5.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

FromTheBench

He'd do well at most PL clubs. And can see plenty of interest if we wanna loan.

He is Valencia lite all of a sudden ? :houllier:

Sammyjunn

In Smalling's pocket (as every other person)
he has 11 appearances already lmao. People need some patience.
He has 423 minutes in 11 matches, that's not really good for someone he will be 20 in 2 minutes, he needs rhythm, game time. Probably it will come with the FA Cup, but who says we'll stay in it to the end? I really think the best thing for him is just playing frequently, all talents who develop fast have that.

Rykker_4united

Supports
Keep Rodgers at Pool.
He has 423 minutes in 11 matches, that's not really good for someone he will be 20 in 2 minutes, he needs rhythm, game time. Probably it will come with the FA Cup, but who says we'll stay in it to the end? I really think the best thing for him is just playing frequently, all talents who develop fast have that.
my feck, that soon?

We have many players around that age who play significantly less. Hs growth is not being harmed by playing occasional games or minutes. This is not FIFA, progress isn't linear, nor is it dependent entirely on playing.

Sammyjunn

In Smalling's pocket (as every other person)
my feck, that soon?

We have many players around that age who play significantly less. Hs growth is not being harmed by playing occasional games or minutes. This is not FIFA, progress isn't linear, nor is it dependent entirely on playing.
Not entirely, but how long are we going to keep this this way, since he has lacked rythmn he just looks complete off, with all the competition he has it doesnt help him either, di Maria/Herrera for attacking midfield, Rooney/Mata for the 10. position, it's incredibly difficult for him to get in the XI, ofcourse the injuries 'help' him a little bit, but he isnt good enough yet and I think rythmn, playing time would be best for him.

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
I'm kind of glad (kind of) that he hasn't hit the heights of last season. Last year the weight of the team was put on his shoulders, if he continued, the pressure would just be increasing by the week. His lack of form has allowed him to go under the radar. When he steps on the pitch, no one is expecting him to carry the team and he is able to just concentrate on developing.

Of course I would prefer him to tear teams apart again but I am not concerned at all. He has years to go before we should be expecting consistent top class displays. Until then, let him be.

Whiteside1985

Don't loan him out.

He has bags of talent, it's his decision making that is letting him down at the moment. That will improve with experience & games.
No bad thing that he has a spell when he's playing a few reserve games to get some form back. I think he will still have a part to play this season.

IceDevil

What's the point of loaning him out? The FA cup is coming, of course he'll have more minutes.

Speak

Step up to my misogyny soapbox
A loan to Spain would be great. Suso got 33 games there, played the big boys, didn't get chopped in half.
Something like that would be great.

Not to Moyes though, and I like Moyes. But... just no.
A club with less to play for would be ideal.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Wouldn't have an issue with sending him over to Moyes, he did trust him as a player and played him quite a bit. He would definitely get more game time over there.

Glanville95

With our injuries and lack of quality from wide players that would be a huge mistake IMO. He hasn't had much game-time so far, but for all we know, he might get a lengthy run in the second half of the season.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Wouldn't have an issue with sending him over to Moyes, he did trust him as a player and played him quite a bit. He would definitely get more game time over there.
Yep, Moyes is better than half the managers out there anyway and as you say he'd pretty much guarantee Adnan being a main player for them. Sociedad also have some good players to learn from and La Liga is a good league all around to get experience. Personally, I'd probably keep him here but if van Gaal decides to send him out I think it would also do good.

Speak

Nothing against Moyes himself. But I just think it's very possible that Moyes finds himself in a situation where he needs results, and doesn't want to play a young loan player.
There are a number of other clubs where he'd be guaranteed to start. If Suso can get 33 games, Januzaj can.

I think (for no tangible reason) that he's a bit disillusioned with things here. Going from key player to having fewer appearances. Plus the Belgium situation.

A run of solid games would be amazing for him.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Nothing against Moyes himself. But I just think it's very possible that Moyes finds himself in a situation where he needs results, and doesn't want to play a young loan player.

There are a number of other clubs where he'd be guaranteed to start. If Suso can get 33 games, Januzaj can.
Moyes needed results and heavily relied on Januzaj at times last year. I don't think thats a good point as Moyes clearly rates Januzaj as someone that will get him those points.

Speak

Moyes needed results and heavily relied on Januzaj at times last year. I don't think thats a good point as Moyes clearly rates Januzaj as someone that will get him those points.
In a sense, Januzaj forced his way into Moyes' team at united.
If he doesn't do that in Spain - for whatever reason, there's no guarantee that Moyes will keep playing him (over his own players) because of what he might do or what he did in the past.

There are clubs where he'd play, no matter the circumstance. A loan to Moyes wouldn't be too bad, but I'd look for a loan to a team lower down the table.

caisenma

I ♥ Adnan
Adnan still hasnt had much of an opportunity to play in his best positions, either centrally or on the wing where he's clearly been told to keep to the touchline.

The biggest problem has been our lack of games... We have been involved in one competition this year, whereas our main rivals have been involved in three. On a hopeful assumption that we finish top four, we're guaranteed to play a lot more football next year and he'll undoubtedly get a better run of games.

In Rainbows

He just really needs a great game to jump start his season. Not only will it show LVG he deserves playing time, but it can give him some confidence. Maybe all he needs is a little more freedom to go central. Either way, I don't think a loan is necessary.

LR7

Id rather we keep him here and play him. He will get games.

Walters_19_MuFc

I don't understand how people wouldn't think a loan wouldn't be good for him if he isn't getting game time here. I mean, with Van Gaal favouring the diamond, Januzaj doesn't really have a place in the team. Having said that, Van Gaal often changes systems, and if we ever need to play with wingers, I can imagine Adnan will start. I guess he'll have to just be patient, but without CL football, and being out of the COC, he probably won't start much between now and the end of the season.

RedDF

Have you people forgotten how injury prone our squad is? He will get games.

Utd7

As people have mentioned, he's going to play plenty considering how many injuries we have sustained. Di Maria is out for Southampton, he might start Monday.

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
I think the Southampton game is a great opportunity for him (if he is selected).

JackXX

We don't have enough cover to be loaning him out. I'm sure he will get games especially in the busy period coming up. Next year will be a lot better for him.

Varun

Staff
No chance of a loan considering our wide options. Would like him to work with LVG anyways,

Kostur

海尔的老板
Funnily enough I guess that loan to Moyes' Real would be the best option. He's trusted him, played him, Adnan bailed him out numerous times so he'd probably be played there.

What I wouldn't want is another shit loan like Powell or Zaha's where they're playing very little minutes. I wonder, is it possible to construct the loan-contract in such way that the takers have to play them whenever possible or something?

Because if it's not, then there's simply no point. I'd rather he worked with LVG and other fantastic players in the training ground than warm a bench in some shit midtable team.

Revan

Assumptionman
Unless we recall Nani from loan, it would be madness to send Adnan on loan. We need options on the bench.

If we send him on loan, Sociedad would be a good destination. Moyes truested him last season (when Moyes was in a worse position than this year) so I would expect Adnan to be a regular there (in fact, a key player too).

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Januzaj will get more games with the fa cup soon. He had a run of starts a month or so ago but he wasn't that good. Was decent but that's about it. Just having a more difficult second season but he'll be better off staying here and training with the first team rather then go to Moyes's Sociedad, who would make him play the complete opposite of what Van Gaal would want him.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
Funnily enough I guess that loan to Moyes' Real would be the best option. He's trusted him, played him, Adnan bailed him out numerous times so he'd probably be played there.

What I wouldn't want is another shit loan like Powell or Zaha's where they're playing very little minutes. I wonder, is it possible to construct the loan-contract in such way that the takers have to play them whenever possible or something?

Because if it's not, then there's simply no point. I'd rather he worked with LVG and other fantastic players in the training ground than warm a bench in some shit midtable team.
I haven't yet made my mind on this loan and I'm not sure if it would be a good idea or not, however, if we do send him out, I'm almost certain he'll play a lot. Sociedad are actually very dire in attack this season, from what I've seen. The quality is far from impressive, and the width even less so. They've got a total of 5 attacking players for 4 positions currently (they play 4:2:3:1) and all of them (except Vela and maybe Prieto) are, well... inconsistent, to put it mildly. Januzaj would get into that team without any problems. They've got absolutely no one decent at LW. Canales and Castro have played there this season and both are shit.

LR7

He hasn't played much despite our injury crisis, so its unlikely he will play more than he has once the crisis ends.
In fairness our injuries haven't really been in his position. He's not really competing for a spot with Jones, Rafa, Evans, Blind, Shaw etc. Plus he's started some of the biggest games of the season so far. LvG varies his tactics/formations a lot depending on the opposition so I think he will get games.

Status
Not open for further replies.