Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
Didn't do much for me, but the main thing is he's being played. Would rather he get experience in the team and an opportunity to take on the responsibility as a United first team player. Can only get better in my opinion and he done a decent job. Just a lot of room for improvement, especially with his potential.

Bojan11

He gets crowded out because he is too slow in his decision making and constantly ignored the fullback who was overlapping.

Truedevil

Please don't take him out of the team Louis, lets see what he can do in these run of games.

JustAFan

The Adebayo Akinfenwa of football photoshoppers
An evil little city in the NE United States
He did ignore the fullback too often, but it also seemed on too many occasions he had nobody to pass to. I remember at least two instances of him just stopping and looking around for ANYONE to pass to.

caisenma

I ♥ Adnan
there was one counter attack in the 2nd half where he raced down the pitch, looked around, and had to pass back because neither ****ing striker was anywhere near him. diabolical on their part, but highly indicative of their issues this season.

januzaj had a solid game, and was only behind di maria for me in terms of MOTM. might seem harsh on smalling, but i'm so disgusted with our defenders i can't give it to him.

Cletus

Slack jawed yokels can have good taste in football
Probably his best game of the season?
If that is his best game, then the bar must not be high.

IMO he has been crap again. Running into opposition players, losing the ball every second touch, waaay to selfish, end product absolutely horrible.

It's either he's not ready, or doesn't fit into the system.
I agree with both. He looks dangerous running at players, but flatters to deceive. Still, I hope he gets better from here as he's denying Mata some game time.

caisenma

I ♥ Adnan
Probably a bit harsh, but really what were the positives from his game today?
how about he continuosly drives the ball forward and is always looking for something to happen? of course it doesn't come off nearly every time, but he at least is consistently moving the ball forward.

just imagine if we had strikers to move the balll to. when wilson came on for falcao we immediately looked better up top. no question in my mind now that wilson is more important to this team than falcao, but that's for a different thread.

matt23

He gets crowded out because he is too slow in his decision making and constantly ignored the fullback who was overlapping.
This. Clearly lacking confidence but he takes too long to do nothing with it. Slight signs of improvement lately though, just irks me that he gets in over Mata

caisenma

I ♥ Adnan
ignoring the full back? what full back? the guy was alone all. the. time.

i'm a huge fan of rojo, but he did himself no favours today.

dsch

I thought he did well on the ball but was too often crowded out. I don't think we can blame him entirely for running down blind alleys, since he was one of the few who dared to try things.

Edit: Give me that over Valencia's sprint-sprint-sprint-STOP AND TURN and pass backwards any day.

Enigma_87

You know who
how about he continuosly drives the ball forward and is always looking for something to happen? of course it doesn't come off nearly every time, but he at least is consistently moving the ball forward.

just imagine if we had strikers to move the balll to. when wilson came on for falcao we immediately looked better up top. no question in my mind now that wilson is more important to this team than falcao, but that's for a different thread.
Burnley were tired in the second half and we were on top so we stretched them on couple of occasions when we had tons of space. The problem is not that it doesn't come off nearly every time, but it doesn't come off at all. Yes he was tight marked, but so was AdM, but the latter made a peno and assist and could've another peno and generally looked much much better compared to Januzaj, although he started slowly in the first half as well.

Yes, Januzaj is still very young, but his decision making at the moment is awful and combined with a lot of selfishness. He often takes wild shots when there are actually available teammates in better position. Tends to run with his head down. His crossing was poor. Neglected not only the full back but sometimes just to keep possession rather than just going straight into the defenders.

Someone compared him to Valencia. The trouble with Valencia is that he is afraid to challenge even one defender and he turns and passes back. When you have 2-3 defenders infront of you it's common sense to retain possession rather to give it away and possibly create a counter.

Trizy

Didn't do much but I love his no-fear attitude of running at players, we need balls like this in our team and from our manager.

caisenma

I ♥ Adnan
Burnley were tired in the second half and we were on top so we stretched them on couple of occasions when we had tons of space. The problem is not that it doesn't come off nearly every time, but it doesn't come off at all. Yes he was tight marked, but so was AdM, but the latter made a peno and assist and could've another peno and generally looked much much better compared to Januzaj, although he started slowly in the first half as well.

Yes, Januzaj is still very young, but his decision making at the moment is awful and combined with a lot of selfishness. He often takes wild shots when there are actually available teammates in better position. Tends to run with his head down. His crossing was poor. Neglected not only the full back but sometimes just to keep possession rather than just going straight into the defenders.

Someone compared him to Valencia. The trouble with Valencia is that he is afraid to challenge even one defender and he turns and passes back. When you have 2-3 defenders infront of you it's common sense to retain possession rather to give it away and possibly create a counter.
i think what you pointed out better describes adnan's flaws in general as opposed to his performance today, but fair enough.

for my money, there were no fullbacks in the equation today to begin with as he had next to no support.

KeninDC

Rest in Peace
Thought both he and AdM were more effective being flip-flopped from last game's positions. Thought he was most effective on the wing after Hererra came on and formation switched to a more traditional 4-4-2.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
I prefer him as a #10 but with freedom to roam to the wings. He is more unpredictable then.

Devil may care

That's absurdly harsh.
Seems to be the way our fans are towards our youth players, yet you still see people defending RvP and Evans, bizarre.

I think Januzaj had a decent game tonight given he had no strikers to aim for, but in truth I think he lacks the pace to be a winger, he'd be better as the #10 in a 4-2-3-1 with two quick wide men either side of him and a mobile striker in front IMO.

Boycott

The second half was more like last season. He freed up and started to take on his man, and showed confidence and courage to keep going.

I don't think he does bad in CM. The problem is he is doing exactly what the manager is wanting. Recycle the ball. It wastes his qualities. Januzaj plays at best with no fear and exuberance to play. He is not someone who is disciplined or frankly good enough in midfield to get a grip of the game.

arthurka

No help from Rojo the two useless strikers and Rooney... But gave a shit today and gave his all my motm with Herrera..

Ringo 07

With a run of games in the team he can bring more balance to the team. He has gradually been improving with each game but only very slightly....He still looks about 2 years away from being properly ready but I don't think Van Gaal trusts Mata anymore and at least Januzaj can help stretch teams with his pace.....if he can find any sort of consistency then he will be absolutely vital in our hopes of scraping that 4th spot

m1y2

I gave him 6 today that is what he deserved. wasn't special but it was good to see him as 10 today switched with ADM even if it didnt go well mainly due to Rooney the playmaker and two strikerrs who couldn't hold the ball. I guess Herrera will take Januzaj's place next game. Anyway it's always good to see him getting minutes, on thw wing he was much better in the second half..

In Rainbows

I prefer him as a #10 but with freedom to roam to the wings. He is more unpredictable then.
Yep. His problem today as a 10 was that he didn't see enough of the ball. He was good in tight spaces, and used both wings to dribble when he had the chance. As soon as he gets better at finding space so he can see more of the ball he will start to tear it up.

Last edited:

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Unlucky not to score from Di Maria's rebounded shot with an off the line clearance that beat the keeper.

Definitely a drastic improvement however it's quite worrying, a player we've had for over a season and a half and we can't still decide what his best position is.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Why is he trying to be a hardman though with his scowls, moaning and silly hairdo? He is built like a 'frail teen' as someone famously billed him last year, his angry face is worse than Henman's fist-pump or Henry's gay aggro face.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Unlucky not to score from Di Maria's rebounded shot with an off the line clearance that beat the keeper.

Definitely a drastic improvement however it's quite worrying, a player we've had for over a season and a half and we can't still decide what his best position is.
Is it really that worrying that so young an attacking player be tried in different positions?

At any rate, I don't think he had much of a chance in the first half to impress. Did show glimpses afterward of danger which he couldn't quite capitalize on.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Was quiet in the first half but class in the second I thought. Ran with the ball and dribbled past defenders easily and got in dangerous positions. The final ball will improve with time and experience. Both him and di Maria were our most dangerous players though.

Awful hair though, should sort that out.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
The only reason he gets crowded out or double marked is mainly because he runs himself in trouble and isolates himself from his teammates. Horrible first half, much better in the second.

khoazany

People taking him accountable for losing the ball when he has 4 defenders in front if him and has no support, seems legit, he's Robbem/Cruyff after all.
This.Can't believe what people see in the games sometimes.Losing the ball and giving it away means the player is shit to people no matter what the circumstance is.

I gave him 6 today that is what he deserved. wasn't special but it was good to see him as 10 today switched with ADM even if it didnt go well mainly due to Rooney the playmaker and two strikerrs who couldn't hold the ball. I guess Herrera will take Januzaj's place next game. Anyway it's always good to see him getting minutes, on thw wing he was much better in the second half..
That won't happen unless Januzaj is rested.

Last edited:

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
Was one of the players who was willing to try things and not afraid to be out there. It wasn't a vintage peroformance but still very good. He and Shaw in combination on the left side of the pitch can form some partnership if given a consistent run.

Dante

Average bang
The only one of our forward players who played with any urgency. He's definitely part of the solution. If a few others around him had played with the same verve, it would have been a much more comfortable night. He seemed to be quite bereft of options at times and it wasn't always his fault. Easily the best he's played all season.

Hamadovich86

The boy has the skill and the confidence but my word his decision making is terrible. He needs to know when to give up the ball and move into space instead of trying to dribble his way to the goal. He doesnt have a great eye for a pass but thats because hes not actually looking to pass it to anyone.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Wasn't great but I saw enough about him for Van Gaal to persist with him for the next few games.

Status
Not open for further replies.