training. Shining light in a steaming pile of shite last season yes, but it's a new manager this season, as Mata is probably realising.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
I'm hopeful that at some point in the season we'll have a run of games where both both Di Maria and Januzaj start.

Sherzad

"Having followed his debut season with a trip to the World Cup with Belgium - an experience which forced him to miss United's pre-season trip to the United States - a decision was made at Old Trafford to manage Januzaj's appearances this season and nurture his progress just as Ferguson had nurtured that of Giggs two decades earlier."

Lothar

He's been on the pitch in 5 of our 6 league games. Clearly there's an effort to grow him into the team.

Manucho the boss

He's only 2 months younger than Sterling who is being given much more responsibility and is really stepping up. I'm sure it's frustrating for him to watch that and hopefully he'll be in the team before it's too late.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
He's only 2 months younger than Sterling who is being given much more responsibility and is really stepping up. I'm sure it's frustrating for him to watch that and hopefully he'll be in the team before it's too late.
Yeah, but Liverpool are already growing over reliant on Sterling, even this early in the season. And that's not good for a nineteen year old.

jeff_goldblum

Yeah, but Liverpool are already growing over reliant on Sterling, even this early in the season. And that's not good for a nineteen year old.
Very true. There are a lot of lessons to be learnt from what happened to Owen and, to a lesser extent, Giggs. Obviously Giggs adapted immensely and was still a great player as he matured but he played a lot of football at a young age (99 first team games at the age of 19) which arguably contributed to the series of hamstring injuries that took away that incredible pace he had as a teenager.

Devil may care

Rodgers has been open about wanting to be careful with Sterling being overplayed but has had no choice given how he's their best player, we don't have that issue right now with Adnan.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Very true. There are a lot of lessons to be learnt from what happened to Owen and, to a lesser extent, Giggs. Obviously Giggs adapted immensely and was still a great player as he matured but he played a lot of football at a young age (99 first team games at the age of 19) which arguably contributed to the series of hamstring injuries that took away that incredible pace he had as a teenager.
Indeed. Everyone forgets that Giggs' performances declined markedly in his 20s because of his fitness, never quite living up to his teen genius YPFA winning years of 93 & 94. When everyone thought he'd be the new Best. So markedly in fact that he was booed in 2002, with many fans quite happy to sell him. He was certainly the least crucial and revered member of that hollwed midfield at the time.

That seems absolutely daft obviously, but it's a part of his career that's completely brushed under the carpet now. The yoga wasn't so much foresight to prolongue his career, it was a method of fixing the damage done to it.

Last edited:

mu4c_20le

That FK goal just shows how much confidence the boy has right now. It's lovely watching a young player play like he knows he's better than everyone else on that pitch, he knows he's good enough for a first team chance and it shows. LVG can't ignore him forever. His coaches will be constantly in his ear, telling him how Adnan has shown a remarkable improvement in training and should be ready for more first team opportunity.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Rodgers has been open about wanting to be careful with Sterling being overplayed but has had no choice given how he's their best player, we don't have that issue right now with Adnan.
One player I'd like to do well outside of United is Sterling, great to see a young English player doing so well week in week out, he Barkley and Shaw could be the foundations of a cracking England team in a few years.

Oo0AahCantona

Wish we would just use 1 striker then 1 of mata or rooney behind. Leaving space for di maria and januzaj on the wings. we would be so much more balanced and have a shitton of depth.

Will Absolute

"Having followed his debut season with a trip to the World Cup with Belgium - an experience which forced him to miss United's pre-season trip to the United States - a decision was made at Old Trafford to manage Januzaj's appearances this season and nurture his progress just as Ferguson had nurtured that of Giggs two decades earlier."
Horseshit.

A decision was made to bring in a bunch of expensive stars which left no room in the team for Januzaj.

He's nineteen, not sixteen, and there's a difference between not overplaying a young prospect and not playing him at all.

Devil may care

One player I'd like to do well outside of United is Sterling, great to see a young English player doing so well week in week out, he Barkley and Shaw could be the foundations of a cracking England team in a few years.
Agreed, England have probably the best nucleus of young attacking talent we have had in some time so beyond club rivalry It is great to see Sterling developing so well.

Mockney

Horseshit.

A decision was made to bring in a bunch of expensive stars which left no room in the team for Januzaj.

He's nineteen, not sixteen, and there's a difference between not overplaying a young prospect and not playing him at all.
He's played in 5 of our 6 league games. He's playing.

Manucho the boss

He's played in 5 of our 6 league games. He's playing.
That stat is nonsense to be fair, 4 mins against Burnley, 9 minutes v QPR, 15 minutes against Leicester when we've already collapsed and couldn't even get the ball. Do you honestly think he'll be happy with that?

caisenma

I ♥ Adnan
That stat is nonsense to be fair, 4 mins against Burnley, 9 minutes v QPR, 15 minutes against Leicester when we've already collapsed and couldn't even get the ball. Do you honestly think he'll be happy with that?
unfortunately, probably not.

but what's funny about this is how people claim he's "gone off the boil", and has been disappointing this year. He's literally hardly played at all, so how it's possible for people say he's struggling this year is beyond me.

Kag

19 year old players don't develop by sitting on the substitutes bench. That excuse is paltry. Rooney, Ronaldo, Fabregas and Messi weren't sat on the bench at that age, and neither were many other players now currently near the summit of the game. Januzaj should be playing fairly regularly and if and when we finish top four this season, Van Gaal should be doing all he can to build the team around him going forward. We have an exceptional talent at the club and we should never be left to wonder what if. I'm not worried yet, though, I just don't agree that rest is best.

Hal9000

What was he like when he was played in CM in Pre-Season? He's not the greatest defensively but think he can do a job replacing Herrera and doing a similar role to Di Maria on the left.

Mockney

Yes, if he's not a prima donna. As long as he's being given assurances by LVG, which I assume he is. He's been given the No11 shirt, which is a fairly big gesture of faith, put under the tutelage of Giggs and given constant game time in the U21s, which to me shows that LVG wants to keep him fit, active and playing regularly. Everyone's getting completely carried away with the lack of starts for a precocious young talent half of you hadn't heard of this time last year. After 6 games of a new season.

In Rainbows

What was he like when he was played in CM in Pre-Season? He's not the greatest defensively but think he can do a job replacing Herrera and doing a similar role to Di Maria on the left.
He didn't play in cm vs Valencia. That was his only pre-season match. He played cm vs Sunderland and looked meh. You could tell he wasn't used to the position and it certainly isn't a position that gets the best out of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.