Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
In fairness our injuries haven't really been in his position. He's not really competing for a spot with Jones, Rafa, Evans, Blind, Shaw etc
The real question is whether we actually have a position available for him in LvG's system. He won't be playing as a #10 with Rooney and Mata about and we're not exactly using wingers anymore.

LR7

The real question is whether we actually have a position available for him in LvG's system. He won't be playing as a #10 with Rooney and Mata about and we're not exactly using wingers anymore.
I edited my last post but I definitely think there is a place for him. If LvG wants two wingers it's Adnan and Di Maria. He might not get as much time with the diamond but LvG has shown that felxibility so far and I think there will be games that Adnan is suited to. Might not be a starter week in week out but he can definitely get minutes. Mata isn't really first choice either.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I edited my last post but I definitely think there is a place for him. If LvG wants two wingers it's Adnan and Di Maria. He might not get as much time with the diamond but LvG has shown that felxibility so far and I think there will be games that Adnan is suited to. Might not be a starter week in week out but he can definitely get minutes. Mata isn't really first choice either.
If indeed he wants wingers then Januzaj is definitely an option, but if he's going diamond with Di Maria in a more central role, it would probably lessen the options of including Adnan, as the other midfielders would need to actually be proper midfielder and not converted wingers.

Sammyjunn

In Smalling's pocket (as every other person)

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/footbal...januzaj-heading-for-sociedad-loan_192676.html

Not a reputable source by any means, but makes a lot of sense with Sociedad lacking goals and for all of Moyes' failings last season, you have to admit he handled Januzaj well. Would like to see him get some game time there.
not sure I want him going to spain as I think he would benefit more by further exposure to the premier league - but a loan to a PL club could be an option and he would walk into most first teams bar our cl place competition (and we wouldnt loan him there anyway I presume)

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
not sure I want him going to spain as I think he would benefit more by further exposure to the premier league - but a loan to a PL club could be an option and he would walk into most first teams bar our cl place competition (and we wouldnt loan him there anyway I presume)
Yeah, maybe, but I think any games atm would help. He'll find it hard to fit in the system currently and I see him being restricted to cup games, unless he absolutely runs the show when he gets his chance.

Mersault

What was the pay-out for Moyes? I'd loan him Januzaj for the rest of the season for the exact same amount, plus Sociedad cover Januzaj's wages and promise to play him every game he's fit for

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
He will start against Liverpool. Against Southampton we had nobody that could skip past a defender and create.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
A 6 month loan where he would get starts is not a bad idea. Doesn't look like he is going to get many chances here with everyone fit. The diamond or 352 are likely to be the predominant formations.

GloryHunter07

Our formation isn't suited to him at the moment, but he will still be developing and learning from Van Gal. Keep hold of him for now i say.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
A 6 month loan where he would get starts is not a bad idea. Doesn't look like he is going to get many chances here with everyone fit. The diamond or 352 are likely to be the predominant formations.
Yep, we're a much better team without him. Which is a problem because we'll be a much better team with him in a few years.

That's the difficulty of bringing through youngsters in the situation we are in.

When you've got 9 or 10 top players like we used to have all playing in a settled team and system, it's a lot easier to bring your youngsters through.

I'd love to see him get a January loan at a midtable club. It would be great for his development.

Smores

Our formation isn't suited to him at the moment, but he will still be developing and learning from Van Gal. Keep hold of him for now i say.
Great coach or not you still need regular games at a top level to progress.

If say a loan would do him good but we still need him as he's one of the only players offering us the tactical flexibility of width.

jb8521

I don't see the point in loaning him. As far as I can see the reason he's not getting many games is because he's quite naive tactically and plays his game instinctively which helped him impress last year because his style was different to the monotonous style the rest of the team were playing whereas in van gaals style of play players have to have set roles and stick to these roles in order for the system to work. I think working under van gaal this season will give him a better understanding of the game and only benefit him in the long run far more than playing games in a different team with different systems and ideas.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Yep, we're a much better team without him. Which is a problem because we'll be a much better team with him in a few years.

That's the difficulty of bringing through youngsters in the situation we are in.

When you've got 9 or 10 top players like we used to have all playing in a settled team and system, it's a lot easier to bring your youngsters through.

I'd love to see him get a January loan at a midtable club. It would be great for his development.
That's a bit harsh. He's started about 4 games this season and two of them was against the two best teams in the league. And he was probably our best attacking player against Chelsea.

I can't shake off the feeling that he'd thrive if LVG played him through the middle.

Spielmacher

That's a bit harsh. He's started about 4 games this season and two of them was against the two best teams in the league. And he was probably our best attacking player against Chelsea.

I can't shake off the feeling that he'd thrive if LVG played him through the middle.
You mean in a 4-1-2-1-2 as the AM? Possible. Can't see him playing in a midfield-three though. Even though it works excellent for me at PES 2015.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
You mean in a 4-1-2-1-2 as the AM? Possible. Can't see him playing in a midfield-three though. Even though it works excellent for me at PES 2015.
I mean playing behind RVP and Rooney as the AM. He's clearly got excellent vision and his dynamism will add something extra to our attacks. Also, his relative lack of pace (i'm not saying he's slow before anyone takes offence) will not be an issue through the middle.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
I think he can play as the most attacking one in a midfield three like Di Maria. Adnan can work just as hard and is more than willing to put himself about in a challenge. He has said in the past his favourite position is in midfield and he can play a number 8 role.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
He is a number 10. I can understand playing him out wide while he is so young but you can tell by his instincts he is a 10.

His vision and eye for a through ball is wasted out wide. And as a winger in England you need strength and an explosive first couple of yards. Andnan is fast but takes him a while to get going.

But I still want him here. Too bad we got knocked out of the league cup. He should be playing more.

Redo91

He is a number 10. I can understand playing him out wide while he is so young but you can tell by his instincts he is a 10.

His vision and eye for a through ball is wasted out wide. And as a winger in England you need strength and an explosive first couple of yards. Andnan is fast but takes him a while to get going.

But I still want him here. Too bad we got knocked out of the league cup. He should be playing more.
This. He really impressed as a 10 when Moyes played him there last season. I guess with Mata and Rooney at the club he will have to wait for a proper run in the team as a 10. I see Mata gone by next season so it could be an option to play Rooney up top with RVP/Falcao and have Januzaj in behind them in a diamond formation. In the meantime I don't see how loaning him out would make any sense. With the injuries we are getting he will get chances and the time spent with our world class attackers will be invaluable in the long run.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
Great coach or not you still need regular games at a top level to progress.

If say a loan would do him good but we still need him as he's one of the only players offering us the tactical flexibility of width.
This is it, basically. He needs to play.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
He's a fine young winger having a difficult second season and making a few poor decisions. That's all there is to it. He will still go on to be a very good player.

Any time a young player who can play in multiple positions has a bad run it's because they're "not in their natural position". Or is it, you know, because they're yong and lernin?

Borys

Statistics Wizard
He hasn't been included for some time now. That's what I don't like.

He wasn't even on the bench so I'm not sure what it's all about.

JackXX

I don't get it. We have one of Europes best young players but we continue with the Fletcher & Wilson subs. Can't believe he wasn't on the bench even. I want to see Wilson do well but he's not anywhere near Adnans level.

Pyroblazer

That's a hot jacket, man
Maybe he is injured, we don't know anything. He is the only player in our squad who was injury-free this season, so probably about time to injure himself in training :mad:

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
It is a bit concerning that Januzaj cant even get minutes off the bench at the moment. Games like today would have been ideal to bring him on after 60 minutes or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.