Adnan Januzaj

Status
Not open for further replies.

Genius Me!

Proud EE fan, 10k club member & NSFW crew member
Moyes said an entire summer our transfer dealings were moving along nicely aswell, he had confidence in Woodward ability to bring topclass players to this club and had no doubt he would succeed in that. We saw nothing an entire summer, until the last few days or even hours when the club was desperately trying to get atleast some deals done, and we ended up with an overpaid Fellaini that hardly can be labelled a top notch signing.

I have no trust in Moyes his words to be honest. Something is moving around Januzaj, and i'am in no way relaxed about it, i'll only be at ease if Adnan signs a new contract. If Juventus turns his manager(s) against us, things can get nasty, and if we lose this one, i'll never ever forgive Moyes for it.

Just quoting for the lolz :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Moyes said an entire summer our transfer dealings were moving along nicely aswell, he had confidence in Woodward ability to bring topclass players to this club and had no doubt he would succeed in that. We saw nothing an entire summer, until the last few days or even hours when the club was desperately trying to get atleast some deals done, and we ended up with an overpaid Fellaini that hardly can be labelled a top notch signing.

I have no trust in Moyes his words to be honest. Something is moving around Januzaj, and i'am in no way relaxed about it, i'll only be at ease if Adnan signs a new contract. If Juventus turns his manager(s) against us, things can get nasty, and if we lose this one, i'll never ever forgive Moyes for it.
Aww....

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored

Did mummy take your ice cream away?

The Neviller

How the feck did you get up here? You're the biggest spastic on this board, which is quite the achievement.

Joemo

whistling in the wind
Can't we just ban/demote that twat? As soon as he's come up he's just whinged.

jeston

Daniel Taylor confirming he heard from the club a deal was nearly done last month

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
Don't worry, he will set up the winner and the caf will have a party :drool:

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Showed lots of promise but also lots of naivety, really. And that's exactly why he's not being thrown straight into the team as quickly as some people are demanding. With that one shot that he got on target he had van Persie right on the penalty spot waiting to tap it in. Shame. It's pretty clear Moyes has faith in him though.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
At least he showed some type of directness, far too many players seemingly afraid to carry the ball forward.

Genius Me!

Showed lots of promise but also lots of naivety, really. And that's exactly why he's not being thrown straight into the team as quickly as some people are demanding. With that one shot that he got on target he had van Persie right on the penalty spot waiting to tap it in. Shame. It's pretty clear Moyes has faith in him though.

And people were screaming that Pogba didn't start against Blackburn. You can't expect youngsters to just always be brilliant and they need to be eased in to deal with the intensity of the matches.

Anyway Januzaj started off really slow and made a few mistakes but looked stronger and grew into the match and was much better in the last 20 minutes. I'd give him a start and see how he handles it.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
He has that bit of unpredictability in the forward areas that we lack at times.

But yes, he isn't ready to be a constant starter. Couple of occasions where he should've crossed instead of shooting.

Drainy

Can't disagree with what Brwned said.

I hope we never have to see a Januzaj- Buttner partnership down the left during a Premier League game again, their poor defensive work and Rio's errors really cost us today.

LR7

Wasn't helped in anyway by being thrown on the same side as Büttner who offered him zero protection. Eventually he swapped sides with Nani.
Some good bits of play and a few not so good bits, as to be expected with any youngster, let's not overreact. Maybe it's Hernandez he should have replaced rather than Kagawa as Kagawa was adding a LOT to the midfield and it only became apparent when he was gone.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Still showed invention and confidence to be involved and be where the ball was. He beat his man a couple of times despite not being very quick. I'm glad he was involved, and I hope we see more of him before we see Young.

Ekeke

Just like other players, probably needs a run of games to be at his best. Overall a bit underwhelming today and a little annoying that we changed the team to try and see more of him, putting Nani to the left after he was doing so well down our right. But then had a good try just wide near the end

Scrumpet

There are no words
Struggled for a while I thought but was good in the last 20 minutes or so. I liked seeing him trying to take responsibility and make things happen himself.

Genius Me!

David Moyes was just asked on MUTV: "Are there any positives you can take this afternoon from this?"

DM: "I think when Adnan came on he showed little bits, I know he was a bit nervous when he first came on but I thought when he came on he showed some positive play, created 1 or 2 chances and maybe a little unlucky not to score in the last minute"

So yeah, the only positive he tells us he takes from this is Adnan.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
David Moyes was just asked on MUTV: "Are there any positives you can take this afternoon from this?"

DM: "I think when Adnan came on he showed little bits, I know he was a bit nervous when he first came on but I thought when he came on he showed some positive play, created 1 or 2 chances and maybe a little unlucky not to score in the last minute"

Glad about that. Pity he's not available for the CL game.

Will have to suffer through a Valencia/Young game

Will Absolute

Strange he didn't mention Nani. He was the shining light.

thepolice123

Still very raw. He will be a beast for us once he knows how to utilise his abilities correctly.

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
At 18 years old he's not going to be the answer to all our questions. I thought he was good.
Yeah, he did OK. But he's not a saviour, nor should he be expected to be. He will be a bit part player for a long time, but the potential is huge.

Joemo

whistling in the wind
It's all well and good bringing him on for game time and seeing what he can do, but really it was a thoughtless move from Moyes. We had to move Nani,who was our best player by a distance, over from right to left as the left side was way too vulnerable with Adnan and Buttner. He looked good though, as Brwned said he was a bit naive at times yet if that last minute shot had snuck in we'd have forgotten all of that.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
But that nativity is a given, given his age. I hope moyes keep playing him because although he did look tense when he came on, he grew as the game went on and showed his a ability towards the end.

Genius Me!

It's all well and good bringing him on for game time and seeing what he can do, but really it was a thoughtless move from Moyes. We had to move Nani,who was our best player by a distance, over from right to left as the left side was way too vulnerable with Adnan and Buttner. He looked good though, as Brwned said he was a bit naive at times yet if that last minute shot had snuck in we'd have forgotten all of that.

But why was it thoughtless, he actually looked like he would be able to make something happen. At the time he came on we weren't losing so it was all to play for.

People were moaning that Pogba didn't get games, people have been moaning that Januzaj hasn't been ahead of the likes of Young and now you say that :lol: They can't win can they?

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Have to agree with that too. Although I think the kid looks ready to play lots, not sure bringing him on when we did today in place of who we did, made much sense.

Brophs

The One and Only
If we were in flying form he could come on in a game like that, 2-0 up, and stroll around and possibly nick a goal or an assist and generally feel relatively comfortable. Young players find this sort of thing the toughest because their nerves will play up more than the more experienced players. So those headless moments we saw at times today are par for the course. The real positive was that he kept trying to do something and not just playing it safe and letting the senior players take responsibility.

If we were in flying form he could come on in a game like that, 2-0 up, and stroll around and possibly nick a goal or an assist and generally feel relatively comfortable. Young players find this sort of thing the toughest because their nerves will play up more than the more experienced players. So those headless moments we saw at times today are par for the course. The real positive was that he kept trying to do something and not just playing it safe and letting the senior players take responsibility.
He had a few careless moments in possession, which almost cost us. But it was probably a little unfair for us to throw him in the deep end like that. Especially when we're on such a horrible run of form. Still I like the fact that he's willing to commit defenders and get in behind them. We don't currently have enough players with the balls to do that. Some of those seniors watching should take note. He will start to become an alternative option to them if they don't step up their game.

Devil may care

The only reason people had him down as a savior and the reason for not buying Ozil is because no one wants to see Young on anymore. Januzaj is a kid, he came on and struggled to get into the game at first, but I thought in the last 20 minutes or so he made 2 or 3 promising runs and had a decent attempt on goal, not bad at all for only his second PL appearance.

DevilRed

Almost scored the equalizer today and was impressive. However, he is not ready to start for us and should be used in 20-30 minute cameos. Nonetheless, thought it was odd how he replaced Kagawa so early in the match. Poor decision on Moyes part.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
He's a kid, he needed to face this challenge of coming on against a team who's doing fairly well and better sooner rather than later. the first few times he got the ball but he lost it, you'd think he would flop after that and we'd say it doesnt matter but he didn't let that affect him which is a real positive. He has the mentality.

We saw him come into the match as it progressed and he did real good, he wasn't afraid to dribble past players bigger than him even when we were losing. He beat his men quite easily actually. He has the skill. He will become a great player.

rooneyaldo

previously Cardiff, Wales. Now Montreal, Canada

this is his performance against West Brom yesterday, I thought Kagawa did well and had we continued with Kagawa maybe he would have done well too against a tiring West Brom side. But looking at video and the match again, I thought Januzaj did really well. Made a solid impact, easily could have scored or set up a goal if he had a bit of luck. There was signs of inexperience but overall I think he matched Kagawa in terms of performance and bringing him on did not hinder our performance at all.

Burrow

FM Experiment God
Scout
I dont really get the stick he has been getting after the match. I think he was one of our better players in the 2nd half, and actually managed to create something.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
I thought we did him a diservice by sending him on too early. Sending him on in the last 20-30 mins would have been ideal for him as he would find it easier to get away from is markers who would be tiring by then, but he still showed his class by not looking out of place in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.