Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

Reminded me of Hazard kind of, just slower and not as good of a dribbler obviously. He's that type of wide player who can vary it up with his pace and dribbling, or come inside and do clever through passes which is probably his best attribute. Really needs to work on his shooting though. It seems decent enough when he goes to place it but he always skies it horrendously when he puts his foot through it.

Seems a bit more bulkier too then from the start of the season.

NoPace

The problem is that most players look better in the center. It's easier to attack from the middle unless you have really top-end pace. How many wide players are really consistently good enough and productive enough to really be nailed on starters at a club trying to win the treble? The list of 9's or AM's good enough is significantly higher.

I think Januzaj will be mainly right-sided player here in a few years once he's productive enough. We just have too many central attackers (Rooney, Falcao, RVP, Mata, Wilson, Hernandez, Di Maria, Herrera) compared to wide options (Di Maria, Nani, Januzaj, Zaha) and nobody else merits inclusion as a long-term option currently on the team or on loan, with all due respect to Valencia.

Rooney will die here and no manager seems to see him as a serious option at LW even though if he could find a way to score some goals from there cutting in our front 6 becomes a lot more logical. That's already one central spot taken up, and we seem likely to buy Falcao and RVP will probably have a purple patch at some point as he's still incredibly skillful if clearly aging.

Blue always red

Just been watching his highlights from the last few games and I am certain he will go on to become one of the best in the world. The Chelsea highlights show some real bits of individual brilliance. He tore Ivanovich apart that game.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Just been watching his highlights from the last few games and I am certain he will go on to become one of the best in the world. The Chelsea highlights show some real bits of individual brilliance. He tore Ivanovich apart that game.
I think it helped him that he did have Fellaini support him so that he wasn't double-teamed all of the time, like di Maria was. Plus, he seems to be more comfortable playing on the left channel.

I still think he can become world class, but for all of the maturity he showed last season, we now see that he's still naive in his approach this season. More match time will help him become a better player.

Henrik Larsson

Still logged in at RAWK (help!)
This. Compared to Robben and RVP aged 19, who both started their career as left wingers, Adnan is up there for sure. He´s actually so similar to a young RVP that it´s creepy. Perhaps he is even a little bit faster, literally making him a RVP/Robben hybrid-lovechild. Only injuries or a bad mentality could stop him from becoming one of the best in the world.

Annahnomoss

This. Compared to Robben and RVP aged 19, who both started their career as left wingers, Adnan is up there for sure. He´s actually so similar to a young RVP that it´s creepy. Perhaps he is even a little bit faster, literally making him a RVP/Robben hybrid-lovechild. Only injuries or a bad mentality could stop him from becoming one of the best in the world.
He beat his full back once in the game against Chelsea, when Ivanovic tore him down just by the penalty area. That is simply not enough to be considered so highly as an out and out winger. Apart from that all his good moments comes from cutting in, crossing and passing. Compared to wingers I think he has the best passing and vision except Di Maria and Ribery. His penetrative passing is world class already, his close control allows him to challenge defenders like Ivanovic and still get a shot/pass/cross off comfortably.

His entire skill set just screams attacking midfielder, where he can play on either side - or even as an inside forward. With Rooney-Fellaini/Mata centrally - supposed to be very attacking - it pushes the wingers as far out as possible.

Of course him and Shaw has room to grow as players, and Shaw especially can be tactically much more offensive which would help him out a lot and maybe change the scenario.

Henrik Larsson

Still logged in at RAWK (help!)
He beat his full back once in the game against Chelsea, when Ivanovic tore him down just by the penalty area. That is simply not enough to be considered so highly as an out and out winger. Apart from that all his good moments comes from cutting in, crossing and passing. Compared to wingers I think he has the best passing and vision except Di Maria and Ribery. His penetrative passing is world class already, his close control allows him to challenge defenders like Ivanovic and still get a shot/pass/cross off comfortably.

His entire skill set just screams attacking midfielder, where he can play on either side - or even as an inside forward. With Rooney-Fellaini/Mata centrally - supposed to be very attacking - it pushes the wingers as far out as possible.

Of course him and Shaw has room to grow as players, and Shaw especially can be tactically much more offensive which would help him out a lot and maybe change the scenario.
Yeah, it'll be very interesting to see how Adnan will develop. Robben started on the left wing, eventually became a right winger who's had the best tournament in his career playing as a striker, in a free role in the 3-5-2. Van Persie showed some brilliance as a left winger, giving an assist in the Uefa Cup semi-final vs. Inter Milan, also a brilliant cross to Dirk fecking Kuijt in the '89th minute for the equalizer vs Ajax with Zlatan, Sneijder and Van der Vaart comes to mind. He went on to play anywhere upfront for Holland and Arsenal, mostly as a second striker or from the right. Eventually reached his peak playing as a #9.

Obviously Adnan can play anywhere upfront, wouldn't even be surprised if he bulked up and becomes a striker in five years or so.

ADJUDICATOR

Supports
THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD
I don't see Januzaj becoming a striker at all on evidence of how he's played in the first team.

C'est Moi Cantona

Did I see him playing for Belgium tonight? Taking the corner leading to the close effort near the end.
Came on with 5 minutes to go, played one right across the goal line which no one attacked, and yes he put in the corner which they had their clearest chance from, should have come on much earlier.

Devil may care

He came on for Mertens who got knocked out, in his 5 minutes cameo he put two good balls into the box that Belgium should have done more with.

Hit It

His delivery has been off the mark this season. Whether its down to lack of game time, I don't know but he does need to improve in alot of areas for me. Hopefully LVG can bring the best out of him and get him to be more influential in games where we need to unlock stubborn defences.

Tarrou

Thought he did great when he came on last night. Belgium immediately looked a lot more threatening and could've scored a couple of goals through his work down the right.

Hit It

Thought he did great when he came on last night. Belgium immediately looked a lot more threatening and could've scored a couple of goals through his work down the right.
Hopefully then, he brings that kind of form back to United, with all these injuries totting up, we need players that can rise to the occasion and have the determination to win. This is a big chance for Januzaj to stamp his place in the team.

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
In recent games, I have not been confident going into a game with him in the side (as much as I rate him) but for some reason, I really think he will turn it on against Arsenal. Don't know if he will start but I think he can really get at their back four.

Hit It

In recent games, I have not been confident going into a game with him in the side (as much as I rate him) but for some reason, I really think he will turn it on against Arsenal. Don't know if he will start but I think he can really get at their back four.
I agree. Di Maria as well. Arsenal being an attacking team will leave space in behind so it gives us a chance to counter attack with pace. What we need is that end product to be there when it counts.

FromTheBench

Should put him on the left if we stick to the 4-3-3 vs Chambers.

Let Di Maria float from the right and not be rigid like we have been in much of our 4-3-3 games.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Yup. His only option is playing the Mata role in that formation, and he hasnt played good enough to play in his spot.
I don't think Mata has been really impressive on the left side of the diamond either, but I agree that it will be difficult for him to grab a starting spot.
I hope to see him tonight too.

ravelston

Which clubs would suit him? At which club would he be a starter and play in an attacking team?
Maybe a lower level club in Spain or Portugal. Right now when he comes on he's Valencia light - receives ball on the right wing, shuffles around until the defense is set, then lays the ball back. He hasn't got the work rate, consistency or defensive skills to play in a more central position for us. A less pressured environment where the focus is still on passing might let him develop. (I'll admit that i'm not too optimistic about his future with us.)

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
We will need him on the road to Wembley. Also think he has a part to play over the Christmas period.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Bizarre. He's had plenty of games this year so far and he'll get plenty more in the 2nd half of the season - particularly as we're likely to have FA Cup games and 'lucrative friendlies' to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.