Adnan Januzaj | Sunderland Loan Watch

KN5

Most of the team have been shite during the past 3 years. Van Gaal didn't fancy him and sent him out on loan. He barely got a chance at Dortmund and was unable to build any momentum. He was never going to make an impact for an incredibly poor, Moyes managed Sunderland this season.

My head needs checking does it Doctor? I could do with meds for a long list of reasons but my view on Januzaj is perfectly reasonable.
Pereira is doing fine in a relegation ridden side, why shouldn't Januzaj? He has attitude problems, that much is apparent by past managerS, why would you want someone lacking so much effort on a game to game basis. Look at how Jose has treated Martial who is a mile and a half ahead of Januzaj in every possible category.

He shouldn't be given a chance at United but I understand if you feel he should be given a small one since he's so young. I respect your view but ultimately he won't work in a Jose side and definitely won't work in a title winning side which is where we aspire to be. If somehow he turns it around it'd be amazing but I don't think he deserves the chance to turn it around at all.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
The only thing more annoying than the people who continue to defend Januzaj despite his failures are the people who spell his name "Janujaz".

flappyjay

Pereira is doing fine in a relegation ridden side, why shouldn't Januzaj? He has attitude problems, that much is apparent by past managerS, why would you want someone lacking so much effort on a game to game basis. Look at how Jose has treated Martial who is a mile and a half ahead of Januzaj in every possible category.

He shouldn't be given a chance at United but I understand if you feel he should be given a small one since he's so young. I respect your view but ultimately he won't work in a Jose side and definitely won't work in a title winning side which is where we aspire to be. If somehow he turns it around it'd be amazing but I don't think he deserves the chance to turn it around at all.
Pereira is doing fine because he plays in a team that attempts to play football, have you seen Sunderland play? They can't string passes together and they play long balls to Adnan and defoe. If these don't turn up none of the other players turn up.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Pereira is doing fine because he plays in a team that attempts to play football, have you seen Sunderland play? They can't string passes together and they play long balls to Adnan and defoe. If these don't turn up none of the other players turn up.
I do like Adnan, but how long are we going to continue to make excuses for him?

Just another talented kid that will fail to make the grade at the absolute highest level IMO. Will probably still go on to have a really good top flight career though.

KN5

So when Adnan does get the ball, does he often do anything that you could see him do in a United shirt? Does he show us the skills, attitude and hard work that would be needed to get into the side? I must admit I haven't watched too much of Sunderland but I've seen enough to know I don't want him back. He wouldn't get ahead of Lingard so what's the point? We need proper wingers in the summer not someone who has attitude issues and isn't better than Lingard.

Revan

Assumptionman
So, Januzaj can't play well in a shit team like Sunderland, can't play well in a better team like United, can't play well in even a better team like Dortmund.

Does that mean that Januzaj just isn't that good, full stop?

Blind

Another thing to consider with Adnan is this, imagine sticking a 22 yr old Ryan Giggs into that Sunderland side this season.
What? It's pointless bringing Josh King into the discussion as well because he's the main striker in a team that actually attacks. Januzaj needs a move, there's no point trying to constantly belittle his obvious ability and call him a failure just because he has the same squad number as Giggs.

You honestly think a 22 yr old Ryan Giggs wouldn't look superb in this side?

It's also bollocks they just play long balls, their wide and forward players see enough of the ball to impress.

What? It's pointless bringing Josh King into the discussion as well because he's the main striker in a team that actually attacks. Januzaj needs a move, there's no point trying to constantly belittle his obvious ability and call him a failure just because he has the same squad number as Giggs.
If he's to succeed here that's the level. Giggs at 22 would have been Sunderland's best player by a mile this season.

buckooo1978

You think he's shite but someone will pay £15m for him!#%? His contract is up in 2018 and there are no 1 year extensions. His family (same as his agents) were angling for a transfer last summer. He's going for something closer to £5m, at best, this summer.
I don't think he's shite....its obvious he is very talented

from reports his problems are more of attitude and application

Zaha and Depay have shown that not making an impact at United is hardly a career ender and clubs could look at Januzaj the same way..... has any player performed under Moyes this year?

Enigma_87

You know who
So when Adnan does get the ball, does he often do anything that you could see him do in a United shirt? Does he show us the skills, attitude and hard work that would be needed to get into the side? I must admit I haven't watched too much of Sunderland but I've seen enough to know I don't want him back. He wouldn't get ahead of Lingard so what's the point? We need proper wingers in the summer not someone who has attitude issues and isn't better than Lingard.
Januzaj is more talented by Lindgard. But often only talent is not enough. He doesn't have the right attitude for a top club.

So Lingard only has to reach Quinton Fortune level, seems fair like.
You're making a strawman.

The proof will be in the pudding, Adnan wants to be a star, Lingard wants to work his ass off and is happy as a squad player. Only one will be at United next season.

It's not about "fair". If Adnan wants to be the way he is, he better be Ryan Giggs level, if he wants to be the next Lingard, he should have started working his ass off 2 years ago like never before in his life. He's been neither, and that's why he'll be off permanently.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
So Lingard only has to reach Quinton Fortune level, seems fair like.
Lingard fits a role within the squad. He isn't the most talented but he has a work ethnic that few wide players can match.

Januzaj has plenty of talent but his attitude stinks, he'll never put in the kind of shits Lingard does, hence the measuring stick @Regulus Arcturus Black used.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
That's really not true. Have you seen Granada? They're awful. Literally, half of the team is compromised of players like Andreas - kids on loan. Quite comfortably one of the worst teams in La Liga. As for not attempting to play football, failing to string passes and revolving on long balls, that perfectly describes Granada. They'd play 5 at the back for half the season and still pour goals in.

HabeasC

Lingard fits a role within the squad. He isn't the most talented but he has a work ethnic that few wide players can match.

Januzaj has plenty of talent but his attitude stinks, he'll never put in the kind of shits Lingard does, hence the measuring stick @Regulus Arcturus Black used.
I also have heard Lingard puts in massive shits.

mu4c_20le

Indeed... Ravel had more talent than both and look at his career path
Ravel has never impressed at the highest level and even at his best, was a level behind Adnan, who had also dominated the reserves.

Dobbs

Posters still using the path of one player to determine what another player should be doing at the same age. It just doesn't work like that.

You want more from Januzaj even in a team like Sunderland but equally it can't be disputed he's made two terrible loan choices. First a team he was never going to get into and then a club that's been in free fall for years.

I hope we give him one more year at United.

MThomas

Figo: In Spain we called Benitez 'píldora para dor
Posters still using the path of one player to determine what another player should be doing at the same age. It just doesn't work like that.

You want more from Januzaj even in a team like Sunderland but equally it can't be disputed he's made two terrible loan choices. First a team he was never going to get into and then a club that's been in free fall for years.

I hope we give him one more year at United.
The club tried to pursuade him to join someone else than Dortmund, in the end it ended up with Van Gaal wanting to prove that he wasn't ready by giving in to it. All in all it just goes to show that Adnan really doesn't have a clue about what he's doing.

Oaencha

I agree he appears to have an attitude problem and hasn't done much to deserve another chance. My original point was that I think he could become an excellent player despite the past three years. He shouldn't have been given the number eleven shirt and shouldn't have been given the massive pay rise; neither of those are his fault though.

Some players are an instant success and some don't kick on until their mid-twenties. In my opinion Januzaj will at some point in the next year or two have a sudden burst of progression and everyone will be raving about him like they did in his season under Moyes. This is just my opinion and if in two years time this hasn't happened please call me out on it.

Dobbs

On another note, Josh King, another former United graduate has had a much more impressive season for a struggling side.

He'd fetch more money in the transfer market than Adnan surely.
Doesn't using an example like King directly contradict your theory on Adnan?

When he was 22 he was doing nothing. It's taken till now for him to mature as a player and really have an impact.

Doesn't using an example like King directly contradict your theory on Adnan?

When he was 22 he was doing nothing. It's taken till now for him to mature as a player and really have an impact.
Does it?

Where do I say anything that contradicts that @Dobbs?

I can definitely see a 25 yr old Adnan being a good player for a side like Bournemouth.

Dobbs

That King is an example of a player impressing in a struggling side.

It was an obvious point @Dobbs, I mean actually posted exactly that.
I thought you were making a different point because there's an obvious folly in using King's season to devalue Adnan further.

King wasn't doing anything at 22, think he scored three goals in a season. Him finally having an impact at 25 with multiple full seasons under his belt says nothing about Januzaj. It only proves that different players mature at different rates.

I thought you were making a different point because I fail to see how you can't see the folly in using King as an example.

King wasn't doing anything at 22, think he scored three goals in a season. Him finally having an impact at 25 with multiple full seasons under his belt says nothing about Januzaj. It only proves that different players mature at different rates.
You're an odd one Dobbs.

I can definitely see Adnan maturing in a few years and having a good career in football, I just can't see it at United.

I cannot agree that being in a struggling side stops you being able to show you're a good player that is ready to come back and play games for Manchester United, which is where the discussion started on that suggestion.

Dobbs

You're an odd one Dobbs.

I can definitely see Adnan maturing in a few years and having a good career in football, I just can't see it at United.

I cannot agree that being in a struggling side stops you being able to show you're a good player that is ready to come back and play games for Manchester United, which is where the discussion started on that suggestion.
Cheers mate.

It just doesn't make sense to say look at King scoring goals for Bournemouth, that definitely proves Januzaj should be performing for Sunderland. There's just no logic there.

Different players at different stages of their careers playing for very different clubs. If anything King should demonstrate to you that when a player has talent it's sometimes worth giving them that bit more time.

I'm not absolving Januzaj of all responsibility but his career so far has just been weird. I'd like to see what he can do with a bit of normality in place. Hence me wanting another year at United for him.

It just doesn't make sense to say look at King scoring goals for Bournemouth, that definitely proves Januzaj should be performing for Sunderland. There's just no logic there.
No-one said that though @Dobbs.

What someone did say was that good players tend to shine whatever the circumstances. Roy Keane got relegated rock bottom of the table with Forest at 22 years old, he was also in the PFA team of the year that season.

Now that's a player ready to go and play games for a top club, Adnan's season has simply shown that he's nowhere near ready.

Dobbs

No-one said that though @Dobbs.

What someone did say was that good players tend to shine whatever the circumstances. Roy Keane got relegated rock bottom of the table with Forest at 22 years old, he was also in the PFA team of the year that season.
Well yeah you did. King is scoring goals so there's no excuse for Adnan. That was your point.

Completely leaving out that King has three years more football under his belt. That he couldn't have scored 15 goals when he was Adnans age.

As for using Keane. It's Roy fecking Keane.